Introduce yourself!!

spiritrider1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
White 2020 GT Convertible
Hi! I just bought my first Mustang: a 2020 GT, 6-speed with PP1, in Velocity Blue.
I was lurking on this forum for about a week before I bought my car, looking at the threads on steering feel and alignment.

Iā€™ve wanted a ā€œgrand tourerā€ for a while, and the S550 fits my definition: Highway gears and the torque to turn them, comfortable ride, and no slouch in handling. Iā€™ve noticed them showing up when I go to an autocross or HPDE, and they seem to do well.
I got a pretty good deal on this one because it was a 2020 model, still sitting on a dealerā€™s lot several months into the 2021 model year. It had 16.5 miles on it when I started the test drive, so I donā€™t have to worry about whether a previous owner broke it in properly. And the new-car depreciation wonā€™t hit me too hard, because the dealer ate some of that. :)

My other cars are a 2008 Lancer Evolution GSR, 1992 Nissan 240SX, and (my parentsā€™ first new car) a 1980 Datsun 210 wagon with the optional 1.4L engine and 5-speed. Predictably, the width of the S550 is quite an adjustment.

About 18 months ago I rented an EcoBoost Mustang to take my girlfriend on a weekend trip to the mountains. I blatantly did so to see how I liked the S550, and to see if she was comfortable in a Mustang.
The 10-speed automatic had its virtues, and still made me want a manual transmission.

When I test-drove my 6-speed GT, one of the surprises was that the clutch pedal wasnā€™t any stiffer than the stock clutch in my Evo. It might even be lighter.

I have mixed feelings about the automatic rev-matching. I taught myself heel-and-toe downshifts on New Mexico Route 130 (when I was stationed there) and I practice it while puttering around in my Nissan and my Evo. As of now, my Mustang has the pedals placed pretty badly for me to heel-and-toe it. Yes, thereā€™s a fix for that and Iā€™ll probably do it one day, but for now Iā€™ll live with the automation.

My girlfriend and I are cat people, and when her kid bought a Mazda 3 I nicknamed it the ā€œMeowzdaā€.
A year later, my girlfriend has nicknamed my new car the ā€œMeowstangā€. =^.^= šŸ˜ŗ

I might autocross the Meowstang one day, but not while itā€™s under warranty.
I donā€™t have any real mods planned for the foreseeable future.

IMG_9133.jpg

IMG_9159.jpg

IMG_9160.jpg
Dark wheels look good with the dark blue. Are those 19 or 20"? We just got a white convertible with the black accent package. The 19" wheels are just the right fit in my opinion and save a few $$'s to replace over the 20"'ers.

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Probably should have stopped here first. Been lurking for a few days. Sold my 66 and now miss it, but I am older and enjoy the modern comforts so looking for a newer one this time around.

In Friendswood TX, grew up in the area. Daily is a F250 with a bigger turbo and some things.

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
Dark wheels look good with the dark blue. Are those 19 or 20"? We just got a white convertible with the black accent package. The 19" wheels are just the right fit in my opinion and save a few $$'s to replace over the 20"'ers.
They're the stock 19" wheels that come with "Performance Package, Level 1".

Highoctanecobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
My name is Bill, live in Overland Park Kansas and I just got a new Mustang. Been reading/lurking for awhile, thought it was time to introduce myself.
I remember when my parents got a new 1979 Mustang Pace car with the 2.3 turbo when I was probably 12 or 13 years old (never got to drive it). I fondly remember the car and attribute it for establishing my love for cars.
Over the years my family has had a quite a few Mustangs. My daughter learned to drive in a red 92 LX four cylinder and my son learned in a Calypso green 92 LX four cylinder. We had a 1985 canyon red SVO that my son and I made little faster, it was such a good looking and fun car.

