Sponsored

January 2018 Sales

Snagged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Cobra, '17 Corrolla
Please, Again Ford didn't stop innovating; Now ill give you that GM has accelerated that process with their "parts bins specials" lately, but that also has accelerated these cars to be far more expensive in such a short time period. At this rate with Camaro selling in such low numbers, I would be surprised if it lasted longer than 5 more years. People can say "no way" all they want but if the product isn't selling, then it has missed its mark. Remember the Camaro has died before only thanks to the Mustang did GM wanna play again, so you c6 members should be thanking Ford. One last thought, Al O should be fired!! This clown hasn't realized what sales cars, his and GM's thought process of LOOKIE ME!! LOOKIE ME!!, "Ill just borrow from Caddy and Corvette to make mine faster again"... that's such a Lazy approach and the market place can see through it as it shows in the residual values on used Camaros and especially a used vette, I mean look at Chevy commercials that bashed the F150 aluminum, you can see the inferiority complex Gm has.:lol:

Right. I agree Ford would never stop innovating if the Camaro died out. There is far too much other competition out there for them to just give up and put out the same thing year after year. I was just simply stating we see massive improvements of these cars when Camaro is in the picture. Now that Challenger has upped its game though, we might see a different trend if Camaro goes back out of production again. Although the Camaro is a much closer competitor to the Mustang than the Challenger.

I think Chevy is just trying to grab the support of the enthusiast crowd by giving them all the go fast goodies, in a straight line/turns, to build a good solid base of customers/expand their current base. Then perhaps build off of that and become more mainstream like the Mustang is. But you never know what's up their sleeve.
Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
So the paint eaters at Camaro6 *still* refuse to accept that the reason why the Camaro isn't selling well..is the Camaro.

"It's the season" "It's the times" "People aren't buying cars" "It's winter"

Is that why the "crap" Gen 5, with it's plastic interior and "bloated whale performance" has outsold it by a minimum of 30% the entire time?
The best part is the Mustang and Challenger outsold it in those same poor conditions. There really are no excuses people are just not buying the car for whatever reason.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
The best part is the Mustang and Challenger outsold it in those same poor conditions. There really are no excuses people are just not buying the car for whatever reason.
I know exactly why..it's not a good car for being a car.

My wife and I went to the Portland Auto Show and she wasn't impressed with it because of the interior space and visibility. She had to jack the seat way up to even see safely out of it to the point where her head was nearly touching the roof..and she's 5'5 so not a little half pint.

cobra1320

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Cobra
Camaro’s main problem besides poor ergonomic is the price is too high. I’m afraid the Mustang is starting to push it up too much also. There are too many nice vehicle options when you get over 35k.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Its fun to watch them. I made a post on their sales thread. With their usual silly talking points. And wouldnt ya know. Some of the nitwits still went to those same stale go to lines. Youd think they would eventually just say. Damn the car doesn't sell well.:lol:

Last edited:

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Performance is the easiest thing to fix on any car. Shitty design is just something your stuck with.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Camaro’s main problem besides poor ergonomic is the price is too high. I’m afraid the Mustang is starting to push it up too much also. There are too many nice vehicle options when you get over 35k.
True but if you want all the fancy gadgets you gotta pay for them

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Performance is the easiest thing to fix on any car. Shitty design is just something your stuck with.
This is very true. And it's not like the Mustang is terrible, the numbers the car puts up is very impressive for what you pay and get.

Mike K.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
The Mustang just has way better name recognition and looks ( subjective ) slightly better. The 1LE is no joke , even the SS is pretty stout compared to a GT that's fully optioned ! , Chevy needs to get it out there that hey this Camaro kicks ass especially performance wise ! Case in point most guys I know are 50/50 mustang Camaro , 90% of the women would choose a stang.

I love my Mustang but used to have a Camaro, this time I bought a mustang for the reasons above , last time Camaro for performance (2001)but I do often think about that 1LE, what a kick ass car !

Mustang with no Camaro is like McDonald's with no Burger King do we really want that ? Everybody loves a Whopper every now and again

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, Mustang sales go way beyond just pony car demand.
Everyone needs to watch a Faster Horse and pay attention to the Charlotte car show part then you might understand why Mustang sells. A Faster Horse is still on Netflix.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
It sells better because it looks better. Looks is always #1. Hence Mustang #1.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Guess I’ll have to wait until next month to find out why the failed platform is outselling the far superior one......

ClevelandV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully 2020 GT or HP Ecoboost
Everyone needs to watch a Faster Horse and pay attention to the Charlotte car show part then you might understand why Mustang sells. A Faster Horse is still on Netflix.
Yes, excellent documentary. Highly recommended.