Introduce yourself!!

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Hey all, my name is Mike. I’m car shopping and the mustang has been on my “someday” list for a long time. It looks like we can finally make it happen this time, so I’m fairly excited. The last car I got that was exactly what I wanted was a 2003 Dakota R/T that I ended up only keeping for about 2 years due to “reasons”. Everything since has been a compromise or necessity. I am currently leasing a 2019 Mini Clubman S (which I actually like way more than I thought I was going to) and that lease is up in December. I pretty much know what I want but still have a few questions, so I will be asking those eventually.

Thanks for having me!

farsidejunky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Current Mustang :-(
Good evening! I'm new to the forum, but not new to Mustangs. I have been the proud owner of three:

*1967 Coupe C Code in Candyapple Red (no pictures unfortunately, sold in 1994)

*2013 GT in Deep Impact Blue (bought back by Ford in 2015, long story)

2015.jpg

*2015 GT w/Performance Package in Deep Impact Blue (traded in for current vehicle in 2017)

2017.jpg

So, if I am not a current Mustang owner, why am I here?

For one, I love Mustangs. I have since high school when I owned the 1967. Two, I will own another one, but it will be about three years or so from now.

Why three years? Because my son is in private school, and it is expensive...as in a base GT-350-payment expensive. So, when he graduates, that is the plan.

Well...it WAS the plan...for a GT-350. Then Ford decided to scrap the GT-350, which I am still fuming about...lol. I just knew the Voodoo was in my future plans.

So here I am, trying to immerse myself in Mustang stuff so I can start to make plans for what I will buy in three years, just as the ICE is beginning to see its final years (if you believe the rumors). I suspect I will be eyeing a Mach 1 as I won't buy a mustang with an automatic transmission.

Thanks for the welcome, and I look forward to soaking up as much knowledge as I can here. Take care.

tomdwa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
white mustang ecoboost hpp
Good evening! I'm new to the forum, but not new to Mustangs. I have been the proud owner of three:

*1967 Coupe C Code in Candyapple Red (no pictures unfortunately, sold in 1994)

*2013 GT in Deep Impact Blue (bought back by Ford in 2015, long story)

2015.jpg

*2015 GT w/Performance Package in Deep Impact Blue (traded in for current vehicle in 2017)

2017.jpg

So, if I am not a current Mustang owner, why am I here?

For one, I love Mustangs. I have since high school when I owned the 1967. Two, I will own another one, but it will be about three years or so from now.

Why three years? Because my son is in private school, and it is expensive...as in a base GT-350-payment expensive. So, when he graduates, that is the plan.

Well...it WAS the plan...for a GT-350. Then Ford decided to scrap the GT-350, which I am still fuming about...lol. I just knew the Voodoo was in my future plans.

So here I am, trying to immerse myself in Mustang stuff so I can start to make plans for what I will buy in three years, just as the ICE is beginning to see its final years (if you believe the rumors). I suspect I will be eyeing a Mach 1 as I won't buy a mustang with an automatic transmission.

Thanks for the welcome, and I look forward to soaking up as much knowledge as I can here. Take care.

Great plan, but a 3 years wait is a looooong time :shock:. Have to be a patient guy...! And looking around on the forum will only sharpen your appetite 😁.

Sponsored

farsidejunky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Current Mustang :-(
Great plan, but a 3 years wait is a looooong time :shock:. Have to be a patient guy...! And looking around on the forum will only sharpen your appetite 😁.
Considering the 2013 was nearly 15 years in the making, 3 years isn't so bad. Besides, I'm trying to figure out what the heck happened to the last three years... 🤣🤣🤣

What it really comes down to is I don't want to do what I did with the 2015, which was a daily driver. I was building a business at that time, and put 70K miles on it in just 26 months.

I'm more interested in a garage queen so I keep the miles low, and drive my Subaru daily.

StangCody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Hello! I’m Cody from Ft. Worth Tx. I’ve been lurking since I bought my 2020 base GT blackout pack back in September but finally getting around to signing up! I had a 2003 convertible through college that I lost to vandalism tragically, and I tried to be a grownup for a while but found my way back to vroom vroom noises.
C6A89C9B-6E2F-472E-9827-EE573C913E3B.jpeg

Mods so far: stripes by Big Worm Graphix, Speedform GT350 track pack spoiler, Anchor room tint, 2015 dash trim, OEM strut brace, Diode Dynamics interior LEDs and clear side markers, JLT oil catch can.

