Sponsored

Latest update from Ford Performance Tune

Rick B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost
Ford Performance

Rich, the Power Upgrade Pack for the 2.3L EcoBoost Mustang is scheduled to be ready for sale at the end of the month. The HP and Torque gains will be worth the wait. The Ford Performance calibration is CARB compliant - meeting these emission standards does take a bit longer to achieve. Thank you for your patience.

Yea, we'll see....:shrug:
Sponsored

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
Yeah yeah. Another month. It was suppose to be the first week of Sept. I am just wondering what parts are bundled with each stage to raise the price. Likely an air box? Spark plugs? CAI?

OP
OP
Rick B

Rick B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost
Have you heard anything about the price or bundles?

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
M-9603-M4 is the package with the ProCal and CAI. It seems like the price was $699 or $899, although, I can't remember what the exact price was. I know it's CARB certified and supposed to be released on 09/30.

That's the date had Ford has released to the vendors and they're all gearing up to start selling on that date. I know that for a fact. Like everything in life, I guess it's subject to change, but there's a lot of smoke this time for there not to be some fire.

Mid_life_crisis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost premium
When they've done this before, it changed your powertrain warranty to 36000/36, so be warned if you care about your warranty.

Sponsored

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
When they've done this before, it changed your powertrain warranty to 36000/36, so be warned if you care about your warranty.
I thought this has been discussed before, doesn't the warranty transfer over to ford racing or something like that?

Terry :confused:

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2016 Mustang GT PP 6-MT
I thought this has been discussed before, doesn't the warranty transfer over to ford racing or something like that?

Terry :confused:
It does, but at a reduced mileage. There's a lot of 2015's on this forum where that would be useless right off the bat because they are already past 36k. I've got 5500 on my 16 and I've had it 2 months (picked up June 26th from Sterling Virginia)...at this rate I'd be at 33000 miles over a 12 month period lol.

However, that does not mean it's not a good option, but the warranty has limited value which mostly applies to late 2015's or 2016's that have lower mileage. The other value is in the safety of their PCM software, like LMS, they have an impeccable track record (interestingly enough FR and LMS have worked together on joint R&D projects...) and that is why they were one of my top picks in the TST Optimization thread.

The real question ever remains, when will it blend...?

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I'll probably get this tune to start out with, my car only has 2600 miles on it right now. I doubt I will still have it by the time it hits 36,000 anyways, my fun cars don't hang around for long.

Mid_life_crisis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost premium
Ford Performance

Rich, the Power Upgrade Pack for the 2.3L EcoBoost Mustang is scheduled to be ready for sale at the end of the month. The HP and Torque gains will be worth the wait. The Ford Performance calibration is CARB compliant - meeting these emission standards does take a bit longer to achieve. Thank you for your patience.

Yea, we'll see....:shrug:
Have they leaked any expected power numbers?
Ford Racing's website doesn't even have a "coming soon!" blurb.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
The Ford Performance website has the CAI (only) up, but doesn't appear to have the ProCal page up yet. I'd say they won't release the final numbers until the release date.

If you Google the kits part number, you'll find that Lethal already has their kit page up with pricing listed at $858 and no other information.

It's only a couple of more weeks though, so it's not a long wait to see if the FP tune is going to be worth everyone's interest.

Sponsored

mbeale68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, base, perf pack, recaros, 5spd, guard

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
You may be right because the 2.3 engine bay pic even shows the FP CAI installed, which is part of the Power Pack.

FalconRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang EB
M-9603-M4 is now listed on the ford performance page for $699. With a grain of salt as not all the blanks are filled in and CARB says "no" at the moment.

blitzzfury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost, PP.
M-9603-M4 is now listed on the ford performance page for $699. With a grain of salt as not all the blanks are filled in and CARB says "no" at the moment.
Can't see it?

edit; searched by part number. Fully blank! Will be interesting to see what the outputs going to be.