2016 GT Premium PP

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
I retired that and added rails to lower the center of gravity.
I lowered thd engine to accomplish that while loosing weight with the k member.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I ordered the BMR and Steeda to compare and installed the BMR. Still have the Steeda in the shrink wrap. Gotta sell it some day.
Both options are great, but the BMR bars interfere with the Steeda IRS subframe brace. If you intend to do any bracing to the rear of the car you almost need to determine which brace you want to run (BMR or Steeda) and then choose your jacking rails based on that selection to match.

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
I did them as one of my first mods along with the G-Trac Brace, all from Steeda. Would recommend if your going to be under your car putting in your own work.

Sponsored

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F
Be careful with these, they have been known to occasionally split and fail under load after they've been used for a while. The notch with the rounded bottom instead of square is less likely to fail, not sure why that wasn't part of the design of the puck-style pads.
That’s funny you mentioned that, and I forgot I had to use the angle grinder and get rid of some material in the center.
I checked fitment prior to using, and the pinch weld was longer than the slot was deep. That didn’t sit right with me, since pressure would be put on the pinch, possibly splitting the puck in two. I removed some material so that all of the weight is off the actual pinch, and is supported only by the top/bottom flat surfaces. Now there isn’t a sharp blade of metal trying to split it in two.

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
There are millions of cars being lifted every day without jacking rails. Literally. That should tell you how "must have" these are. But doesn't hurt to install them.
And there are millions of cars with jacked up frame rails, pinch welds, undercarriages etc…

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
And there are millions of cars with jacked up frame rails, pinch welds, undercarriages etc…
Lolol. I seriously hope you're joking... Frame rails ? LOLOL Where do I buy jacking rail for my F150s frame ?

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Lolol. I seriously hope you're joking... Frame rails ? LOLOL Where do I buy jacking rail for my F150s frame ?
Not talking about f150’s though are we?

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Not talking about f150’s though are we?
They're not included in millions or what ? Beside, how do you mess up a frame rail ????

Pinch welds are designed for the cars to be lifted by. Literally any car out there outside Mustang6G members convinced by marketing they absolutely need jacking rails are lifted on pinch welds (unibody ones). I lift my car about 50 times more than average Mustang owner, not only I did not die, my pinch welds did not either ! Miracle !
Sarcasm aside - logic of absolutely needing jacking rails (they're nice in some situations) does not check out.

Sponsored

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
I've always used a puck and never had an issue with punch welds. As others have said, I want to keep the weight off.

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
F150’s are not included….you said “cars”

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
How do you mess up a frame rail?. By scrapping it, scratching it, denting it, deforming it, smashing it in etc…

SL8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT-350 # K1989
Those were the first addition to my car, along with several others afterwards.
For the owners concerned about weight, run 1/2 tank of fuel.
Just saying.... 🙄

FKE SNK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350, 93 Cobra clone
This thread is turning into the "painted brake caliper" thread...

I have full length BMR's - and I see the value in them. Lifting the car up is fine without them(I have one of the "puck" adapters), but placing jack stands feels better with the rails.

Nothing is a "must-have", it's all preference but I want to keep this car as nice as possible and that includes the bottom side.
Sponsored