Introduce yourself!!

spiritrider1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
White 2020 GT Convertible
Lovely weather we are having, huh ? Lol. Say, was it a pain in the ass buying out of state ? I looked at a few online up there
This was probably the easiest vehicle purchase I've ever had! I went to Riverside Ford in Tulsa. This GT was marked down - partly depreciation as a 2020 model and also dealer incentive to sell. I had ordered an Ecoboost with all bells and whistles but found this one similarly priced. Ultimately $5250 in rebates/incentives. I didn't use my $2k personal offer yet since I also ordered a new Powerboost F-150 that I'm using that on with my local dealer.
Sponsored

Super-Genius

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Oxford White Mustang GT
This was probably the easiest vehicle purchase I've ever had! I went to Riverside Ford in Tulsa. This GT was marked down - partly depreciation as a 2020 model and also dealer incentive to sell. I had ordered an Ecoboost with all bells and whistles but found this one similarly priced. Ultimately $5250 in rebates/incentives. I didn't use my $2k personal offer yet since I also ordered a new Powerboost F-150 that I'm using that on with my local dealer.
Nice :like: How did you pay the Texas taxes ? Just curious

spiritrider1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
Nice :like: How did you pay the Texas taxes ? Just curious
The dealer only charged their doc & licensing fees but no taxes or registration. I just got it last weekend so am waiting for "wintermageddon" to pass then head to the local tax office to pay taxes and registration. They gave me all sales documents on a thumb drive. Just need to print out the buyers order page showing the sales price minus rebates, trade, misc. charges and I'll pay taxes on that.

Super-Genius

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Oxford White Mustang GT
The dealer only charged their doc & licensing fees but no taxes or registration. I just got it last weekend so am waiting for "wintermageddon" to pass then head to the local tax office to pay taxes and registration. They gave me all sales documents on a thumb drive. Just need to print out the buyers order page showing the sales price minus rebates, trade, misc. charges and I'll pay taxes on that.
Ok, I was wondering how that worked. Thanks, hope she enjoys the new ride :)

Sluzzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 PP2
I've recently sold my 07 350z ( needed a back seat of sorts) and picked up the PP2 which mostly I like but do have a couple mixed feelings about..... love the power and handling for such a HUGE car but hate how big it is and how many Mustangs are running about. I wish ford would have sacrificed some trunk space and done with a little less front overhang to make the mustang look much more compact. At even 6" less overall length, it would have improved the looks considerably IMO. It really shows in my garage with how much space it gobbles up. Also, the 6sp manual is a sore spot as well, its clunky and causes me some misshifts which really sucks. That being said..... its amazing what over a decade of improvements can do for a car. In PP2 form the car is absurd, handles like its on rails when you want it to and when you want it to shake its ass it does it with ease. I love the active exhaust but at this time I'm seeing little point in it as I'm always in track mode cause the sound it produces is intoxicating. With 460Hp I dont see a need for any more power as its plenty quick for me, and after all, no matter what you do there'll always be someone faster. It definitely needs to be lowered by 1" which is first on the list. I like the Scott Drake side skirt add ons as they complement the front lip on the PP2 quite well which might be a moot point with the the fact I like the GT500 style front bumper. A GT500 wing would improve the rear end as well.

20190707_141711.jpg
20200915_103225.jpg
20210220_113930.jpg

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I've recently sold my 07 350z ( needed a back seat of sorts) and picked up the PP2 which mostly I like but do have a couple mixed feelings about..... love the power and handling for such a HUGE car but hate how big it is and how many Mustangs are running about. I wish ford would have sacrificed some trunk space and done with a little less front overhang to make the mustang look much more compact. At even 6" less overall length, it would have improved the looks considerably IMO. It really shows in my garage with how much space it gobbles up. Also, the 6sp manual is a sore spot as well, its clunky and causes me some misshifts which really sucks. That being said..... its amazing what over a decade of improvements can do for a car. In PP2 form the car is absurd, handles like its on rails when you want it to and when you want it to shake its ass it does it with ease. I love the active exhaust but at this time I'm seeing little point in it as I'm always in track mode cause the sound it produces is intoxicating. With 460Hp I dont see a need for any more power as its plenty quick for me, and after all, no matter what you do there'll always be someone faster. It definitely needs to be lowered by 1" which is first on the list. I like the Scott Drake side skirt add ons as they complement the front lip on the PP2 quite well which might be a moot point with the the fact I like the GT500 style front bumper. A GT500 wing would improve the rear end as well.

20190707_141711.jpg
20200915_103225.jpg
20210220_113930.jpg
Congrats on the new ride! I have to say that most guys coming from a more compact sports car definitely struggle with the size and weight of the vehicle. If you compare it to an older 60's mustang it is significantly bigger. Would love to see Ford shrink the size a bit.. maybe even get rid of the back seat space that is pretty useless except to haul kids around...

Jackyboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt, 2014 focus se
Hey guys, picked up my base 2020 GT back in September and have been enjoying getting into my first performance car. got my first car, a ford focus, back in 2014 and was into modifying that but i have reverted it a little further back to stock and am keeping it as a daily. I plan on doing some heavy modifications but want to keep it a full interior streetable car. I imagine it will take quite some time but i am happy to join the forum!

20201122_153407.jpg

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Hi all, I just got (for my wife really!) a 2020 GT convertible Saturday in Oklahoma and drove it home 260 miles. Then the Texas winter storms hit and we haven't been able to really look it over and drive it since! We loved it immediately except for a few issues that I'm researching now - adaptive cruise and hill start failures right out of the box! I called the dealer while on the road and they said it's a common thing in bad weather but there wasn't any snow or ice buildup on the car?? We'd drive a while and randomly we got the dash warning that the systems have failed and it posted on our Ford Pass app. We pulled over and restarted the car and all went back to normal until the next occurrence. Also, when using cruise, tapping the brake pedal didn't cut off the cruise control!?! I have to press hard (causing hard braking...) or shut off the cruise with the button to get it to cancel. After a few occurences of that it seemed forcing the cruise off that way was also causing the failures? It was a bit hairy at one point exiting the highway. Got on the brakes and felt like it was still wanting to accelerate into the turn! I'm not one to freak out with something like that and dealt with it accordingly but my wife took over driving and it happened to her and she was very alarmed. What gives with this??
The front facing radar was not obstructed so not sure why the failures and again, why do I need to mash the brake pedal to force the cruise to disengage??
One more thing... we got back late Saturday so I spent a few minutes in the driveway to go over some settings. I did that with the car in the 'on' position. Each time I tried to start it by pressing the brake pedal and the start button, the car would turn off and the seat will go back. I repeated this numerous times, completely baffled. Then I mashed the brake pedal and it started! I'm beginning to wonder if the brake light switch is not properly adjusted?? Could this be causing the cruise issue?
So - I'm waiting for this Texas freeze to thaw so I can actually call the local dealer (who's closed due to bad weather) and figure this stuff out!
IMG_6673.jpg
See .........This is what happens when one lives so close to US 380 ............ :crackup:

Said the guy that now has to install all new plumbing because of burst pipes ................... šŸ™„ :explode:

spiritrider1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
See .........This is what happens when one lives so close to US 380 ............ :crackup:

Said the guy that now has to install all new plumbing because of burst pipes ................... šŸ™„ :explode:
MikeyTX - 380's fightin' words! Hate that stretch of road! Good thing I live OPPOSITE that direction. LoL :whew:

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Ha ...........Tell me. I had to make deliveries up there.The I-35 interchange is a true POS.

Sponsored

spiritrider1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
Ha ...........Tell me. I had to make deliveries up there.The I-35 interchange is a true POS.
Have you been up 35E since the construction has finished? It's actually not bad anymore all they way up from Lewisville through Denton. Carrollton is still a POS and now that N. Denton is growing it's getting bad past 380 (University drive) during busy times. But again, I don't usually go up there! šŸ˜Ž

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Have you been up 35E since the construction has finished? It's actually not bad anymore all they way up from Lewisville through Denton. Carrollton is still a POS and now that N. Denton is growing it's getting bad past 380 (University drive) during busy times. But again, I don't usually go up there! šŸ˜Ž
Been a good 4 yrs. Glad to know the construction north of the split is done. I will take I-35 W when I p/u my Mach 1 in Iowa the end of next month. They can keep 35 E for all I care ................ :explode:

spiritrider1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
Been a good 4 yrs. Glad to know the construction north of the split is done. I will take I-35 W when I p/u my Mach 1 in Iowa the end of next month. They can keep 35 E for all I care ................ :explode:
I use 35E daily from Denton to near Love field in Dallas, 34 miles each way. Its not bad at all even with rush hour in Carrollton. It's only a 35-40 min drive for 34 miles. I used 35W for a while and to me it's worse from midtown just north of 183 upward towards Texas Motor Speedway. I think they'll be working on that for some time all the way to the IH35E-W split in Denton. But coming from Midlothian 35E probably makes more sense for you.

