Sponsored

January 2018 Sales

Snagged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Cobra, '17 Corrolla
It is not all Doom and Gloom if the Camaro dies. GM can only thank itself for that. There is competition everywhere and I agree competition breeds innovation as long as the playing field is the same, Just because the Camaro Is its US rival doesn't mean Ford will stop innovating. I remember Gt500's rolling around when no Camaro was alive.
That is very true and I totally agree. In fact, there is also the Challenger out there too (although those could be considered in a slightly different league given their characteristics). But when the Camaro was out of production there wasn't exactly huge leaps in performance like there is now.
Sponsored

BoostedCanadianPoney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Antoine
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard EB PP base
Proud of the S550. That's it. that's all.

GT-SV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
Yes, Mustang sales go way beyond just pony car demand.

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
I think mustang sales are better because women like sitting on things on waterbeds.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
Livability and looks of a car actually matter? Not just tenths in the quarter mile and track times? Shocking...

Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Must suck to get beat out on a monthly basis by a "boat". Challenger sales have been impressive for a car thats relatively unchanged since 2015 and riding on the same platform since 08. Chevy is going to have to pull some lightning out of a bottle if they want to keep going past the 6th gen(its about time for the Camaro's MCA) which puts a 7th gen another 2-3 years out.
Yeah, what's up with the Mopar, they haven't really done anything of note to the "Boat" other than adding huge horsepower options? Maybe it has to do with being the only non-SUV made today that has the interior room of a no longer available, Lincoln Town Car? I remember the good old days with bench seats and room for 6 or 7 in only 2 rows. We could even get 6 in our Torino that had front buckets. If Ford made a proper boat sized performance car, I'd buy it today!:headbang:

BailoutBowtie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KonaKid Chris
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
That is very true and I totally agree. In fact, there is also the Challenger out there too (although those could be considered in a slightly different league given their characteristics). But when the Camaro was out of production there wasn't exactly huge leaps in performance like there is now.
Im not so sure about that.... Do you remember the 01 CobraR 03-04 Cobras, 05-06 Ford GT gt500 etc.? these cars raised the bar back then and Chevrolet decided to play again with the 5th gen. The Camaro Needs the Mustang Far more then the other way around. :thumbsup:

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
So the paint eaters at Camaro6 *still* refuse to accept that the reason why the Camaro isn't selling well..is the Camaro.

"It's the season" "It's the times" "People aren't buying cars" "It's winter"

Is that why the "crap" Gen 5, with it's plastic interior and "bloated whale performance" has outsold it by a minimum of 30% the entire time?

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
As someone who grew up during the demise of the muscle car in the 70's-80's, I really appreciate the field of amazing cars that we have to choose from. I never thought I'd ever see the day when I would be able to buy the car I have new.

Sponsored

Snagged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Cobra, '17 Corrolla
Im not so sure about that.... Do you remember the 01 CobraR 03-04 Cobras, 05-06 Ford GT gt500 etc.? these cars raised the bar back then and Chevrolet decided to play again with the 5th gen. The Camaro Needs the Mustang Far more then the other way around. :thumbsup:
Well the Terminators I know well and those were in the works to answer the Chevy's SS Camaro of the time (2002 SS's....which are still some of my favorite Camaros to this day). Don't forget the Mach 1's too, they were produced the same time the 03/04 Cobras were made. I would call the FGT more of an answer to the Corvette than anything else, but really it was more like a one off that Ford wanted to release and didn't really have a competitor. And have to love the Cobra R's. I loved them all but the last one was indeed my favorite but those came out while the Camaro was still alive and kicking. The GT500's of the time weren't really pushing boundaries of performance for the Mustang. It was more of a continuation of the Terminators, with of course a more modern spin (more power than a Cobra but also more weight to get moving).

But think about all the great Mustangs that are out with the competition of the Camaro. There is the Boss, Boss Leguna Seca, Bullitt, much more powerful GT500 (13/14 GT500 that is; and shaping up to be a monster of a GT500 for 2019), GT350, GT350R, PP1 GT, PP2 GT... The performance of the Mustang for the years the Camaro was missing wasn't anywhere near on par to what the performance of the cars when the Camaro is/was in production. That is before the death of the Camaro and after.

Think about the Camaros too. There is the ZL1, SS, Z28 and of course base. It's a great time to be a car guy.

BailoutBowtie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KonaKid Chris
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
Well the Terminators I know well and those were in the works to answer the Chevy's SS Camaro of the time (2002 SS's....which are still some of my favorite Camaros to this day). Don't forget the Mach 1's too, they were produced the same time the 03/04 Cobras were made. I would call the FGT more of an answer to the Corvette than anything else, but really it was more like a one off that Ford wanted to release and didn't really have a competitor. And have to love the Cobra R's. I loved them all but the last one was indeed my favorite but those came out while the Camaro was still alive and kicking. The GT500's of the time weren't really pushing boundaries of performance for the Mustang. It was more of a continuation of the Terminators, with of course a more modern spin (more power than a Cobra but also more weight to get moving).

But think about all the great Mustangs that are out with the competition of the Camaro. There is the Boss, Boss Leguna Seca, Bullitt, much more powerful GT500 (13/14 GT500 that is; and shaping up to be a monster of a GT500 for 2019), GT350, GT350R, PP1 GT, PP2 GT... The performance of the Mustang for the years the Camaro was missing wasn't anywhere near on par to what the performance of the cars when the Camaro is/was in production. That is before the death of the Camaro and after.

Think about the Camaros too. There is the ZL1, SS, Z28 and of course base. It's a great time to be a car guy.
Please, Again Ford didn't stop innovating; Now ill give you that GM has accelerated that process with their "parts bins specials" lately, but that also has accelerated these cars to be far more expensive in such a short time period. At this rate with Camaro selling in such low numbers, I would be surprised if it lasted longer than 5 more years. People can say "no way" all they want but if the product isn't selling, then it has missed its mark. Remember the Camaro has died before only thanks to the Mustang did GM wanna play again, so you c6 members should be thanking Ford. One last thought, Al O should be fired!! This clown hasn't realized what sales cars, his and GM's thought process of LOOKIE ME!! LOOKIE ME!!, "Ill just borrow from Caddy and Corvette to make mine faster again"... that's such a Lazy approach and the market place can see through it as it shows in the residual values on used Camaros and especially a used vette, I mean look at Chevy commercials that bashed the F150 aluminum, you can see the inferiority complex Gm has.:lol:

BailoutBowtie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KonaKid Chris
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
So the paint eaters at Camaro6 *still* refuse to accept that the reason why the Camaro isn't selling well..is the Camaro.

"It's the season" "It's the times" "People aren't buying cars" "It's winter"

Is that why the "crap" Gen 5, with it's plastic interior and "bloated whale performance" has outsold it by a minimum of 30% the entire time?
The paint sniffers at GM must a got a batch of Mosica Black paint that is missing on their cars. LOL
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=471604&highlight=mosiac+black&page=4

BailoutBowtie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KonaKid Chris
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
Yet from a performance standpoint is more effective than Ford making bespoke items for the Mustang.
I'm not so sure its effective, maybe for certain metrics in performance, 1 lap wonders, harsh riding vehicles isn't gonna cut it, Look at the sales of all their Performance cars, If you wanna make money build a car that people will buy not what Camaro 5 wants.:lol:
Sponsored