Results are only viewable after voting.

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
Its totaled. I am an adjuster and the above comments are correct, it doesn't need to be 100% of value to be totaled usually just 75 to 80%. Also, it will be salvage title so keeping it would not be a good investment. The airbag deployment alone is about 5k in damage because its not just the bag that gets replaced. Its the bag, clock spring, seat belts, front impact sensors, diagnostic module. Which add up quickly. Rails dont look mashed or swayed but the just the sheet metal will add up quickly. If yours is a 3 stage white that will contribute to paint cost as it will require additional blending for adjacent panels. Best way to to get an idea of actual cash value is to look at cars for sale at dealer locations with similar equipment and miles, those will be the comparables used when the valuation is completed (usually by a third party company contracted by your provider). Best to reprt the loss asap and keep things moving forward, if its financed you are actually required to do so as it the collateral on the loan, if your delay to report causes any depreciation on the car the lender can hold you accountable. Not likely to happen mind you but still best to avoid unnecessary delays.
Sponsored

OP
OP
K11yle

K11yle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang ecoboost premium convertible
Its totaled. I am an adjuster and the above comments are correct, it doesn't need to be 100% of value to be totaled usually just 75 to 80%. Also, it will be salvage title so keeping it would not be a good investment. The airbag deployment alone is about 5k in damage because its not just the bag that gets replaced. Its the bag, clock spring, seat belts, front impact sensors, diagnostic module. Which add up quickly. Rails dont look mashed or swayed but the just the sheet metal will add up quickly. If yours is a 3 stage white that will contribute to paint cost as it will require additional blending for adjacent panels. Best way to to get an idea of actual cash value is to look at cars for sale at dealer locations with similar equipment and miles, those will be the comparables used when the valuation is completed (usually by a third party company contracted by your provider). Best to reprt the loss asap and keep things moving forward, if its financed you are actually required to do so as it the collateral on the loan, if your delay to report causes any depreciation on the car the lender can hold you accountable. Not likely to happen mind you but still best to avoid unnecessary delays.
Thanks for the advice. If it is totaled i plan on getting the exact same car. I added a cat back exhaust and a decklid panel. Would you have any advice on keeping these parts for my next car?

Thanks in advance!

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
Thanks for the advice. If it is totaled i plan on getting the exact same car. I added a cat back exhaust and a decklid panel. Would you have any advice on keeping these parts for my next car?

Thanks in advance!
If you still have the factory stuff just take off your parts and leave the original with car, most insurance companies dont even require you to install it, just have it with the car. If you dont have the factory stuff your likely to take a big hit on the value if they have to depreciate for a missing exhaust( usually cost of part less tax less a percentage based on age) as your car is basically new it could be as much as 80% of the cost of missing parts they take off the value. Even if you have GAP coverage they can refuse to pay for depreciation caused from electivly removed parts. So short answer if you dont have the original parts, dont plan on keeping the a/m ones (primarily the exhaust, the trim panel probably not all that expensive so any hit is likely to be minimal)

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
"hydroplaned".....

I'd be concerned about what's going to happen with your future insurance premiums, along with the financial issue of the car.

OP
OP
K11yle

K11yle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
"hydroplaned".....

I'd be concerned about what's going to happen with your future insurance premiums, along with the financial issue of the car.
Yes hydroplaned. No need to be a dick

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Yes hydroplaned. No need to be a dick
I wasn't being a dick.

But if you'd like me to start being a dick about your crash, that can be arranged.

Shawncp4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Dman is 100% right. I’m also an insurance adjuster but luckily don’t have to deal with the headaches of a total loss. I’m essentially just an appraiser. For my company, we total at 75% for collision claims and the car is definitely totaled per insurance standards. We run a value through our estimating system after we do our “total loss conditioning” which is rating different areas of the vehicle. I always recommend to our insureds to clean the vehicle out and clean up if possible. I have seen adjusters rate interior areas as average just because it has some dirt/dust and isn’t freshly cleaned.

OP
OP
K11yle

K11yle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
Dman is 100% right. I’m also an insurance adjuster but luckily don’t have to deal with the headaches of a total loss. I’m essentially just an appraiser. For my company, we total at 75% for collision claims and the car is definitely totaled per insurance standards. We run a value through our estimating system after we do our “total loss conditioning” which is rating different areas of the vehicle. I always recommend to our insureds to clean the vehicle out and clean up if possible. I have seen adjusters rate interior areas as average just because it has some dirt/dust and isn’t freshly cleaned.
Would you happen to have some guidance on the possibility of keeping the cat back? I do not have the stock exhaust, however i do plan on getting the same car. So, im not sure if theres a possibility of swapping them out. Thanks in advance

OP
OP
K11yle

K11yle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to hear the Mustang is likely to be totaled.

Can you explain the circumstances of the hydroplaning to the accident? What tire threads remaining, how deep was water and how much rain, speed, etc? The reason for this question is that I am not impressed with OEM tires that come with Ecoboost.
This was with all season perrelli tires during a 5 out of 10 rain storm going 40 MPH. Ive caught countless close calls with hydroplanes, but with this case, I wasn't even give a millisecond to correct the wheel.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
This was with all season perrelli tires during a 5 out of 10 rain storm going 40 MPH. Ive caught countless close calls with hydroplanes, but with this case, I wasn't even give a millisecond to correct the wheel.
If actually hydroplaning, I think the tires are off the road, so steering and braking the hydroplaning tires does virtually nothing until you get to shallower water or the car slows down.

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Would you happen to have some guidance on the possibility of keeping the cat back? I do not have the stock exhaust, however i do plan on getting the same car. So, im not sure if theres a possibility of swapping them out. Thanks in advance
If you don't have the stock stuff, just write it off. Not worth the hassle for the little bit of money it will cost you for a new one.

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
I have a question what is the yellow trim all about just curious? As far as your car goes it is hurt more than you think and that is really too bad. I hope it works out for you.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Did you have stability control on? How much tread was left on your tires? Good luck with whatever resolution you prefer.

Definitely have to go slow in rain if your tread is low, and I prefer to replace tires before they get too low to help prevent this. You can usually feel when the car is getting a bit light on too much water you can feel the drag on the car and if you go faster it will start planing I think. I slow way down now in rain especially if my tires arent brand new.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
I totalled a 2012 vette couple years ago.was on the onramp to highway,which is curvy,doing maybe 40 mph.2000 miles on car.when I went thru curve,car slipped off the road,got on grass and hit a metal fence.state farm totalled it,and got a check in 2days.they gave me 40k fir a car I paid 50 for 2 years before accident.wasnt hurt,but vette basically exploded and engine was damaged as well.ive had road racing experience at road Atlanta,but once I got the grass,couldn't control it.cop was amazed I wasn't hurt,as was I.im 74 now and just sold my 14 Shelby.my reflexes aren't what they need to be for 662hp monster.like my 2019 gt premium vert,even with almost 200 hp less it's a pretty quick ride,esp with 10speed auto.
Sponsored