Sponsored

Is she totaled?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Peobably a $7k-$9k fix right there (depending on who does it and what parts are used). It's not enough to total the vehicle, unless there's underlying damage that will jump the estimate to 75%+ of the ACV.
Sponsored

BTDUBS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I had a similar accident in my Mini, it cost $13.5k to fix, but it came out good as new. I think you are fine. Best advice, don't post any more here and hire a lawyer and sue their insurance company for the diminished value of the car.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Bodyshops replace airbags all the time.

Airbags going off does not equal an automatic total. That misinformation needs to die hard.
I would think that is the case, I was going to ask when did an airbag become the bench mark for a total..........oh wait this is the net.......got it must be so..

Polski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marek
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 401A
Vehicle Showcase
I think this will be totaled.

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
that's aluminum fender and hood. Agree w the poster that said around $9K.

I recently got hit by a hit-and-run, the entire driver side was damaged exce[t rear fender and it cost a bit over $9K.

Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Wholesale value of a 2015 Ecoboost is about $15k, so it might be close.
I agree.

I think the OP might be able to push the adjuster one way or the other if itā€™s close to a draw.

I personally canā€™t imagine why anyone would want it back fixed. The Carfax is gonna read like a Stephen King novel, and itā€™ll have to be put in his will to make it go away. If itā€™s the OPā€™s fault and his insurance there likely wonā€™t be any leverage for diminished value.

Roy_Steeda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP, 2014 Mercedes E550
Vehicle Showcase
This is fixable.

OP
OP
Destinnaayy

Destinnaayy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Destiny
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
a parked car šŸ¤¦šŸ½ā€ā™€ļø I wasnā€™t paying attention... going 25-30mph

Sponsored

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
As long as it didn't do irreparable damage to the engine (and I doubt it did) you'll probably be ok.

JUNQDAWG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
2018 MUSTANG GT 5.0 10 SPEED
Hey everyone... just looking for some opinions still waiting to hear back from insurance. I am heartbroken... I just got this car a month and a half ago and got in a accident... do you guys think sheā€™s fixable or total loss :( Thank you for the help in advance!!
F5DFF58B-C66C-40C3-98C7-B1C3F7A59F72.jpeg
9F2B7610-D60E-42ED-95BA-078B7595E0B2.jpeg
6D015924-88B8-4F93-A360-B8802A2E111E.jpeg
6DFA407A-7D6D-4E52-9CFD-AEE094865618.jpeg
My heart bleeds "Ford Blue" for you. Seriously . I speak from 40 yrs experience as Auto salvage yard owner and body shop/rebuilder of Insurance totals. I'm certain there will be some "Know it Alls" that will disagree with my assessment and "spelling/Grammar Etc. . I had a rear bumper cover and the dual exhaust pipes which are made into the muffler for some dumbass reason so it costs over a grand just for that on my 2018GT . Total of $2300. made Ins Co put Factory cover not recon or aftermkt. like they tried . Not my fault so I was in "drivers seat" so to speak .
Got to admit without looking under hood there could be some expensive surprises hiding out . I would get the Adjuster to leave that "OPEN" in case shop finds some bad things . Did it screw up the wheel ? YES... I can see the tire is toast . Inside of wheel could be damaged though . New from Ford for 2018 over $700 . approx $300 for tire depending what your running . They won't pay for a new wheel if it was your fault. Plenty used ones on line at various reputable Salvage yards from $100 up ......$200 . New tire of course and air pressure sensor valve stem . $50-60. They will try to put LKQ body parts on you so be prepared . I'm guessing with what I can see 11K to 13K would get her back on the road . I always told my customer ."NOBODY" can make it like it was before . No matter what they tell you . Your Car looks Clean as a pin and its a damn shame . But like I told customers that bitched about cost to fix their rides . "HEY man" Look at an "Undertaker" . He wants you TO DIE " ! in order to make $$ . I don't want anybody hurt . Just bend up your car a little and I'll be fine . My son is an insurance adjuster and we have a bet on how close I am to your estimate price they give you . I would have loved to buy that car at an Insurance Salvage action and fixed it with clean used parts from another Mustang ,resell it and make 4 Grand+ profit . Sorry to say those days are gone for me . EPA regulations and Storm Water runoff BS. laws told me it was time to quit . Just a tidbit for all you folks . Back in 1999 Ford Mtr CO. had a "Wizard decide Salvage Yards were making too damn much money . So this Genius invented FORDS OWN SALVAGE INDUSTRY calling it "GREENLEAF" to jump on the "Save the Earth" bandwagon. They had all their test cars for "controlled wrecks" . the cars they ran 24hrs a day on their test tracks ,plus all the "over-runs" of parts and thousands of Pickup Beds out of Mexico with small imperfections they could not use on new Trucks . We were buying them 20 @ a time delivered for a Grand ea. and retailing for 2 Grand . They bought large operations all over USA . I only speak from Texas experience. They kept the managers ,scrapped perfect mtrs./trans/rea/ to core buyers for pennies on the dollar . To stock their merchandise . The Wizards knew ZILCH as how to run a Yard . They intended to sell to us and ship directly to our clients so as to get them as customers . I won't go into details but it lasted 5 years and WIZARD was cutting grass and FOMOCO lost MULTI-Millions . They bought 5 yards from one High Roller in TX. Ended up selling them all back to him for what "I HEARD" less than half what they paid . I know ...Long B/S story .but it will give some a reason to bit*h and some a little knowledge ..Junqdawg......

JUNQDAWG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
2018 MUSTANG GT 5.0 10 SPEED
Right You Are !!! I sold 100's of them in my auto salvage yard from the time they came out .It was a GOLDMINE . What was fun was if we had an over supply of some that were slow sellers ..we would set a junk engine block on top of one and hook up a battery to the air bag and stand back or run for cover when it went off . The engine block would go up five feet or more but we never knew which direction . RED NECK ENTERTAINMENT after "Beer-Thirty" Probably still some videos on U-tube if you need a laugh . Junqdawg
Sponsored