Sponsored

Leak!! Area behind passenger flooded with water

fguan992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Its been raining a lot the last couple days and surprised to find that the rear area behind passenger seat filled with water. I am 100% sure that the window was closed. Any ideas what could be happening here??

2qno2tz.jpg
Sponsored

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
Check out the UK section. Someone else has had significant leaks

Sponsored

OP
OP

fguan992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Check out the UK section. Someone else has had significant leaks
Just read through the thread。。。He just had a wet carpet and was leaking through under the chassis.. for me its significant amount of water which I assumed its not coming from the bottom

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
That was me.

Original issue was a seal behind the A pillar apparantly, which was duly repaired by Ford under warranty. A few others have been victim to a “known issue” for UK cars, which is a failed grommet in the firewall. Believe thats only applicable to RHD tho.

To make my issue worse, my dealership were reluctant to remove or replace the carpet originally, so the significant water that had entered my (drivers side) rear footwell had leaked through and was sitting by the chassis rail on the floor. The pool of water in there was moving around and coming up through the carpet as i was driving

It was a lonnng 3 visit, 66 day saga but today i picked it up & feel fairly confident its sorted.

Anyway, shoot me a pm if you need more details :)

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
That was me.

Original issue was a seal behind the A pillar apparantly, which was duly repaired by Ford under warranty. A few others have been victim to a “known issue” for UK cars, which is a failed grommet in the firewall. Believe thats only applicable to RHD tho.

To make my issue worse, my dealership were reluctant to remove or replace the carpet originally, so the significant water that had entered my (drivers side) rear footwell had leaked through and was sitting by the chassis rail on the floor. The pool of water in there was moving around and coming up through the carpet as i was driving

It was a lonnng 3 visit, 66 day saga but today i picked it up & feel fairly confident its sorted.

Anyway, shoot me a pm if you need more details :)
I don't take mine out in the rain, now I feel like I have to. Was this happening to UK only or has people in the USA as well?

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
Convertible or coupe?

With freezing rain sometimes the glass is unable to drop before opening and closing the door causing it not to seal correctly. Could this have happened?

OP
OP

fguan992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Convertible or coupe?

With freezing rain sometimes the glass is unable to drop before opening and closing the door causing it not to seal correctly. Could this have happened?
Never opened the passenger door until recently

Sponsored

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Could it be a seam leaking from a poor weld etc under the car?

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Not sure how the newer Mustangs are built but I had this exact problem in my 2003 GT Vert. In that car, water runs through the frame and there are little drain slits in front of the rear wheels. The problem was the factory skimped on the seam sealer in the rear floor pans so the water never made it to the back of the car and ran into the floor pan soaking the carpet.

OP
OP

fguan992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I took the car in last week, they got a leak guy to look at it and they adjusted the seal and stuff. It rained yesterday and the carpet was wet again. I'm pretty sure its coming from under the carpet...

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
Gonna resurrect this thread real quick. Car had been sitting for the last 5 days or so. First time driving in said days and found water in the passenger foot well. Looks like it is leaking through the A pillar panels. Carpet is soaked and I have no idea how long it has been like that as it has been raining since Friday.

To the person who had this fixed under warranty. Did they give you any grief about the actual fix or having the carpet replaced? I am reluctant in taking my car in since the last time they shipped it off to the body shop it came back with damage that was suppose to be prevented the fought with me about getting it fixed.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Gonna resurrect this thread real quick. Car had been sitting for the last 5 days or so. First time driving in said days and found water in the passenger foot well. Looks like it is leaking through the A pillar panels. Carpet is soaked and I have no idea how long it has been like that as it has been raining since Friday.
To the person who had this fixed under warranty. Did they give you any grief about the actual fix or having the carpet replaced? I am reluctant in taking my car in since the last time they shipped it off to the body shop it came back with damage that was suppose to be prevented the fought with me about getting it fixed.
I had the same issue back in January and took them 3 months to find out how the water got in the A-pillar... I drove around for 3 months with the carpet stripped and most of the interior. Eventually we found that a sticker came loose on the outside of the A-pillar. Between the door and A-pillar there are 3 stickers that they put on before paint. Use a flash light to spot it, and to fix it the door needs to be taken off.

Warranty: Ford gave me a partial warranty in terms of a discount on the working hours it took to fix it... no new carpet though...

Either way, first check those darn stickers before anything else, I hope this helps!
Sponsored