Forthcoming Sync 3 update

Myweepony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
I just did mine the other day. It took 10 mins or so to start. About 30 mins once started. No messages though until it had finished.

Uploaded the xml file but it still said there was a download available. Checked today and saw it was Ver 2.3 17109.

I downloaded the file again, took forever both times, slightly different SyncMy Ride folder this time.

Barely took a couple of minutes to recognise the drive this time. About 30 mins to finish. No reboots. No messages other than finished.

This time Ver 3.0 18025. Slightly different version than above.

Uploaded xml file. It still says update available but its size is 0Mb.

Edit to say: Another zip file can be downloaded. It contains a file called autoinstall.lst at 1kb. Is this something I should try to install or just leave it?
Sponsored

Last edited:

TimG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT manual
If Ford include map updates for free with Sync3, what chance of free or a nominal charge for Sync2 maps on SD card? Do sync 3 card still have an SD slot under armrest?

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
If Ford include map updates for free with Sync3, what chance of free or a nominal charge for Sync2 maps on SD card? Do sync 3 card still have an SD slot under armrest?
no sync 3 don't have an SD slot. as far as I've read, there are no nav updates on sync 3 yet and I can't find anything official looking that states they even will. What i do know is that the maps are stored on the APIM and not contained in the update file.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
If Ford include map updates for free with Sync3, what chance of free or a nominal charge for Sync2 maps on SD card?
No chance, although a lot cheaper than Merc, Audi etc. £50 on eBay is your best bet.

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
not a whole lot as far as I can tell :) probably just bug fixes

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
just updated mine. followed the pdf posted by [MENTION=26630]PeterE[/MENTION] and worked exactly as described, took about 20 minutes in total.

It says the USB has to be formated to exFAT, that's not always standard on USB drives so maybe people are skipping that step?

TimG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT manual
No chance, although a lot cheaper than Merc, Audi etc. £50 on eBay is your best bet.
Since Merc, Audi/VW & BMW collectively own Here maps the cost to them must be minimal. Like Apple cost of supply matters little they just charge what they think folk will pay. Might get F7 update when it comes out. My maps were a year old on car delivery.

OP
OP
PeterE

PeterE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550 GT; 2022 Z4 M40i; 1978 Stag
Done, no drama, took about 20 mins - 5 mins of led flashing on the USB stick then 15 mins of "Updating software", power off then back on and 'About' screen as below.

I used a fairly tired 8GB USB stick freshly formatted to exFAT; removed my music USB stick from inside the centre glove box; powered up the car, did not start the engine but made sure door shut, one window open in quite hot sunlight (really!), lights, sound and climate off monitoring battery voltage throughout (11.6v).

I think most of the changes are around phone connectivity although the CarPlay Waze connectivity update isn't out yet - which means another update in a while :doh:
About Sync3 3.0 .jpeg

Sponsored

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Done, no drama, took about 20 mins - 5 mins of led flashing on the USB stick then 15 mins of "Updating software", power off then back on and 'About' screen as below.

I used a fairly tired 8GB USB stick freshly formatted to exFAT; removed my music USB stick from inside the centre glove box; powered up the car, did not start the engine but made sure door shut, one window open in quite hot sunlight (really!), lights, sound and climate off monitoring battery voltage throughout (11.6v).

I think most of the changes are around phone connectivity although the CarPlay Waze connectivity update isn't out yet - which means another update in a while :doh:
My EU maps version says 4 14 on my non-upgraded system built Nov 16.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
i upgraded mine last night only thing I can see has changed is the button for whichever screen you're in is now a light blue colour when you're in night mode :)

downthepub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miles
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, VW California
Has the Spotify integration improved? On mine it was a bit shonky with the option under Sources coming and going, apparently at random.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
don't know i don't have spotify and don't have a spare data cable for my phone in the car (usb c) youtube works fine via bluetooth audio though so I can still play my playlists which is all I really care about anyway.

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
i upgraded mine last night only thing I can see has changed is the button for whichever screen you're in is now a light blue colour when you're in night mode :)
What maps version do you have? I don't generally play music and use apps but the sat nav is lacking in a few places I go regularly
Sponsored