Katzkins in a Mach?

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Debating a set of red Katzkin seat covers for the Mach to replace the factory black with gray stripe. Something similar to the factory GT showstopper red interior. Thinking they would look sharp with the silver car and black/red graphics but not sure if it would look too tacky or over the top. Thoughts?
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
use the online designer to try what-if.
personally I would use at least 2 colors - eg. coffee and red, not all monochrome. those single color red seats make me gag. but I'd still drive your car around Pitt Race if you offered. :)

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
use the online designer to try what-if.
personally I would use at least 2 colors - eg. coffee and red, not all monochrome. those single color red seats make me gag. but I'd still drive your car around Pitt Race if you offered. :)
Took it to a show yesterday and the president of our regional Mustang Club of America came over and asked if I’ve tracked it yet. Had to put my tail between my legs and say no….

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
Im more curious and waiting for somebody to pull the trigger on the Recaro Katzkin option. I am scared )= but they did update the viewer so you can see what the seat will look like versus a generic which is nice.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Thinking one of these…

1656351438709.png

1656352067238.png

Last edited:

Redmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I did black in black with perf inserts in my Mach 1. Real nice quality, better than oem in my opinion.

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Deep breath… order placed. Not sure if I’m doing the right thing or not but it’s done. Sent the salesman pics of the interior and the hood graphics to help pick the color shades, there are a lot to choose from on the Katzkin website. In case anyones interested the colors are black with red (I had originally picked dark graphite with salsa but he talked me out of those). Combo style with perforated seating surfaces and silver stitching (also his recommendation to blend better with the existing center console stitching). Also you have to specifically tell them you have cooled seats, the regular heated seat foam backing doesn't work with the cooled seats. So I guess in a month or so I’ll be posting a set of Mach 1 seat covers in the classifieds!

1656373822478.png

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Deep breath… order placed. Not sure if I’m doing the right thing or not but it’s done. Sent the salesman pics of the interior and the hood graphics to help pick the color shades, there are a lot to choose from on the Katzkin website. In case anyones interested the colors are black with red (I had originally picked dark graphite with salsa but he talked me out of those). Combo style with perforated seating surfaces and silver stitching (also his recommendation to blend better with the existing center console stitching). Also you have to specifically tell them you have cooled seats, the regular heated seat foam backing doesn't work with the cooled seats. So I guess in a month or so I’ll be posting a set of Mach 1 seat covers in the classifieds!

1656373822478.png
That is going to look awesome. Congrats.........

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red

1656373822478.png
I did some work for a while at a shop that installed these. They are very high quality. They are not a good DIY project but with a good installation you would be hard pressed to be disappointed.

StrongFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, MT, Deep Impact Blue, 401A
Are you having them installed, or DIY? Following as I'm interested to see the outcome. Thanks.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK

1656373822478.png
I look forward to seeing them. Let me know on the stock covers when you sell them.

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Are you having them installed, or DIY? Following as I'm interested to see the outcome. Thanks.
DIY, did it in my 2018 and it wasn’t that bad at all. There are a couple tricks but no “special” tools needed. I’ll post tips after installing them.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Did you order direct from katzkin? I was under the impression they would only go through an installer. How’s the cost if you DIY?
Sponsored