Sponsored

Latest Sync 3 Map Update

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2017, Ford Fiesta ST200.
you have to powercycle for the update to complete that is normal
During the update cycle on Saturday it came up with a failure message. I used the car again in Sunday and inserted the stick and again it told me if had failed. So today I tried again and it it told if had completed.

As I said... Weird. :shock:
Sponsored

OP
OP
inky5.0

inky5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 5.0GT Fastback
This update gets weirder. It failed at the weekend so I carved out some time to go for a drive today to do it.

Got the in the car, fired her up and inserted the USB stick. I then I got a message on screen to say the update was completed. I checked the about screen and maps are now F8.

Weird.
Will double check mine at the weekend...

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
Good Afternoon,

We are sorry to hear of your concerns and the issues encountered; however, we appreciate you taking the time to contact us direct with your comments, and apologise for the delayed response.

We are aware of issues experienced with the update facility, and our Technical team are working to resolve these concerns as quickly as able; to ensure the facility is functioning correctly, and the relevant tools are available as necessary.

We are expecting the next update to be released shortly, to provide both update for our vehicles and to address concerns that have been raised; therefore, we would recommend awaiting the latest update before reattempting. Alternatively, you are welcome to contact your local Ford Dealership for assistance with completing the update on your behalf, if you would prefer but this may incur a charge for labour.

Unfortunately, we do not have a confirmed date of release; but we would recommend you liaise with your local Ford Dealership for development, as they will be updated first as soon as the latest update is made available.

We do apologise for the inconvenience experienced, but appreciate you taking the time to bring this information to our attention; should you require assistance with another matter in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us direct on either 0203 564 4444 or [email protected].

OP
OP
inky5.0

inky5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 5.0GT Fastback
Have checked mine today - and it is now F8. I am happy!

Sponsored

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
Today mine is now showing a Sync update of about 3gb before it will allow a map download so hopefully theyā€™ve sorted out the problem with the map download for MY19. Iā€™ll try the sync download when I get back from Benidorm on Tuesday but it is going to a dealer week Monday if I canā€™t get it updated

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Found this helpful video on YouTube with specific reference to Mac users. He says not use Safari to download the update and als to use Unarchiver (actually called ā€˜The Unarchiverā€™ on Appleā€™s App Store) to unzip the file. Iā€™ve tried that now, but get the same errors. If you read through the comments under the video, it seems some other Mac users have had success with this method, so Iā€™ve no idea what Iā€™m doing wrong. But in case it works for anyone else, hereā€™s the vid...

Managed to update my sync 3.2 to 3.3 today yay! Had to download via Firefox and open with the uninstaller. Got my confirmation code on the stick too which Iā€™ve uploaded but I donā€™t think it has been recognised as yet and itā€™s not showing map F8 to be downloaded yet. Iā€™ll try again tomorrow

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I think the issue Iā€™m having is that Iā€™m updating from Sync 2.2

Perhaps thatā€™s a different file from yours? And it appears to be cutting whatever method I use. Will try again today. Where did you download the zip file to? Downloads, Desktop, direct to flash drive?

Thanks

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think the issue Iā€™m having is that Iā€™m updating from Sync 2.2

Perhaps thatā€™s a different file from yours? And it appears to be cutting whatever method I use. Will try again today. Where did you download the zip file to? Downloads, Desktop, direct to flash drive?

Thanks
Yep Iā€™ve updated from 3.2 to 3.3 but it still hasnā€™t recognised the completed file I uploaded so is still showing a sync update and wonā€™t show the F8 map until the update is completed. DOH. I downloaded Firefox for Mac and The Uninstaller. Accessed the download through Firefox and saved the zip file to Desktop, then opened it with the uninstaller and this time it had the Syncmyride file with the tars in it. Downloading from safari didnā€™t have the file and the car didnā€™t like it when I created my own folder. Put the disc in the car but it didnā€™t say anything at first but as I was driving it said updating, then finished and to remove. It updated after I turned off the car and locked it plus it created a completed file on the disc which I uploaded a number of times to Ford but still not recognised. If I canā€™t access the map by Monda, itā€™s going to a dealer

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I followed that exact method (Firefox) but still encountering the same problems. First alarm bells ring when the ford website says the file to download is approximately 2.8GB, but the actual file when downloaded is only 1.3GB. I think Iā€™m starting with a different file (as Iā€™m upgrading from software version 2.2, so perhaps ford have cocked that file up?

Sponsored

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
:headbang::headbang:Mine is still showing a 2.9gb sync download, hasnā€™t recognised Iā€™ve updated it ( unless thereā€™s another change from 3.3 to 3.4 ) and no F8 map to download until itā€™s recognised sync has updated it, itā€™s shite :curse:

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So after a week of uploading the sync 3.3 completion without it being recognized, I went to Fordthorne Cardiff today and they stuck the GT on their laptop and uploaded everything about the car to Ford. That did the trick and it is now showing sync updated but there is no F8 Map to download as yet.

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I just want an effing zip file I can download and extract. Why is this so difficult?!