Much more to come and I’m so glad you guys and gals have built such a great resource of information!

TiltMentor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang 5.0 V8
Hello everyone, my name is Davis and I am 21 years old, I work in Tesla but despite this I own a Mustang.I love empty roads and phonk.

davrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Prem PP1-6MT
Hello Everyone- I'm new(ish) to the forum, and to Mustangs! I'm Houston, TX-based, looking forward to joining this community!

Not planning any significant mods to my Black '20 GT Prem PP1, but I have replaced the clutch spring with the Steeda one, and added the Diode Dynamics backup light LED.

IMG_0119.png

GTBlu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT V8
Vehicle Showcase
Well hello one and all, sorry meant to do this the other week!

Well what I can I tell you, I’m here in the UK edge of the city of Leicester, I pick up my 2018 plate on Saturday 30th January, she’s has custom pack 4 in Blue with white strips, she comes with a private plate which is quite nice, H pipe fitted and a Steeda air box and she's lowered a little as well an aftermarket handbrake leave some great lump of aluminium.

My last car was a BMW series 1, I know sounds like a jump right, here’s the thing I have family over in the USA and from the age of 19 to late 26 got to drive a 90 Mustang “yep mad letting a 19 year old me driving a 5ltr V8” so for some time I’ve hankered after a V8 and as I cannot find a motorbike that I want to replace the bike I have now "S1000XR", I decided to go for the Mustang for some addition fun, let’s face it like most did not get any Holidays in last year and this year’s not looking much better so the journey will begin on Saturday.

Forgive me if I don’t chip in much I’m on a lot of Bike forums and tend to be on them a lot.

Update;
Three weeks on loving the GT, we had some snow the other day so used snow mode, may be not the best car for the snow but go to work with only a couple of miles sideways:shock:

Until soon,

No Number.jpg

Sponsored

spiritrider1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
White 2020 GT Convertible
My name is Paul........I'm 41 years old and live in 'lil old England :)

Here's my Mustang....a 2005 GT.....she's my pride and joy and gets used only on sunny weekends (daily driver is a e46 BMW 330i)

Berkshiremeetjuly2012-48.jpg

I've been a fan of Mustangs (and other pony/muscle cars for years) but it was the S197 that re-ignited the flame.

I'd always been a fan of the European Mustang, the Capri, and have owned quite a few. The S197 was the nearest thing to a new Capri to me, so I knew I had to have one.

2679658349_8992703159_b.jpg

I've followed the development of the Mustang very closely since 2005 and have been hunting spyshots of all the new varients, especially the 2010 and then 2013 model years.

The '15 has me slightly worried as I love the current retro style, but as long as Ford ensures it's a cool looking car, I'm sure I'll love it.

:)

(ps - my login name comes from my old Z32 300zx Twin Turbo - gone but not forgotten)
Just got my first Mustang. Growing up in Germany (US Gov employee dependent) My father had 3 German Ford Capri's in the 70's & 80's. I loved them all. A 1969 or 70 US spec 2.0 silver black top, and a 1974 2.8 V6 US spec (had a sweet engine). His last one was the same body style as the 2.8i in your picture but it was a 1981 2.0 GT4 in mint green metallic. I had lots of fun driving that car as it was the first car I drove after getting my license in 1984. My new GT reminds me a lot of those old days!

Last edited:

spiritrider1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
Hello Everyone- I'm new(ish) to the forum, and to Mustangs! I'm Houston, TX-based, looking forward to joining this community!

Not planning any significant mods to my Black '20 GT Prem PP1, but I have replaced the clutch spring with the Steeda one, and added the Diode Dynamics backup light LED.

IMG_0119.png
I just got a 20 GT convertible and noticed the backup lights are awfule compared to my 2018 F-150. I put Sylvania Zevo bulbs and am quite impressed with the illumination. Did the Diode Dynamics help much? I have not had much time to check what kind of bulbs are in the Mustang yet.

