Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
… aaaaaand they can’t do it. 3rd shop I tried, time to give up. They’ll look good enough without the logo.
Have you looked into getting a patch sewn on? I’m curious why none of the shops can do it. I had the Cobra embroidered on both my Katzkin seats.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Have you looked into getting a patch sewn on? I’m curious why none of the shops can do it. I had the Cobra embroidered on both my Katzkin seats.
Yeah your success was the reason I started contacting embroidery shops. They have all said their machines could not reach that far in. I may try an auto upholstery shop and see what they say, although one of the places I already tried was one.

StrongFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, MT, Deep Impact Blue, 401A
Yeah your success was the reason I started contacting embroidery shops. They have all said their machines could not reach that far in. I may try an auto upholstery shop and see what they say, although one of the places I already tried was one.
Maybe on the head rest instead?

Regardless I think they look even nicer than the original rendering.

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)

Great idea! Will check that out.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
that’s odd since the leather isn’t that thick. If they can embroider a ball cap they can do the seats. The headrest leather is the same thickness as the seat back. However, if you mean there’s too much material to get past that might make sense if the base seat replacements don’t have the zippers up the back like the Recaros do.

Sponsored

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
I think the challenge would be the amount of material that has to bunch up in the throat of the machine when you try to stretch the cover over the hoop.

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
that’s odd since the leather isn’t that thick. If they can embroider a ball cap they can do the seats. The headrest leather is the same thickness as the seat back. However, if you mean there’s too much material to get past that might make sense if the base seat replacements don’t have the zippers up the back like the Recaros do.
That's exactly it. The covers are like a big sock. They said they would need the sides of the covers to be unstitched to be able to get them onto the machines.

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Great idea! Will check that out.
SUCCESS! Looked online and found a new upholsterer that got great Google reviews but no website or email so I didn't call them the first time. Three 80+ year old guys in a shop packed with crap, just sitting around BS-ing. The owner says he's been doing this for 68 YEARS! I gave him a printout of the emblem, looks like it's going to be actual embroidery rather than a patch sewn on. Not a computer or cell phone in sight, he handed me a little manila tag with a string on it and said write your name and number on it, I left him the two headrest covers and one of the red door panel covers to match the thread color. So a little leery of how accurate the sewing will match the actual fender emblem but he'll probably charge about $20. Worst case if it sucks I can order a replacement pair of covers for $75.

Last edited:

StrongFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, MT, Deep Impact Blue, 401A
SUCCESS! Looked online and found a new upholsterer that got great Google reviews but no website or email so I didn't call them the first time. Three 80+ year old guys in a shop packed with crap, just sitting around BS-ing. The owner says he's been doing this for 68 YEARS! I gave them the two headrest covers and a printout of the emblem, looks like it's going to be actual embroidery rather than a patch sewn on. Not a computer or cell phone in sight, he handed me a little manila tag with a string on it and said write your name and number on it, I left him the two headrest covers and one of the red door panel covers to match the thread color. So a little leery of how accurate the sewing will match the actual fender emblem but he'll probably charge about $20. Worst case if it sucks I can order a replacement pair of covers for $75.
Sounds like it'll be awesome!

cheeser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1, 4Runners and RAV4's
SUCCESS! Looked online and found a new upholsterer that got great Google reviews but no website or email so I didn't call them the first time. Three 80+ year old guys in a shop packed with crap, just sitting around BS-ing. The owner says he's been doing this for 68 YEARS! I gave them the two headrest covers and a printout of the emblem, looks like it's going to be actual embroidery rather than a patch sewn on. Not a computer or cell phone in sight, he handed me a little manila tag with a string on it and said write your name and number on it, I left him the two headrest covers and one of the red door panel covers to match the thread color. So a little leery of how accurate the sewing will match the actual fender emblem but he'll probably charge about $20. Worst case if it sucks I can order a replacement pair of covers for $75.
Hmmm. I'm now wondering whether it would be worthwhile to just obtain new head rest covers, and having them embroidered by your guys :cool: Would add a nice little touch.

I don't have a problem with my leather seating for now.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Old guys rule!!!

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
18 Dodge Charger scat pack
I had Katzkin covers installed on my GT500 Recaro seats. Had a local vendor do the work. The online configurator leaves a lot to be desired. If you work with a vendor they can give you way more options as far as stitching designs and panel colors.
18664E40-9927-418D-8A9A-8DE17FAC863F.jpeg
That look awesome

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Looks nice, agreed. I went with an upholsterer that offered Katskins and he offered way more options than the Katzkins site.

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
Where do you guys live?
I’m hoping my mischievous purple Mach HP with Recaros gets built. Going to do an orange/purple theme and want to custom cover the stock seats.
Apologies in advance if already discussed but I’d like to add heated and cooled functions during the reupholstering project.
Does information exist from a completed functional project?
-J
Sponsored