My last Mustang was a black 98 Cobra. I had a Kenne Bell supercharger on it, however because this engine had the B-heads it was a pretty small, no intercooler, supercharger. Still I loved the power. I upgraded the T-45 transmission to a T-56 and put in better clutch. Really loved that transmission because it was so smooth, just went Into gear so easily and of coarse it was a 6 speed. And I had Griggs torque arm and panard bar installed. If you ever drove stock suspension SN95, you know that was a necessity. Ha ha The car was lots of fun, but then the 2003 Cobra came out and it had the better C heads and new IRS rear end. Unfortunately by then Kenne Bell was coming out with much bigger superchargers because the 03 motor could handle more.
Since I sold the Cobra, been wanting a Mustang again.

Decided I better get serious about getting a Mustang and I happen to like the current platform. Not wild about the Mustang becoming electric or AWD or not having its own platform etc. And was excited about having my first 5.0L and all the power it is now making.

I finally got a 2020 GT PP1 with Magnaride and the 10 speed. Initially I wanted the 6 speed, but with all the feedback from owners, I decided that transmission has potential to be problematic.
One thing I was hesitant about, was to get the Shadow Black color. I knew from last black car the additional care it takes to keep black looking good. Ultimately I just thought it looks better in black. However once I saw the threads that stated the front end was copied from Darth Vaderā€™s helmet, I was happy I did. Ha ha. ( I am little bit of a Star Wars nerd obviously. )

I really love the car.
I loved the SN95 but this S550 is just light years ahead.

Thanks to all of you for information/help you have provided.
Here is pic when I took possession.

1614525726502.jpeg

Sponsored

Buck550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sterling
Vehicle(s)
2021 carbonized gray Shelby GT500 CFTP
Hello all,
Iā€™m sterling. From Michigan and I have a silver S550 that I absolutely love. now I have all of the windows tinted, magnaflow exhaust, and a few other things done to it. I want to lower it but I am torn on just doing springs or shelling out the money and doing coil overs.
Anyway, I am having a great Time on this site and look forward to getting to know my fellow mustang family !
This picture is from when it was brand new on the lot (Delivery day)
53681734-1928-4CAA-B010-E7F10401B171.jpeg

Redstang20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Hello All. Nameā€™s Chuck...from Oregon. Been looking for a while and finally found a PP2 car. Last year for them...so picked it up about a month ago. Only driven it about a 150 miles. Sport Cup tires and cold rainy weather...not a good combo!goes in on Tuesday for 325 / 305 for PS4ā€™s. At least they have a bit of tread on them if I get caught in a rain storm. Not my daily driver...so if weatherā€™s bad...itā€™ll stay in the garage. Quick bath and a little cruise today...mid 50ā€™s and sunny. Not often in Oregon in February so have to take advantage!

FC6B9EAC-4013-43C8-9AED-C9BD9890A386.jpeg

0F6BAC0C-3A04-4885-978F-A79947231DDE.jpeg

MustangGrandpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
My name is Tony and I would like to introduce myself.
The MustangGrandpa handle: I have 4 children and 3 grandchildren ranging in age from five to one. Due to divorces on both sides, the oldest grandchild has 4 grandfathers. He couldn't keep the names straight, but knew I was the one with the Grabber Blue Mustang. Started calling me Mustang Grandpa and it stuck. I'm fine with it - consider myself fortunate to have a pretty good life and be a relatively young and still working grandpa. Looking forward to more grandchildren, hope to be around to watch them grow-up and hope to pass my lifelong love of cars on to them.

I grew up in Michigan and my father was in the car business. He owned a small-town Ford dealership for most of my childhood. Learning everything I could about cars was a way of being close to Dad, and my environment made that easy. Mom drove a new Ford demo switched out twice a year. Dad drove home whatever was new from the factory, or just traded in to check its reliability. Most were family cars, but sometimes they were something special. I remember Jaguars, Corvettes, Shelby's, Lincoln's, Cadillacs, etc. showing up in our driveway. I also had the run of the dealership on Sundays if I went in with Dad. Sadly for me, my Dad sold the dealership before I was old enough to drive. But the foundation was laid for my lifelong interest in all things automotive and especially Fords.

