Jacking Rails Improve Stiffness???

jmorris47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Having had the jacking rails on two different S550’s now (and having driven them both with and without the rails) it does feel like the rails provide a little more rigidity to the body, although I agree with the above that there’s not much body flex in the S550. I got them for the ease of jacking up the car to change tires, the added rigidity is just a plus for me
I concur. I have a set of BMR's on mine and am very happy with the ease of jacking up the car they offer. I suspect there maybe some increase in rigidity just because there is a new chunk of metal that connects the two sections of the car.
Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
It be nice if Steela made a set of rails in alum . For those that want to jack up the car but add a little weight as possible 😉

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
It be nice if Steela made a set of rails in alum . For those that want to jack up the car but add a little weight as possible 😉
Someone on here made theirs from aluminium, I picked stainless for mine :like:

WD :like:

Sponsored

v guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RP
Vehicle(s)
99 SVT
I just installed Red BMR jacking rails on my new to me, Mach 1.
Red makes a difference you know.

I did not expect any difference in road feel, but I was WRONG.

A significant increase in longitudinal stiffness was noticed for sure. Just like when putting subframe connectors on Fox bodies...big change.

I have raced enough SCCA regionals, and drag races/ built a few race cars, that I am pretty aware of feel, when any changes made.

That means that F-R stiffness, or a unifying effect upon the chassis is made thru those 8 bolts and the jack rails.

Ford knows it.
What are those bolts there for, anyway?

The minor degradation in ride, might be unsettling to normal mustang customers. Might be.

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
"Ford knows it.
What are those bolts there for, anyway? "

They are used on the line - to transport the chassis to the next stage of installation.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
"Ford knows it.
What are those bolts there for, anyway? "

They are used on the line - to transport the chassis to the next stage of installation.
Ford knows it ? So that’s why they don’t use them in the halo models that they spend $’s developing …

1696355068493.jpeg

Yeah, that’s what they are used for :like:

WD :like:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Some jacking rails definitely stiffen the chassis.

Right off the transport, my 2016 passenger door needed slightly more speed to close than the driver side. Typically, with any car, just enough force to overcome the detent would provide the speed to fully close. This door required just the slightest bit extra.

I added BMR jacking rails at some point and the passenger door immediately would close with just the force to overcome the detent. So, it definitely tweaked the chassis by some tiny amount. Don't see how it could do that without also stiffening it as a side effect.

I say some rails can stiffen the chassis because not all rails rest flush against the underside of the car like these BMRs do.

thornclaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
ive been jacking the car up on the pinch weld with a jack pad for years. so in addition to not seeing how it would stiffen the chassis, i also dont see why you need them to jack up the car
Sponsored