spiritrider1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
Hi all, I just got (for my wife really!) a 2020 GT convertible Saturday in Oklahoma and drove it home 260 miles. Then the Texas winter storms hit and we haven't been able to really look it over and drive it since! We loved it immediately except for a few issues that I'm researching now - adaptive cruise and hill start failures right out of the box! I called the dealer while on the road and they said it's a common thing in bad weather but there wasn't any snow or ice buildup on the car?? We'd drive a while and randomly we got the dash warning that the systems have failed and it posted on our Ford Pass app. We pulled over and restarted the car and all went back to normal until the next occurrence. Also, when using cruise, tapping the brake pedal didn't cut off the cruise control!?! I have to press hard (causing hard braking...) or shut off the cruise with the button to get it to cancel. After a few occurences of that it seemed forcing the cruise off that way was also causing the failures? It was a bit hairy at one point exiting the highway. Got on the brakes and felt like it was still wanting to accelerate into the turn! I'm not one to freak out with something like that and dealt with it accordingly but my wife took over driving and it happened to her and she was very alarmed. What gives with this??
The front facing radar was not obstructed so not sure why the failures and again, why do I need to mash the brake pedal to force the cruise to disengage??
One more thing... we got back late Saturday so I spent a few minutes in the driveway to go over some settings. I did that with the car in the 'on' position. Each time I tried to start it by pressing the brake pedal and the start button, the car would turn off and the seat will go back. I repeated this numerous times, completely baffled. Then I mashed the brake pedal and it started! I'm beginning to wonder if the brake light switch is not properly adjusted?? Could this be causing the cruise issue?
So - I'm waiting for this Texas freeze to thaw so I can actually call the local dealer (who's closed due to bad weather) and figure this stuff out!
IMG_6635.jpg
IMG_6673.jpg

BluestreamDE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2004 350z, 2019 Nissan Titan
Hello guys/Gals. I’m Andre. Currently in the Military. Was a big JDM enthusiast for many years and now I’ve jumped on the Domestics bandwagon. I have a 2018 Ford Mustang GT 6 Speed which I bought used with 20k miles in great condition. Only mods soo far is a K&N drop in filter, JLT Oil Catch Cans and HP Tuners as the tuning software.
8F327C1D-124B-4340-AE1C-5095BC0B251E.jpeg

F9BBEC99-3BB6-4979-B777-3565CD9299EC.jpeg

I also have another car that is my continuous project, a 2004 Nissan 350z with a built 11.1 cp shortblock, Vortech V7 YSi supercharger kit and many mods to list. That project is currently on standby as I lifted the drivers side head so now it just sits in my garage lol. Made 731whp/643wtq on pump E85.

6C810F73-9F81-44C3-934C-BDDBEDE6BB5F.jpeg

Looking forward to being apart of this community!

Last edited:

Super-Genius

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Oxford White Mustang GT
Hi all, I just got (for my wife really!) a 2020 GT convertible Saturday in Oklahoma and drove it home 260 miles. Then the Texas winter storms hit and we haven't been able to really look it over and drive it since! We loved it immediately except for a few issues that I'm researching now - adaptive cruise and hill start failures right out of the box! I called the dealer while on the road and they said it's a common thing in bad weather but there wasn't any snow or ice buildup on the car?? We'd drive a while and randomly we got the dash warning that the systems have failed and it posted on our Ford Pass app. We pulled over and restarted the car and all went back to normal until the next occurrence. Also, when using cruise, tapping the brake pedal didn't cut off the cruise control!?! I have to press hard (causing hard braking...) or shut off the cruise with the button to get it to cancel. After a few occurences of that it seemed forcing the cruise off that way was also causing the failures? It was a bit hairy at one point exiting the highway. Got on the brakes and felt like it was still wanting to accelerate into the turn! I'm not one to freak out with something like that and dealt with it accordingly but my wife took over driving and it happened to her and she was very alarmed. What gives with this??
The front facing radar was not obstructed so not sure why the failures and again, why do I need to mash the brake pedal to force the cruise to disengage??
One more thing... we got back late Saturday so I spent a few minutes in the driveway to go over some settings. I did that with the car in the 'on' position. Each time I tried to start it by pressing the brake pedal and the start button, the car would turn off and the seat will go back. I repeated this numerous times, completely baffled. Then I mashed the brake pedal and it started! I'm beginning to wonder if the brake light switch is not properly adjusted?? Could this be causing the cruise issue?
So - I'm waiting for this Texas freeze to thaw so I can actually call the local dealer (who's closed due to bad weather) and figure this stuff out!
IMG_6635.jpg
Lovely weather we are having, huh ? Lol. Say, was it a pain in the ass buying out of state ? I looked at a few online up there
Sponsored