Sponsored

Issue with mach 1

cheeser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1, 4Runners and RAV4's
In my case, there was enough length left in the harness to make the repair. Others may not be so lucky, as their breaks may occur in a different spot in the wiring (say, closer to the pin). I‘m mot aware whether new pins are available, but if they are, then yes, the correct crimp tool would be necessary.
Ok. So you just went through the depinning process to have better access to the wires for rejoining via soldering, then applying heat shrink for protection, and then reinserting the pins?

Just thinking out loud, but it would be nice to have a spare connector(s) and pins. I wouldnt expect them to be that unique.
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Ok. So you just went through the depinning process to have better access to the wires for rejoining via soldering, then applying heat shrink for protection, and then reinserting the pins?
Yes

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
You want pride ? buy a Maserati. 🤣
Believe it or not, we have a 2019 Ghibli and the only thing the manufacturer/dealership is proud of is taking as much money as possible from the customer. I have yet to find true pride/perfection in any vehicle that I’ve owned. They all have their issues, whether mechanical, electrical or appearance related.

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Believe it or not, we have a 2019 Ghibli and the only thing the manufacturer/dealership is proud of is taking as much money as possible from the customer. I have yet to find true pride/perfection in any vehicle that I’ve owned. They all have their issues, whether mechanical, electrical or appearance related.
wow. :crazy:

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I mean I can list many Ford, Dodge, GM, VW, BMW, MB cars that myself, friends and family have had that also had many issues.

It's not "typical Ford" its "typical any car made by anyone."
I test drove a new $190K Porsche 911 Turbo and immediately noticed 3 things:

1) This is the fastest car I have ever driven.

2) These seats suck, hard as a rock.

3) There is a buzzing coming from the drivers door window trim that would drive me effing crazy if I paid that much to buy it!

GT450

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT mustang manual
I had the active exhaust cut out every time a little time after startup. Finally took it to the dealer and they said they reset something and now all is well. Wish i'd gone there first but i am a cynical old fart and don't trust dealerships and only use them when necessary. However there are times when only thy can truly help. Go and get the dealer to check it.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
If the dealer does take a look at it, ask them nicely, to please explain to you how they intend to fix it before they do anything. If what they tech tells you doesn’t sound acceptable, grab your ride and leave immediately. Then pull into your garage, break out your tools and get busy fixing it yourself. At least that way you’ll know it’s been done right.

Fishtales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2001 Harley, 1964 Volkswagen Beetle, 2016 Toyota Avalon
I wish my M1 would arrive so I can have the wire chafe problem..... My delivery has been bumped three times now.
I'm going to put a hard plastic wire protection cover on the wire (snaps over the harness) and call it a day.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I wish my M1 would arrive so I can have the wire chafe problem..... My delivery has been bumped three times now.
I'm going to put a hard plastic wire protection cover on the wire (snaps over the harness) and call it a day.
You’ll find that there isn’t much room to put anything over the wire. Doing so will prevent the flex needed to make the necessary bend in the harness, so that you can plug it into the actuator. The proper fix is to notch the pinch weld as indicated above. It’s a PITA to have to drop the exhaust for a simple fix, but it’s the only way to do it right. You need to create that U-channel, as shown in the pic of my sunglasses holder tray. The Dremel method will work like a charm because the orange grinding stone is round. You simply lay it horizontally on top of the pinch weld and in about 2-3 minutes, you’ll have a perfect U-channel. Debur the edges with a file and slightly round the two bottom corners, hit it with black Rustoleum paint and it will look like the car came from the factory that way.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Fastoldman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2021 Iconic Silver Mach 1, 13 Viper GTS, 22 Ram CC
First things first, since it is under warranty take the car to the Dealer, then ask the Service Writer who will be working on your car? When he tells you , ask him politely if you could chat with the Tech for a minute. Let the tech know you are a serious Gearhead and to please take care of your baby and slip him a $5 or $ 10 or ...................It is amazing how careful many Techs will be, they seldom get thanked and though you will tip a waiter/waitress 20% mechanics seldom see the customer and are very seldom thanked. Guarantee they will take a more concerned look at your car, feel more responsible and even look forward to working on your machine.

Before anyone says, " It is their job, the car is under warranty, " the same could be said about eating at a restaurant, the price is listed and the waiter/waitress already gets paid. You are asking someone to work on your 35-75K machine , so why not be pro-active? Something to think about.......

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
There should be a recall on this AE issue by now, with as many customers as there are, who have encountered this, but nooooo, leave it to the customer to fix it properly themselves.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
I have done no modifications...sorry, but this is typical Ford..I know, my 2016 had the evap core issue that had to be fixed which was a total pain in the ass. One day I will learn. I have no way to look under the car to see if I can find a melted or bent wire but it sounds like I guess I need to pull the circuit breaker until they can fix it...and then hope the ghetto #$%^ doesn't happen again.
Sad to hear that this is an issue especially on your Mach 1 but your car should still be new enough for any dealer to look at under warranty. My guess is there might be a loose connector. Definitely think this would be an example where you have the right to be upset at Ford. Its a new car and on top of that it is the highly desirable Mach 1 model. Not acceptable.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
@DarthMalice, what did the dealership say/do regarding your AE fix? You took it in for the them to look at and fix earlier this week right? Keep us posted. Sadly, this is a problem that is here to stay, until we vehicle owners make it go away.

OP
OP
DarthMalice

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
Dealer says they did a thorough electrical check. Mine was not showing any signs of arcing or burning. He did wrap the wire a bit more too where it was contacting the horizontal piece to be sure that was not it. Mine isn't contacting where most people have had the issue. He disconnected and retightened the battery connections too. It seems to have resolved it.
Sponsored