About 3 years ago I bought a Grabber Blue 2014 Mustang Premium V6. The previous owner had installed a Roush intake and exhaust, and I added a BAMA tune, wider tires, strut brace, etc. Fun car and quick once off the line, but it was an automatic and limited by a 2.73 rear-axle.
IMG_20181113_165715563.jpg
IMG_20210221_165001025_HDR (2).jpg
IMG_20210221_164854964_HDR (2).jpg

This winter I started getting the itch for something faster and liked the idea of a convertible that would really make rides in Grandpaā€™s Mustang memorable for the grandkids. I wanted it to be an automatic so my wife could drive it too. I was lucky to come across a Magnetic 2018 Vert with the Performance package, active exhaust, Magne-Ride and 10-speed automatic with under 35K miles at a fair price. Bought it right before the snow came through our part of Texas so havenā€™t had much time driving it, but very happy with it so far. Planning to keep it for many years and looking forward to getting tips on maintenance and ideas for possible upgrades from this forum.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
Hi I'm Kilian from Germany.

I don't owe a Mustang just jet but I'm looking forward to buying some in the "near" future.
Wanted to buy myself a Mustang last year but Covid struck and due to a new job it wasnā€™t reasonable to buy a V8. Currently Iā€™m driving BMW G20 330d xDrive due to the high mileage Iā€™ve to cover [40.000km / year or in your numbers ~25k miles ;) ].

I already drove almost all the available V8ā€™s that are officially sold in Germany, including 2019 Mustang convertible with the A10, 2020 Camaro, 2018 Audi S6, W205 c63 AMG and W205 c63 mopf. For me the Mustang clearly emerged as the winner for multiple reasons:

• The fun and enjoyment I got from driving was priceless. The sound was just awesome and I did enjoy the convertible on a sunny weekend. Besides, here in Germany a Mustang is something special. It turnā€™s heads and people compliment you on your car ā€“ some hate it thoughā€¦
  • The Camaro and the Audi are just overall ā€œokā€. They just never got me all that excited for several reasons.
  • The AMGā€™s though were my all-time favorites. A loaded 2018 C63 would cost me roughly 48000ā‚¬ and the 2019 mopf wouldnā€™t be that much more expensive ~54000ā‚¬. Considering the fact that this will be the last C63 V8 I thought it will hold itā€™s value better. Besides, the brand always got me fascinated and I always wanted to have a c63. That being said, I drove the Mustang and the c63ā€™s almost back to back and although the c63 is clearly the overall ā€œbetterā€ car, at the end of the day youā€™re still driving a modified c-class. Itā€™s faster and the overall quality is undeniable but the sound ā€“ at least here in Germany ā€“ is just ā€œniceā€, not like its used to be and I never got the feeling of ā€œdriving something specialā€. I love the AMGā€™s, donā€™t get me wrong but driving a Mustang felt like driving a ā€œrealā€ car. Besides, I got better mpg from the Mustang and the insurance is way cheaper, less than half of what the AMG would cost me.

Anyhow, I also rented a Tesla Model 3 Performance. I wanted to find out if all my prejudices would hold up and I have to sayā€¦ the acceleration is mind-blowing. It seriously is. It feels way faster than any of the cars mentioned before (at least 0-60). However, thatā€™s all the positive I could find about the Tesla. ā€œDrivingā€ with just a ā€œcenterā€ screen is a nightmare at 120+ mph on the Autobahn, itā€™s uncomfortable and the worst part is how you operate the car or at least the softwareā€¦ How can anyone think that that is how it should be done? Thereā€™s a reason why certain levers and switched are just thatā€¦ switches and levers.

