Latest update from Ford Performance Tune

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
IIRC, export market cars run/are tuned differently, anyways. Something about MAP tuning vs MAF tuning (i.e. our cars use Mass Airflow, whereas, due to regulations overseas, cars for Europe/Australia/etc. use the Manifold Pressure reading). Someone correct me if I'm wrong about that ;)
The U.S. cars use speed density (MAP sensors). I'm not sure about the export cars, but we definitely use MAP sensors.
Sponsored

stevejon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
black mustang ecoboost
IIRC, export market cars run/are tuned differently, anyways. Something about MAP tuning vs MAF tuning (i.e. our cars use Mass Airflow, whereas, due to regulations overseas, cars for Europe/Australia/etc. use the Manifold Pressure reading). Someone correct me if I'm wrong about that ;)
That's interesting info,I do know that the coyote v8 is detuned for Australia and is not producing the same power,don't know if the ecoboost is different from the US model.so much is changed for the Australian market,no driving lights near headlights,no bonnet vents on v8,no line lock,no gauges on pp ecoboost on dash plus numerous other things we don't get due to Australian design regulation rules.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
That's interesting info,I do know that the coyote v8 is detuned for Australia and is not producing the same power,don't know if the ecoboost is different from the US model.so much is changed for the Australian market,no driving lights near headlights,no bonnet vents on v8,no line lock,no gauges on pp ecoboost on dash plus numerous other things we don't get due to Australian design regulation rules.
Oh hush, you all have had the Falcon, like the FG X XR8, for years. I don't want to hear it, lol. :lol:

stevejon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
black mustang ecoboost
Oh hush, you all have had the Falcon, like the FG X XR8, for years. I don't want to hear it, lol. :lol:
I've been envious with the amount of awesome American performance cars you guys have,dodge challengers,camaros,corvettes,Shelby mustangs.What we pay over here for 4 door falcons and Holden commodores which go ok but are so boring to look at.I Think we are lucky to get the mustang.aussie cars were way cooler back in the late 60s and early 70s.350 Holden mornaros,351 gt falcon coupes,A9x 308 toranas,great time for Aussie cars back then.

sharp21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Can it be had without the intake? I've already got one that I like.

Price seems good and power gains as promised also seem good. I've got aspirations of Meth injection at some point though so not sure if its the one for me, but really like the warranty aspect as I've only got 8k on mine...

S.

Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
For those of you that don't want the included intake, sell it. You could recoupe a decent amount of money and still keep/use whatever intake you current have.

klineka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Can it be had without the intake? I've already got one that I like.

Price seems good and power gains as promised also seem good. I've got aspirations of Meth injection at some point though so not sure if its the one for me, but really like the warranty aspect as I've only got 8k on mine...

S.

Could always buy the kit then sell the CAI, I'm sure someone on here would buy it, youd get some of your money back and theyd get a better deal than just buying the CAI only brand new:thumbsup:

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
100 hp Max is at 6000 rpm
Ah, I got it. It's 75 hp average gain over the curve between 5500-6000rpm.

That means we are losing a lot of power up top with a stock tune at 310 hp peaks.

This tune looks like a lot of fun.

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
So do we have to buy this from Ford AND have them install it to obtain the warranty? Or can we buy it from another source (like cjponyparts) and just bring it to Ford for installation?

Mid_life_crisis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost premium
Ah, I got it. It's 75 hp average gain over the curve between 5500-6000rpm.

That means we are losing a lot of power up top with a stock tune at 310 hp peaks.

This tune looks like a lot of fun.
:amen:

A car that pulls all the way to redline is always more fun. I want this.

Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
So do we have to buy this from Ford AND have them install it to obtain the warranty? Or can we buy it from another source (like cjponyparts) and just bring it to Ford for installation?
You can buy it anywhere, like CJPP, and just have a dealership install it. I'd highly recommend CJPP.

Mid_life_crisis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost premium
Anything is possible, but I can't see it mattering where it was purchased.
To me the real question is, "why wouldn't it be okay for any certified technician to install it? Why does it have to be Ford?"

arghx7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50 years Ecoboost
Could you still use this tune if you had a castless downpipe and exhaust? I only have 5k miles on my 2015 so the warranty aspect still makes sense.
The tune isn't designed for such a reduction in exhaust restriction and could overboost. I wouldn't do it. It defeats the purpose of a canned tune if you don't use it as intended. It's no different than going catless with an off the shelf Cobb map not designed for catless exhausts.

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
To me the real question is, "why wouldn't it be okay for any certified technician to install it? Why does it have to be Ford?"
Found this in FP's Limited Warranty document:
Warranty Registration:
This Limited Warranty requires that parts must be
purchased from an authorized Ford
Performance Distributor and installed by an authori
zed Ford or Lincoln Dealer, Shelby American, Inc.,
mountune
LLC or an automotive service technician certified b
y the Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (
ASE).

So if CJPP is Ford Performance Authorized (which should be, can someone find proof?), then we can get it from them and have a certified shop install it.

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
I remember a Ford Performance Rep telling me that any ASE certified mechanic can install it with a 3 year ford performance warranty.
Sponsored