spiritrider1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
Hi all, I just got (for my wife really!) a 2020 GT convertible Saturday in Oklahoma and drove it home 260 miles. Then the Texas winter storms hit and we haven't been able to really look it over and drive it since! We loved it immediately except for a few issues that I'm researching now - adaptive cruise and hill start failures right out of the box! I called the dealer while on the road and they said it's a common thing in bad weather but there wasn't any snow or ice buildup on the car?? We'd drive a while and randomly we got the dash warning that the systems have failed and it posted on our Ford Pass app. We pulled over and restarted the car and all went back to normal until the next occurrence. Also, when using cruise, tapping the brake pedal didn't cut off the cruise control!?! I have to press hard (causing hard braking...) or shut off the cruise with the button to get it to cancel. After a few occurences of that it seemed forcing the cruise off that way was also causing the failures? It was a bit hairy at one point exiting the highway. Got on the brakes and felt like it was still wanting to accelerate into the turn! I'm not one to freak out with something like that and dealt with it accordingly but my wife took over driving and it happened to her and she was very alarmed. What gives with this??
The front facing radar was not obstructed so not sure why the failures and again, why do I need to mash the brake pedal to force the cruise to disengage??
One more thing... we got back late Saturday so I spent a few minutes in the driveway to go over some settings. I did that with the car in the 'on' position. Each time I tried to start it by pressing the brake pedal and the start button, the car would turn off and the seat will go back. I repeated this numerous times, completely baffled. Then I mashed the brake pedal and it started! I'm beginning to wonder if the brake light switch is not properly adjusted?? Could this be causing the cruise issue?
So - I'm waiting for this Texas freeze to thaw so I can actually call the local dealer (who's closed due to bad weather) and figure this stuff out!
IMG_6635.jpg
IMG_6673.jpg
Update! Finally got in to dealer and wouldn you know it, the very thing I suspected was the issue! At least the dealer feels it was since after re-seating and adjusting the brake pedal switch they could not get the malfunctions to duplicate. The service advisor said he looked up the maintenance history and saw that the selling dealer had performed the recent brake pedal bracket recall (2020 Mustangs with auto). His first inclination was similar to mine in that thereā€™s something wrong with the switch since I couldnā€™t shut off cruise control by tapping the brakes and had trouble starting the car without pressing hard on the pedal from time to time. I had looked briefly myself but didnā€™t see anything obvious. But We had record snow and freezing temps in N Texas all last week so I wasnā€˜t in any mood to get under the dash for a deeper look-see. The plug was connected but advisor reached up and felt like it wasnā€™t quite positively seated. So he undid it and reseated. No more problems from then on. Whoever replaced the brake bracket didnā€™t seat the switch properly and caused this mystery.

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
Hi! I just bought my first Mustang: a 2020 GT, 6-speed with PP1, in Velocity Blue.
I was lurking on this forum for about a week before I bought my car, looking at the threads on steering feel and alignment.

Iā€™ve wanted a ā€œgrand tourerā€ for a while, and the S550 fits my definition: Highway gears and the torque to turn them, comfortable ride, and no slouch in handling. Iā€™ve noticed them showing up when I go to an autocross or HPDE, and they seem to do well.
I got a pretty good deal on this one because it was a 2020 model, still sitting on a dealerā€™s lot several months into the 2021 model year. It had 16.5 miles on it when I started the test drive, so I donā€™t have to worry about whether a previous owner broke it in properly. And the new-car depreciation wonā€™t hit me too hard, because the dealer ate some of that. :)

My other cars are a 2008 Lancer Evolution GSR, 1992 Nissan 240SX, and (my parentsā€™ first new car) a 1980 Datsun 210 wagon with the optional 1.4L engine and 5-speed. Predictably, the width of the S550 is quite an adjustment.

About 18 months ago I rented an EcoBoost Mustang to take my girlfriend on a weekend trip to the mountains. I blatantly did so to see how I liked the S550, and to see if she was comfortable in a Mustang.
The 10-speed automatic had its virtues, and still made me want a manual transmission.

When I test-drove my 6-speed GT, one of the surprises was that the clutch pedal wasnā€™t any stiffer than the stock clutch in my Evo. It might even be lighter.

I have mixed feelings about the automatic rev-matching. I taught myself heel-and-toe downshifts on New Mexico Route 130 (when I was stationed there) and I practice it while puttering around in my Nissan and my Evo. As of now, my Mustang has the pedals placed pretty badly for me to heel-and-toe it. Yes, thereā€™s a fix for that and Iā€™ll probably do it one day, but for now Iā€™ll live with the automation.

My girlfriend and I are cat people, and when her kid bought a Mazda 3 I nicknamed it the ā€œMeowzdaā€.
A year later, my girlfriend has nicknamed my new car the ā€œMeowstangā€. =^.^= šŸ˜ŗ

I might autocross the Meowstang one day, but not while itā€™s under warranty.
I donā€™t have any real mods planned for the foreseeable future.

IMG_9133.jpg

IMG_9159.jpg

IMG_9160.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: