Keyless entry not working on passenger side

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Here it is, I was right. Your issue might be a proximity sensor issue.
Screenshot_20200615-103221_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
Sponsored

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Now I'm going to check my car. Ha ha. I checked 'honk' and 'lights' when locking, and only lights work. I have to click twice the lock button for the horn to sound, but thought all Fords did that automatically. Similarly, the dash has a check box for DRLs on, and it was reported if you uncheck it, they stay on. Lo and behold, that's exactly the same on my car. Oh well, at least I like them on, so no issue for me :D.
Most mustangs don't have DRLs. Those gill LEDs are accent lighting; a different animal.

bdm219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 401A, AE, B&O
I think I've figured mine out based on what some have said here. Mine's a toy, so it may sit 1-2 weeks w/o being driven. Deep sleep is supposed to occur after 2 weeks on a fully charged battery which is about when mine pings me that it's entered deep sleep. On the weekends, I go for long drives and I've been going on a lot of cruises lately. I'm pretty sure that when I've driven the car all day, the passenger side starts to work.

It's been working all weekend and today. I'll be driving the car to work all week since we're having great weather. I'll monitor it the next time the car sits and see if it stops working. It may be a battery level thing, if that's the case, it doesn't make any sense why they would design it that way..less than zero sense actually. However, it seems it might be related, at least to mine.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I think my Bullitt has that option, which makes no sense on a coupe... but it has other convertible options, like the 'enhanced security package', so I guess Ford just left the Bullitt like a convertible. Ha ha.

The option not to be able to use the external sensors is 'remote access', I think. It's great when washing the car, so the stupid thing is not locking and unlocking incessantly. But it blocks both doors, not just the right. That's why I thought it could be the remote being low in power. Or maybe a problem with the antenna on that side. If it happens with a brand new battery, then that wasn't the issue. Give it a try; batteries are cheap. Good luck.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Those gill LEDs are accent lighting; a different animal.
Well, it's just semantics; those things are exactly the same thing as DRLs, whatever you want to call them :D. My car has the option to check and uncheck DRLs, and those are the only damn such lights in the front, so they should turn on and off, but they don't.

Sponsored

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I think this option is for when you leave the windows down and you lock the car people cant unlock your door with the switch. I will search the owner's manual.
Yeah, this is NOT the fix. you may be right. I still had the issue and fixed my post.

OP
OP

Rod27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT
Well after fixing itself, and working for a few weeks, its not working again? It probably is a proximity sensor issue going on

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
but how does the driver's side work but the passenger side not? Does it matter which antenna sees the key fob? I doubt they are that sophisticated to operate only one side and not the other. I stood near the driver's door while my daughter could not unlock the passenger side.

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Mine seems to be intermittent, too.
Albeit, I do wonder if it is related to the car going to deep sleep from time to time (not driving it as much, since Covid19 came along).

but how does the driver's side work but the passenger side not? Does it matter which antenna sees the key fob? I doubt they are that sophisticated to operate only one side and not the other. I stood near the driver's door while my daughter could not unlock the passenger side.

OP
OP

Rod27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT
Mine seems to be intermittent, too.
Albeit, I do wonder if it is related to the car going to deep sleep from time to time (not driving it as much, since Covid19 came along).
To be honest I don't know what's going on. Like, I drive my car at least 5 times a week for extended periods of time. Sometimes it work and sometimes it don't.

Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
With the key fob in your pocket, the door should lock & unlock by just touching your finger on the "ribbed" portion of the top of the door handle. That's how I lock the car after I get out. I never use the fob. When traveling on long trips, I usually have the fob on a lanyard around my neck tucked in my shirt to make sure I don't lose it.

OP
OP

Rod27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT
Yes, I usually do that and it doesn't. I literally just now walked t minutes be passenger side and was able to open the door but when I tried to look it the same way it didnt work

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I drove mine all day long and it never allowed my daughter 89-Looking over the manual, they did indicate that metal and RF devices (cell phones) could interfere so I pulled the fob off my key ring and left the phone in the house and it still did not work. I ran the car and still it did not.

Neither the lock nor unlock of the handle worked on the passenger side.

It is funny. Had I never read this site, I would have never bothered to check. No one ever really uses the passenger door!

OP
OP

Rod27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT
Like I found out because alot of the time I am just either trying to get something out of the car or put something in and the passenger door is closer. I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up before.
Sponsored