Issue with mach 1

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Dealer says they did a thorough electrical check. Mine was not showing any signs of arcing or burning. He did wrap the wire a bit more too where it was contacting the horizontal piece to be sure that was not it. Mine isn't contacting where most people have had the issue. He disconnected and retightened the battery connections too. It seems to have resolved it.
Cool! Hopefully that gremlin will never come back to visit you again. Please keep an eye on it and keep us posted.
Sponsored

DRAGOON

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
21 VB mach1 HP 6SP
@DarthMalice, what did the dealership say/do regarding your AE fix? You took it in for the them to look at and fix earlier this week right? Keep us posted. Sadly, this is a problem that is here to stay, until we vehicle owners make it go away.
Dealer says they did a thorough electrical check. Mine was not showing any signs of arcing or burning. He did wrap the wire a bit more too where it was contacting the horizontal piece to be sure that was not it. Mine isn't contacting where most people have had the issue. He disconnected and retightened the battery connections too. It seems to have resolved it.
Cool! Hopefully that gremlin will never come back to visit you again. Please keep an eye on it and keep us posted.
Since I was putting wheels/tires back on for the driving season today & car was on jack stands, I looked up into this area because I’ve seen this post and wanted to know if it existed on my car. So, from where the wires and plug come from actuator (right side muffler) and route around things, there is at least 1 “ of clearance around all over with no signs of interference anywhere. The plug itself is not perpendicular to the pinch weld but rather parallel to pinch weld rail. It’s a tight squeeze with the muffler attached but as much as i can see and or feel, this issue might have been addressed by the time my car was assembled.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Since I was putting wheels/tires back on for the driving season today & car was on jack stands, I looked up into this area because I’ve seen this post and wanted to know if it existed on my car. So, from where the wires and plug come from actuator (right side muffler) and route around things, there is at least 1 “ of clearance around all over with no signs of interference anywhere. The plug itself is not perpendicular to the pinch weld but rather parallel to pinch weld rail. It’s a tight squeeze with the muffler attached but as much as i can see and or feel, this issue might have been addressed by the time my car was assembled.
That’s good to hear! It sounds like you’re in the clear then. Can you post a pic of it?

DRAGOON

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
21 VB mach1 HP 6SP
That’s good to hear! It sounds like you’re in the clear then. Can you post a pic of it?
I’ll try but damn, its tight in there with the muffler attached. I’ll go out later and try to get the best possible image I can & post it up.

DRAGOON

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
21 VB mach1 HP 6SP
I’ll try but damn, its tight in there with the muffler attached. I’ll go out later and try to get the best possible image I can & post it up.
I stand corrected. The plug is perpendicular to the pinch weld rail but mine is at least 1” away.
65FA7836-C1F9-4E39-84DC-B232FDB0D50A.jpeg

252CA230-E934-4790-94FB-73FB9C37C120.jpeg

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I stand corrected. The plug is perpendicular to the pinch weld rail but mine is at least 1” away.
It definitely looks like you’re good and shouldn’t have any problems out of yours. I’ve never seen an AE car with that much clearance before. You can rest easy my friend.

DRAGOON

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
21 VB mach1 HP 6SP
It definitely looks like you’re good and shouldn’t have any problems out of yours. I’ve never seen an AE car with that much clearance before. You can rest easy my friend.
Yes, plenty of clearance. Maybe, just maybe someone seen this on the line & made a suggestion or a manufacturing engineer was alerted ?? My HP was a early August 2021 build so it’s possible Ford was on to correcting the issue by then. Thanks for the well wishes and back at ya.

Pony fever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach 1, 2013 fusion titanium
Hopefully yours is fine. What is your chasis number. And what is the chasis number of the Cars with the problem. Thanks

Pony fever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach 1, 2013 fusion titanium
I'm m4967 so hopefully mine will be fine. Still in storage so can't look at it today. Thanks for the info.

Sponsored

cheeser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1, 4Runners and RAV4's

I checked mine over the weekend because of this thread and noticed mine is similar to what you’ve noted…no chafing issues. Mine was built in December, so maybe they had a design tweak.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

65FA7836-C1F9-4E39-84DC-B232FDB0D50A.jpeg

252CA230-E934-4790-94FB-73FB9C37C120.jpeg
For those concerned about the AE harness chafing on the sharp edges of the pinch welds, or other similar areas under the chassis…. Just buy a roll of black door edge guard and place it over the pinch weld (or other areas of concern).

Similar to this product and make sure it’s the type with the adhesive inside the channel:
https://www.amazon.com/Black-Guard-Molding-Models-D-I-Y/dp/B0055TQ87A

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
I m gonna have to check mine before something happens. Will those wires be easy to find when sliding under rear? Thanks.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
Ok, I found everything after a quick check .. Tons of clearance everywhere . Looks like they corrected it in production. M5558.

2BigPups

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150
I don't have the wire chafing issue, but do have a blowing the #34 fuse when Track Mode with Normal exhaust is selected for My Mode (set up for tracks that have a 92 db noise limit). Fuse #34 is blown every time during a 20 min track session, but not while driving on the street. And never blown for street drivng in Normal, Sport, Track, or My Mode.
Sponsored