Sponsored

Leak!! Area behind passenger flooded with water

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I honestly wouldn’t know (or want) to advise you what’s best ...

Silicone will seal it up, but it could look messy, but it could also be removed without trace if needed.

The PPF patches (IMHO) would look the best and be a really robust solution, BUT you have to be sure you can get them on, positioned correctly and pressed down well.

How confident are you on you dexterity/ positioning skills given the space you will have to work within ... ?

WD :like:
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Good info; thanks. So would you try to silicon on top of where the sticker is bent, or try to remove it, and put a round PPF of the same size there instead? Thx.
Can you get a photo of the sticker and post it up?

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Can't fully open the door in the garage; will try to remember to take a photo next time I use the car. What I decided to do is to buy a new 'crazy glue' little tube, and try to glue the top of the sticker in place. There's still enough space from where it has peeled off to where the hole is, so gluing the top part should prevent further peeling. The sticker is kind of hard, so need something that dries quickly to be able to glue it in place, and look stock. Just have to pour enough that it doesn't run out. Or at least not that much. I'll report on my results when it's done. Wish somebody found the perfect flush rubber plug, but without the large sticker in place, something would look out of place anyway, so rather take the glue option so car looks factory. Thank you for all the comments.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't fully open the door in the garage; will try to remember to take a photo next time I use the car. What I decided to do is to buy a new 'crazy glue' little tube, and try to glue the top of the sticker in place. There's still enough space from where it has peeled off to where the hole is, so gluing the top part should prevent further peeling. The sticker is kind of hard, so need something that dries quickly to be able to glue it in place, and look stock. Just have to pour enough that it doesn't run out. Or at least not that much. I'll report on my results when it's done. Wish somebody found the perfect flush rubber plug, but without the large sticker in place, something would look out of place anyway, so rather take the glue option so car looks factory. Thank you for all the comments.
In your case, I'd use an adhesive RTV instead of crazy glue. Once applies, you have time to wipe off any excess and then let it dry and make a robust seal.

https://www.permatex.com/products/a...r-rtv-silicone-adhesive-sealant/?locale=en_us

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I read your post too late. I already tried Gorilla 'crazy' (10-sec) glue. I made a mess. Put too much, removed the paint around (or maybe it was the white from the rag), and didn't do crap initially. Left the sticker pretty floppy (it was hard before). After cleaning the mess and excess, thought it was over, but pressed on the still moist sticker, and apparently it glued itself to the car. It looks flat now, after 12 hours. I'll keep an eye on it, but looks it maybe worked. My other option is to apply a larger PPF round 'patch' over the sticker, but I don't think it's needed.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Well at least you’ve got some confidence it will be leak free now :like:

If I ever get the chance to see one of these things with the doors off (or see some pictures of someone else’s on the net) I’m going to take a vernier to those holes (or ask for some measurements) so we can source a correctly sized grommet.

I’m sure that information will become more important the longer these cars are in circulation and for those of us that will run them for many years :like:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well at least you’ve got some confidence it will be leak free now :like:

If I ever get the chance to see one of these things with the doors off (or see some pictures of someone else’s on the net) I’m going to take a vernier to those holes (or ask for some measurements) so we can source a correctly sized grommet.

I’m sure that information will become more important the longer these cars are in circulation and for those of us that will run them for many years :like:

Pictures are shown in this thread:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...flooded-with-water.101947/page-2#post-2374159

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...flooded-with-water.101947/page-5#post-2885713

S550 A-pillar Stickers - Fix (2a).jpg

Last edited:

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Well at least you’ve got some confidence it will be leak free now
I actually never had a leak, or I wouldn't have used that 'fix'. I used 'crazy glue' (Gorilla) because the 'sticker' was curled up about halfway from the top, to where the hole is, so still glued to the car to prevent water intrusion. And didn't want to be holding it for half an hour with the regular Gorilla glue. The sticker was hard, so needed something strong.

If somebody finds the proper grommet, please post it. I'd buy a few to have handy, in case I see any signs of one of those stickers peeling off in the future. That one should be good for a while now. The others look fine.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I’m going to take a look at mine when I next get take it out - I’ve been wanting to check them out, but kind of keep putting it off as I might find something I don’t like ... :facepalm:

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
My 2019 is all stickers (6 of them)... but one on each side is partly blocked, so probably couldn't fit a plug in there. And the lower stickers would be impossible to remove without removing the doors IMO. The most vulnerable stickers are the top ones, and probably the only ones we could remove with doors in place.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone else looked closely (with the doors wide open) at the three sticker locations (shown in photo in Post #100) and see a plug instead of a sticker in the middle hole like I found on my 2015?

See my post below:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...flooded-with-water.101947/page-2#post-2376417
2020 and no grommets, just stickers.

After checking that picture above I need to check mine again, I thought I could only see the upper two - either I missed it or there has been a running change.

The stickers didn't look like what I was expecting (unless they have changed), all mine have a weave to them almost like they are a fabric reinforced patch ?

3-AB3-C8-F9-271-B-4504-9853-3-E2-D0-B28-FE64.jpg

Oh, hang about a min ...

1614003618341.png

:cwl: :cwl::cwl:

Fortunately, the four I have seen up to now all seem to be stuck down well with no lifted edges etc :like:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
2020 and no grommets, just stickers.

After checking that picture above I need to check mine again, I thought I could only see the upper two - either I missed it or there has been a running change.

The stickers didn't look like what I was expecting (unless they have changed), all mine have a weave to them almost like they are a fabric reinforced patch ?

3-AB3-C8-F9-271-B-4504-9853-3-E2-D0-B28-FE64.jpg

Oh, hang about a min ...

1614003618341.png

:cwl: :cwl::cwl:

Fortunately, the four I have seen up to now all seem to be stuck down well with no lifted edges etc :like:

LMAO @ the above analogy!! Good one!

I’m wondering too if there was a running change in what is being used to cap the holes.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The third stickers are down low, and less than half can be seen, so harder to spot. Only the top sticker is fully exposed. The middle one is partially covered, and the bottom one mostly covered. I need to apply touch-up paint where I 'super-glued' mine. It's just crazy Ford is so freaking cheap that didn't use grommets instead; unbelievable.
Sponsored