Ford official Sync 3 EU map update released

PeterE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550 GT; 2022 Z4 M40i; 1978 Stag
A new version of the Sync 3 maps is now available: https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/update#/, its a big (20GB+) Zip file so takes a while to download. The installation guide is here: https://www.ford.co.uk/content/dam/...support/docs/SYNC_3_USB_MAPS-Update-Guide.pdf

I downloaded and unzipped the files to an exFAT formatted 32GB SanDisk Cruzer USB stick and attempted to run the update from the front USB port having removed my music USB stick from the rear one, power on and engine running as per instructions.

Unfortunately after waiting over 40 mins for something to happen and despite trying a different make of USB stick and alternative NTFS format, it fails to install every time and I am now left with an "Installation failed Error code: LST_ERR05" whenever I power-up the car, this implies that the power was interrupted during the first attempt (it wasn't). Maps (old version - still EU 4 15) and rest of Sync functions are still OK fortunately :whew:.

I have examined the files structure in detail and all seems OK, even tried downloading and extracting another copy; the update looks to be in two parts - a Sync update to 3.0.13 followed by the maps update. I have used the Cruzer USB stick to update Sync 3 before without problems so know it works OK.

After the error message pops up it then asks me if I want to install the update, answering 'yes' then leads to nothing with no indicator LED activity on the USB stick no matter how long I leave the car powered-up.

Has anyone else tried/succeeded/failed with this?

Thanks!
Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Surely easier to use Waze/Google Maps on Andriod Auto or Apple Car Play??
Plus most carriers now don't charge for roaming