Sponsored

Juggernaut outed

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
The question is, was person A aware that he was just updating her Lund calibration with the necessary changes to run E85 and a return fuel system, or did he portray the new calibration as his own.
Sponsored

stungjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
The question is, was person A aware that he was just updating her Lund calibration with the necessary changes to run E85 and a return fuel system, or did he portray the new calibration as his own.
I got no skin in this game but from his explanation on his FB page it seemed like it was more of a favor so "A" could get going.

You can look up Matt's FB page and read his explanation. I have never had any dealings with either party.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I got no skin in this game but from his explanation on his FB page it seemed like it was more of a favor so "A" could get going.

You can look up Matt's FB page and read his explanation. I have never had any dealings with either party.
That's what I got out of the conversation posted. This is why I was wondering if I was missing something or context. I have no issues with Lund either. I was tuned by them previously. Worked with Dakota, Brandon, & Alex when he joined & all my questions would be answered promptly & tunes were always on point. In one single day we got my whole Whipple tune worked out from start up to full wot & that was with Alex. I just find him annoying as a YouTube personality, but at work he was just as professional & helpful as any other. Only reason I didn't go with Lund was the hike in price.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Here I always thought tuning meant going into the existing code in a car's ECU and modifying it to function in a slightly different way.

I guess you learn something every day.

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Do you guys think Lund actually started from scratch or started from what Ford provided in the car? ( even if swapping strategies, Lund never had a blank ecu bin...)

Who owns that file given they all started at Ford?
EXACTLY. Lund is a complete ass. Stealing from Ford then crying over someone stealing is "settings" from the ford file. What a joke. The tuning business is shiesty anyway.

Sponsored

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I remember the first time I was directed to one of his videos...I lasted about a minute. He may be a nice guy to have a beer with or something but not when I'm stone cold sober...haha
That was my limit as well, one minute. For all I know the guy has a heart of gold & a really good guy. But just not the type I'd hang around with or video I'd sit there & watch of.

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Random advice from someone you dont know (me), if your tuner wont send you your tune file then you should move along. They dont own the Ford calibration or the settings within it that they change. You are buying the rights to their changes in YOUR TUNE FILE from the car you purchased from Ford. This is your tune file, not theirs. They dont send you a scratch tune that they made, they update your file that you have to read out and send to them.

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Random advice from someone you dont know (me), if your tuner wont send you your tune file then you should move along. They dont own the Ford calibration or the settings within it that they change. You are buying the rights to their changes in YOUR TUNE FILE from the car you purchased from Ford. This is your tune file, not theirs. They dont send you a scratch tune that they made, they update your file that you have to read out and send to them.
Unfortunately, that is extremely uncommon in the Ford tuning world.

Bullit69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manny
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
So, let me see if I get the gist here. Matt simply updated a tune from a competitor rather than use his complete tune ?

I been Jug Tuned, but it was with Jon …. Not Matt. Matt has been good to work w Tu for what it’s worth and Juggernaut has always provided awesome support.

Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Here I always thought tuning meant going into the existing code in a car's ECU and modifying it to function in a slightly different way.

I guess you learn something every day.
Lol. It matters if you do the work or someone else does it and you pass it off as your own...

Learn that part.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Lol. It matters if you do the work or someone else does it and you pass it off as your own...

Learn that part.
Are you saying some people start from scratch? My belief was they modified existing info rather than starting over.

When you buy a tune, they never call it a Ford tune even though Ford probably did 99% of the work.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
That’s the funniest thing about it all. Alex is on there complaining that someone took their tune, modified it, and the reinstalled it.

Not “he’s selling our tune as his own”, or “he’s copying our work” 🤣. I’m sorry but didn’t they copy Ford Engineer’s work when the started modifying tables?

Alex as a vlogger is an asshat. He enjoys pounding his chest and berating people because he has a platform to do so. This doesn’t make him look better, it makes him look like a 🤡
Sponsored