Anyhow, Iā€™m interested in a Mustang convertible and it has to be a V8, thatā€™s for sure. I would actually prefer all-wheel drive for daily usability and that might be a good reason to wait for the S650. That being said, I never had the chance to drive a GT350 or a fastback GT with a stick shift. So I donā€™t really know whether I want the tremec in a Mach1 over a convertibleā€¦ Itā€™s a real bumper that there are almost no other options for me to ride in or actually drive a Mustang besides official FORD-dealers. Maybe this forum can help ;)

Iā€™ve been reading a lot in this forum since last year and at the moment Iā€™m waiting for the first real S650 mule to show up. Looking forward to talking to you and participating in this forum.

20201223_124714 ohne nummern.jpg
20201223_124650 ohne nummern.jpg

traumkommode

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
Hello! I'm Andrew. I've driven a PP1 S550 GT, and now I'm looking at either a GT350 or doing an LFP blower build on a new car. Figured this would be a good place to talk Mustangs and connect with other folks who like to go fast.

Thanks!

Sponsored

Richard Shannon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
3-20 GT500, 17 GT350, 18 Z06, 08 F360, 2) MX-5s
IMG_5393.JPEG
IMG_5379.JPEG
IMG_5398.JPEG
IMG_5854.JPEG

IMG_8962.JPEG

IMG_1332.JPG
IMG_1331.JPG
_G4A4400_Original.jpeg
IMG_7672.JPG

I no longer have this F360 as I traded it for the F430.

My name is Richard Shannon. My family and I love cars.. My wife and i have done 4 track days at Homestead/Miami here in Florida with the Gallardo. My entire family did a track day at Gateway in St.Louis with the 09 GT500, the Cobra, the Gallardo, and the F430. Anxious to try the 2020 GT500 on the track!

Last edited:

BTDUBS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
M name is Kerry and I finally got a Mustang after 22 years of drooling over them. The lease on my John Cooper Works Mini was up and I test drove one and took my wife along. She was impressed with the ride and comfort. She doesn't commute and neither do I, but we have a 9 month old. She forced me to get the Mustang because she had never seen me so happy driving a car.

2021 6 speed GT in Oxford White with 301A and Safe and Smart package. Mods to follow!

155780558_10100542407378408_8223259375105151452_o.jpg

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
M name is Kerry and I finally got a Mustang after 22 years of drooling over them.
Welcome. And good to finally know where all the drool on my car was coming from.

BTDUBS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Welcome. And good to finally know where all the drool on my car was coming from.
Love the stripes too! I am considering something similar in a shiner teal.

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
Hi I'm Kilian from Germany.

...Anyhow, I also rented a Tesla Model 3 Performance. I wanted to find out if all my prejudices would hold up and I have to sayā€¦ the acceleration is mind-blowing. It seriously is. It feels way faster than any of the cars mentioned before (at least 0-60). However, thatā€™s all the positive I could find about the Tesla. ā€œDrivingā€ with just a ā€œcenterā€ screen is a nightmare at 120+ mph on the Autobahn, itā€™s uncomfortable and the worst part is how you operate the car or at least the softwareā€¦
I believe you! I saw that when a coworker bought a Model 3, and I knew right away that car wasn't for me.
I thought it must have a head-up-display for speed, and then read that it didn't because Mr. Musk thinks HUDs are annoying. Better still, he thinks the driver soon won't need any such information, because he expects Teslas to be fully self-driving one day. šŸ™„ Nope, not for me.

Compared to having a gauge cluster in front of you, you must have to move your eyes about twice as far from the direction you're going.

The people who are okay with it aren't going 120+ on an Autobahn. More likely they're holding up traffic in a 55 zone.

Now, I doubt you need all-wheel-drive in a convertible. Are you committed to driving this convertible in winter? Will it be your only car, or will you also keep the 330d? If you will have another car for icy conditions, I think a Mustang will be okay for most of the year. It has traction control and stability control and such. A lot of us daily-drive a RWD V8 Mustang and we're doing fine. šŸ‘

I rented a Mustang for a long weekend to "gather data". šŸ˜‡ Maybe that would help you, too.
Sponsored