Lean at WOT

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
He should be able to log LAMBSE with SCT if he adds it to the config file.
Some tuners only let you log what they want you to see.
Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Some tuners only let you log what they want you to see.
With SCT, you log whatever PIDS you choose. The tune file cannot block PCM PID data available through OBD access.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I'd like to see fuel/air commanded equivalence ratio, fuel pump duty cycle, absolute load in percent, MAF flow rate Lb/min, and fuel rate in addition to what he is logging. I'd get rid of the transmission PID's
I don’t believe many are those are necessary, since the data shows it’s trying to continue to demand a lower targeted lambda by increasing STFT delivery all the way up through the RPM range. Fuel volume is the indicated issue IMO.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Still would be nice to see commanded lambda. Get rid of MAF frequency and replace it with Lb/min Get rid of the trans PID's.

It is real strange that it is adding more fuel to get .81 lambda on 91 gas than on E85. Makes me wonder if the tune is calling for .76 on gas or ??

OP
OP
bhvnce

bhvnce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
He should be able to log LAMBSE with SCT if he adds it to the config file.
I'm using the config file PBD provided I didn't even think to search for others

Sponsored

OP
OP
bhvnce

bhvnce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Tomorrow im going to take the fuel hat out and redo all the wiring and hoses to make sure its all correct. From there, I'll try another WOT log on 91 and see if i can get a video of the pressure guage from inside the engine bay. Will update everyone.
I really appreciate the help y'all... not knowing what the hell is going on is a lonely place.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Still would be nice to see commanded lambda. Get rid of MAF frequency and replace it with Lb/min Get rid of the trans PID's.

It is real strange that it is adding more fuel to get .81 lambda on 91 gas than on E85. Makes me wonder if the tune is calling for .76 on gas or ??
I believe it how the transition starts to
correct from the start of WOT that can cause the different demand. Trims will continue to rise until target is met. The further away from target the faster they rise. I believe PBD has most of their fuel tables targeting .78-.80. Both my gas and E cals are .78 target.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I'm using the config file PBD provided I didn't even think to search for others
I would create your own config file as well for what YOU want to keep eyes on as well. There’s a few things missing on yours I like to see myself like K4xfd mentioned.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
It's been a long time since I have used Live link or SCT🙂

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium

Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
What is the injector duty cycle at, at WOT at the top of a pull?

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Has the car sat with e85 in the lines for some period of time? You could try some redline fuel system cleaner to maybe clean the injectors if they got gunked up after sitting for a while.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
What is the injector duty cycle at, at WOT at the top of a pull?
The correct PID's are not logged to calculate it and as far as I know live link doesn't have a channel for it.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Several possibilities.

1) You're running out of injector. Unlikely if you're at proper pressure, but if you're not at proper pressure (relative to air charge) then the injector just can't deliver enough fuel.
1.a. You could be losing delta pressure if the boost index/vacuum line is not properly increasing the pressure at the rails corresponding to boost. That means that if you're starting off at 45 psi (50 with vacuum cycle) and you're adding 10 psi, if the regulator isn't increasing to 55, then your relative injection pressure is like trying to deliver fuel at 35 psi (45 - 10 psi).
1.b. The fuel regulator could be asking for more (properly vacuum indexed) but something in your fuel system is running out of steam. The pumps are crying uncle, or more likely, there's some sort of restriction(s) in the line that's acting as a pre squeeze (almost like a pre-regulator).

2) You're running out of fuel delivery (prior to the regulator/rails/injectors). What are your voltages at WOT? Pump output drops pretty significantly if your voltage is at mid 12 vs high 13. If your battery is properly charging, you shouldn't see a drastic dropoff, but the charging system will cut the alternator output under WOT. Unlikely, but something to check.
2a. I know it sounds crazy, but you need to check (with a multimeter) to ensure BOTH pumps are running and functional. Recently saw a buddy who was leaning and it was because he was down one pump out of 3 (the relay for the 3rd pump had burnt out because of what was probably a bad connection/handshake). Doing wiring properly (with soldered connections and proper wire sizes) along with PROPER ground will mean you get the most out of your pumps. Sketchy ground, undersized wiring, poor battery, can all result in the pumps output being less than optimal.
2b. As I wrote above, it does virtually NO good to have ginormous components throughout the system if there's even one restriction or choke point. Recently I've seen some fuel setups where the hat itself is a coffee straw (the internal union that combines the multi pump flow chokes to like a 6AN feed). Your pumps could be doing the work, but if they're trying to push through any restriction, you're getting choked flow.

Start with each possibility, trouble shoot and eliminate as you go.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hey all, I've been trying to wrap my brain around this issue but I think it's time to ask for help from people much smarter than I. Working with Palm Beach Dyno to get my car dialed in and car is going lean at wot on every single pull.
2015 GT Premium A6 3.55
Edelbrock 2650 3in pulley (not sure how much boost its making dont have a guage)
Stainless Power 1 7/8" catted headers
GT350 TB with adapter
Stock airbox
NGK 6510 gapped to .024" per PBD recommendation
FIC 1000 95lb/hr
Lethal Performance lvl 1 Return style fuel system ( 2x Walbro F90000274 (465lph High Pressure E85 Approved))
Forged Bottom End 10:1 Comp bored .005 over
Built Trans
Entire build has less than 5k miles on it save for stock heads
Tuning with SCT X4

Anyways, car is going lean at wot and I'm stumped as to why. Have fuel pressure regulator set to 44 psi at idle, both pumps are running, wiring seems correct (ugly and done with butt connectors because I plan to clean it up later but works), no leaks, no kinks, so seems that everything mechanical is solid to the best of my knowledge. I was told that the level 1 would be good for up to 800 wheel horsepower which was perfect for me because my goal was 750. I feel like my build is rather tame, and I don't think I'm above that 800hp mark (it is being street tuned so i don't have numbers but the butt dyno says I'm not there) so this fuel system should be sufficient. Long story short, I'm stumped.

If anyone is a data log wizard and thinks they can diagnose this through there I would be happy to share. Only thing I can think of is that I'm running out of fuel but that just shouldn't be the case based on what I was told so I'm just hoping anyone has some better ideas as to what it could possibly be.
Thank you!
3.0 pulley with stock lower is 13psi.
Sponsored