2019 GT350
Same issue here on a 2019
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
My 2019 Bullitt works fine from the passenger side. Tried it the other day; no issues. Those with issues should try changing the battery, like I suggested previously. Most of these cars spent months at dealers, and those fobs eat batteries, so not a bad idea to replace them early :).

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
As in the battery in the key fob?

Hmm, if so, not a bad idea. Albeit, one would think the fob would simply not work on the drivers side either...

My 2019 Bullitt works fine from the passenger side. Tried it the other day; no issues. Those with issues should try changing the battery, like I suggested previously. Most of these cars spent months at dealers, and those fobs eat batteries, so not a bad idea to replace them early :).

Green Pepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
As in the battery in the key fob?

Hmm, if so, not a bad idea. Albeit, one would think the fob would simply not work on the drivers side either...
I was looking into replacing the batteries in my two key fobs when I stumbled across this discussion. Thanks all for the OP and the great troubleshooting ides! I so happen to find a helpful how to vid on YT. The subject line is

Mustang key fob battery replacement 2018-2020

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Yep; it's a cheap battery (CR2450). I bought several, since it's expensive to just ship one or two. Get Panasonic ones; they're reportedly the best. As voltage drops, so is range. I think the fob antenna is under the rear cup holder on the center console, so there shouldn't be a difference in range from left to right side, but you never know. Since you'll have to replace the battery soon, might as well give that a try, and see if that helps :). Let us know.

Sponsored

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I took out both key fobs and placed them on the window sill of the car resting on the glass. I tried the driver's door and it worked several times to lock and unlock the door. tried the passenger side, nothing worked. The key fob did not move. It was in the same place. I placed it on the passenger side and could not get the driver's side to work. Will need to buy a battery as you suggest and see.

On a different note, do any of you hand wash your car, do you hear the the door locking and unlocking if you have the key fob in your pocket? I wonder if I broke something while washing the car. It got to the point where I had to leave the fob in the garage to stop hearing it click lock/unlock each time I passed the soapy wash mitt/ microfiber towel.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I realized it was constantly locking and unlocking after the first couple of washes and now leave the FOB out of range when washing the car. I doubt if something broke while you were washing the car.

On a different note, do any of you hand wash your car, do you hear the the door locking and unlocking if you have the key fob in your pocket? I wonder if I broke something while washing the car. It got to the point where I had to leave the fob in the garage to stop hearing it click lock/unlock each time I passed the soapy wash mitt/ microfiber towel.

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
My car behaved this way for a while. I installed a dash cam with a power box that would keep the cam running till voltage fell to 11.5v. That’s when it started. When I switched the box to cut off the cam at 12v, then problem went away. I think that there may be an intermediate power saving level before the deep sleep mode. I’d recommend looking at the battery voltage when it happens vs when it works.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The better way to deal with that carwash lock behavior is to deactivate the door handle sensors in settings (forgot what Ford calls it). But if you forget to do that before shutting engine off, then I put the fob in my rag bag to avoid that crap.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
The better way to deal with that carwash lock behavior is to deactivate the door handle sensors in settings (forgot what Ford calls it). But if you forget to do that before shutting engine off, then I put the fob in my rag bag to avoid that crap.
where is that?

Sponsored

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
Hello, I have a 2018 GT 10 Speed, and yesterday I noticed my key-less entry is not working on the passenger side door. The crazy thing is I can get it to work probably 1 time a day, I tried again today, but it doesn't recognize either of my key fobs. My driver door and trunk opens with no problem using key-less entry. Do anyone have an idea of what is going on here?
Out of curiosity do you have a dash cam hard wired into the car or does anyone else with the issue have one?

I had this issue with my dash cam hard wired in my 18 and 19. Even tried different fuse locations but the car would always stop unlocking on the passenger side with the dash cam installed. Once I took it out and went with the cigarette lighter it worked perfectly again.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
no dash cam.
The car is basically stock '19 GT Premium PP2.

I have a GPS tracking device in the car. Occasionally, it would report low battery (not driving it much) so I would need to charge it. I will go out and put the car on charge and see, once it is fully charged, if the passenger side starts working. I wonder as someone above suggested it could be battery related and maybe it is smart enough to know when the car battery is weakened to not use all the sensors and what not to reduce current draw. Besides, can't hurt to charge up the battery.

I also ordered a set of key fob batteries to see if that solves it.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Rod27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT
Out of curiosity do you have a dash cam hard wired into the car or does anyone else with the issue have one?

I had this issue with my dash cam hard wired in my 18 and 19. Even tried different fuse locations but the car would always stop unlocking on the passenger side with the dash cam installed. Once I took it out and went with the cigarette lighter it worked perfectly again.
Yes, I have a dash cam that was hardwired back in April this year.

Tedduc996

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350, 2016 WRX
Based on my experience I believe this is some type of battery saver or sleep mode the car goes into after a period of non use. At first I thought, great, my brand new car has a problem. After 11 months of ownership, mine consistently does this. I have 2 cars, and drive them 3 or 4 days in a row then use the other one. After 4 days of sitting, the passenger side keyless will not work, drivers side always works. Drive every day, passenger side works every time. I always throw my briefcase in the passenger side, so I always try to open it first.

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
Yes, I have a dash cam that was hardwired back in April this year.
You can try doing what I did and disconnect it. That brought my 19 passenger side door back to life. I no longer have the dash cam hard wired.

On my 18 the hard wiring ruined my BCM according to Ford. They replaced it as a one time thing but told me to remove the hard wiring.
Sponsored