This Limited Warranty requires that parts must be
purchased from an authorized Ford
Performance Distributor and installed by an authori
zed Ford or Lincoln Dealer, Shelby American, Inc.,
mountune
LLC or an automotive service technician certified b
y the Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (
ASE).

So if CJPP is Ford Performance Authorized (which should be, can someone find proof?), then we can get it from them and have a certified shop install it.
https://performanceparts.ford.com/dealer-directory/

Based on this list, I would say that it is.
Sponsored

eXtremyst_v1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost PP
Yikes, this means not just any dealer, but an authorized dealer. So hopefully there would be more participants by the end of the year, or a lot of us are in for a drive.
I would imagine/hope that any legit Ford dealer would be "authorized." I'm sure if you give them a call they'd let you know a dealer near you that you could go to.

Sponsored

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
Could always buy the kit then sell the CAI, I'm sure someone on here would buy it, youd get some of your money back and theyd get a better deal than just buying the CAI only brand new:thumbsup:
I'm thinking about doing this... I doubt the EB needs any more than the stock airbox provides for a light tune like this and I want my car quiet.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Aaaand Levittown Ford has it for $506.00! Cobb AP V3 for Sale!
that is a crazy price... wow...

I'm wondering how "great" this tune is though.

I called my local dealer and they needed to ask "someone" if they could install it for and for how much.

Anyone know a dealer in MD or N. VA who can install? Any prices?

jdanna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost pp
that is a crazy price... wow...

I'm wondering how "great" this tune is though.

I called my local dealer and they needed to ask "someone" if they could install it for and for how much.

Anyone know a dealer in MD or N. VA who can install? Any prices?
I called tedd britt ford in fairfax VA (they are a ford performance dealer) and they said they could do it. didnt get into pricing though.

not sure if they would install it if you bought it somewhere else - some places get crappy about that.

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
I called tedd britt ford in fairfax VA (they are a ford performance dealer) and they said they could do it. didnt get into pricing though.

not sure if they would install it if you bought it somewhere else - some places get crappy about that.

If you bring it to ford (or an approved shop) they will install it and FP will honor the warranty if you bought it from an authorized FP vendor. I found that info in the warranty document on FP website. Lots of shops dont like installing items u didnt get there since they dont want you coming back if something goes wrong. But this is FP, we should be fine.

Eric R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Mustang Premium, 6MT
I asked my Ford dealer the same as they currently have it in the shop doing warranty work. I will be doing this once they tell me if they can install it or not. Can't wait to see real #'s though.

Sponsored

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Gonna take my car in for an oil change and tire rotation. Gonna ask my dealer if they'll do the install and how much (they're a FP authorized dealer)

OP
OP
Rick B

Rick B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost

Mid_life_crisis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost premium
Living in the Southeast, I have to wonder what happens if you're running this tune and can only get 87 octane? Will the computer still be able to throttle back the performance to protect the motor or do you just drive like there's an egg under your foot and pray you don't break something?

Datalux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost, Premium, Auto, PP
So how would Ford know if the person doing the install was ASE certified? There are a number of shops around me with ex-GM, Ford,Honda,etc. ASE certified tech's working for them that could install this?

"installed by an authorized Ford or Lincoln Dealer, Shelby American, Inc.,
mountune LLC or an automotive service technician certified by the Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE). "

arghx7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50 years Ecoboost
I'm thinking about doing this... I doubt the EB needs any more than the stock airbox provides for a light tune like this and I want my car quiet.
It's one thing to use a different aftermarket intake than the Ford Performance one, but I would NOT use a stock airbox with the Ford Performance tune because the tune is not designed for stock airbox.

The additional restriction of the stock airbox compared to a performance intake will make the turbo work a lot harder (spin at higher speeds & higher pressure ratio) which will make it less efficient, plus it is not good for the life of the turbo.
Sponsored