Leak!! Area behind passenger flooded with water

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
If the water is in back floor board why look in the front?
No one going to answer my question? Go ahead and chase a leak in the front that wets the rear floor
Sponsored

San

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oleksandr
Vehicle(s)
Mustang MK6 2016 premium
Hello, friends. I am a new member of the forum, sorry for my English in advance)
I also had a problem with water on the passenger side of the car (steering wheel on the left). It was the holes in the right passenger footwell. To fix this problem, you do not need to remove the door. I would like to add an observation: the holes through which water got into the cabin (highlighted in red in the photo). There is foam there that retains water. You can check this by putting a rag on the wire and pushing the wire through the same holes as far as it will go. If the rag is wet, you need to get rid of it. Perhaps I have helped someone. Thank you for your attention.
11.jpg

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Hello, friends. I am a new member of the forum, sorry for my English in advance)
I also had a problem with water on the passenger side of the car (steering wheel on the left). It was the holes in the right passenger footwell. To fix this problem, you do not need to remove the door. I would like to add an observation: the holes through which water got into the cabin (highlighted in red in the photo). There is foam there that retains water. You can check this by putting a rag on the wire and pushing the wire through the same holes as far as it will go. If the rag is wet, you need to get rid of it. Perhaps I have helped someone. Thank you for your attention.
11.jpg
@San welcome to the site!

English is fine! :)

Good info. That foam is a spacer between the metal which is supposed to absorb NVH due to the thin sheet metal and also acts as a sound deadener too.

There Is the A-pillar TSB which addresses the "holes" in that section seen when either door is open. This is specific to the A-Pillar and contains the Ford TSB about it addressing water intrusion lower than the roof:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-s550s-a-pillar-water-intrusion-leaks.178242/

---

I like your images - I literally laughed when I see you saying "you do not need to remove the door", but your images show the entire side of the car cut open and gone... (being funny here)🤣😄:wink:

---

So back to topic of the foam:
If the inner wheel well liner is removed, is that area accessible or seen from the "front" (which would be behind the front wheel with liner removed)?

---

And lastly, what is the project you are working on, do you have a build thread about it on here?

San

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oleksandr
Vehicle(s)
Mustang MK6 2016 premium
Hi. I had a whole problem with water, as I found the whole lake in the winter. It was unrealistic to dry the interior and there was nowhere to do it.
photo_2023-05-04_13-18-07.jpg

I needed the cheapest endoscope I could find.
To check for water: you need to remove the clip and its bracket in the photo. There will be a hole that gives access to the endoscope.
photo_2023-05-04_13-17-59.jpg

I found the photos I uploaded by accident on YouTube. Because I didn't understand how it was possible, I had sealed everything according to the datasheets, and there was still water.
Sponsored