Sponsored

Leak!! Area behind passenger flooded with water

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd
Hi I'm sorry for the late reply, I used to get an email on replies but this seemed to have stopped for some reason.

Here are some pic's of the stickers..

Cheers!

A pillar Stickers - Fix (1).jpg
A pillar Stickers - Fix (2).jpg
Is that hole at the very top the same size as the middle hole? The sticker on the top is obviously smaller but I don't know if the hole is actually smaller or the same size. I'm hoping I can use the same size plug for the top and middle hole assuming the hole diameter is the same. Can anyone confirm?
Sponsored

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd
I read your post too late. I already tried Gorilla 'crazy' (10-sec) glue. I made a mess. Put too much, removed the paint around (or maybe it was the white from the rag), and didn't do crap initially. Left the sticker pretty floppy (it was hard before). After cleaning the mess and excess, thought it was over, but pressed on the still moist sticker, and apparently it glued itself to the car. It looks flat now, after 12 hours. I'll keep an eye on it, but looks it maybe worked. My other option is to apply a larger PPF round 'patch' over the sticker, but I don't think it's needed.
Did you also glue the smaller sticker that covers the hole at the way top? It's a bit harder to reach and see since it's behind the door hinge, but I noticed that smaller sticker also peels away and can cause water to get through.

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
mine was from 3rd brake light.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Where'd you get those fresh stickers to cover the holes?
The ford dealer or their body-shop should have them.

Did you also glue the smaller sticker that covers the hole at the way top? It's a bit harder to reach and see since it's behind the door hinge, but I noticed that smaller sticker also peels away and can cause water to get through.
These stickers are in place before the paint job at the plant, mine had paint under one side of the sticker edge.

Someone on reddit posted their update and a TSB for this specific issue.

The TSB fix is to plug the 2 main holes with a rubber plug, but it has no mention of plugging the other 2 holes that sit at the top. Both stickers (small one at the top and main middle one) are peeling way on my driver side.

I also found an article and rubber plugs that LMR posted to address the same middle holes that cause leaks, but they to do not mention the other holes covered by smaller stickers. Has anyone bought these from LMR to plug theirs?
https://lmr.com/products/2015-2022-s55-fender-area-water-leak-fix
That sucks to find out years later there is a TSB for it, at the time I had to pay for it all as water-leaks are not covered under warranty here. So not only it took em 3 months to find the leak and made me drive for that long with a stripped interior, but so many years later I still have to deal with the fungus smell when I turn on my heater or airco on warm humid days...

it sure looks promising for me after reading this at LMR

" From the amount of water that was allowed to pass in, this leak over time could have ruined the interior carpet, or worse, caused rust or possible structural damage to the floor pan."

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
That sucks to find out years later there is a TSB for it ...
The TSB just came out as TSB 22-2242 dated 24 June 2022. So it took years for Ford to actually react with a fix. I think I mentioned way early in this thread that Ford should have used rubber plugs in those holes instead of Mickey Mouse stickers that will certainly fail at some point in the car's life.

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Not only did it take them eight years to come up with a fix, but they didn't even fix it completely. They only mention one sticker on each side, when in fact there are three. :crazy:
For the other two we must wait another eight years for a new TSB. :facepalm:

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd
Not only did it take them eight years to come up with a fix, but they didn't even fix it completely. They only mention one sticker on each side, when in fact there are three. :crazy:
For the other two we must wait another eight years for a new TSB. :facepalm:
Yea it's ridiculous. If anything the top sticker seems like it would cause more leakage since any water coming through the hood and a-pillar gap will pass that hole first. For whatever reason the middle sticker seems to peel away first for everyone dealing with this. For sure Ford knows the other stickers are an issue but you can't reach those without the doors being removed. As in the TSB the fix for the middle big sticker is to leave the door open and stick your hand through the gap to do all the work. I'm completely assuming here, but I'm guessing if the TSB addressed all the stickers/holes then they'd be paying out way more in labor under warranty if the TSB called for the doors to be removed. I didn't want to take mine to the dealership just to fix one stupid sticker so I managed to super glue it back on and it is solid now. The smaller sticker at the top is starting to peel away but I haven't noticed any water on my floor so I'll just keep an eye on it. If anyone wants to know how I safely superglued the middle sticker back on I'll be happy to share and save you a trip to the dealership.

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
If the water is in back floor board why look in the front?

Eagle-1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Someone on reddit posted their update and a TSB for this specific issue.

The TSB fix is to plug the 2 main holes with a rubber plug, but it has no mention of plugging the other 2 holes that sit at the top. Both stickers (small one at the top and main middle one) are peeling way on my driver side.

I also found an article and rubber plugs that LMR posted to address the same middle holes that cause leaks, but they to do not mention the other holes covered by smaller stickers. Has anyone bought these from LMR to plug theirs?
https://lmr.com/products/2015-2022-s55-fender-area-water-leak-fix
I personally went to the Ford dealership and ordered the rubber grommets using the part numbers as noted from the tsb. Wasn't hard to do really just open the door all the way and it is a tight squeeze to work through the small valley. Also before I applied the plugs I used some touch up paint like the tsb says(not that you have to).

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd
What about
I personally went to the Ford dealership and ordered the rubber grommets using the part numbers as noted from the tsb. Wasn't hard to do really just open the door all the way and it is a tight squeeze to work through the small valley. Also before I applied the plugs I used some touch up paint like the tsb says(not that you have to).
What about the smaller stickers at the top of the valley, its right behind where the door hinges? Are yours still intact?

Sponsored

Eagle-1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
What about

What about the smaller stickers at the top of the valley, its right behind where the door hinges? Are yours still intact?
Ok so I just checked and peeled the stickers away both the one on top of the main and bottom of it and there's nothing behind them except a small/shallow circular indentation if you will. Other than that its just sheet metal behind them.

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd
Ok so I just checked and peeled the stickers away both the one on top of the main and bottom of it and there's nothing behind them except a small/shallow circular indentation if you will. Other than that its just sheet metal behind them.
Holy crap no way! What model year is your mustang?

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd
Are there holes behind the stickers in your MY mustang?
Mines a 2020 and I don't know if there's holes behind the small stickers. I tried my best to reach them to feel or peel back, but couldn't quite get there. I'm surprised you were even able to reach the top stickers without taking off the door.
Sponsored