Sponsored

Introduce yourself!!

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome Hooch. NICE car. The wheels make the car. :like:
Sponsored

Hooch0094

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hector
Vehicle(s)
2019 Oxford White Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome Hooch. NICE car. The wheels make the car. :like:
Thank you, It was a high risk decision to go with all white wheels. Either you love them or hate them. lol

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
I love the look but I bet they are as hard to keep clean as a black car. :wink:

paul_g

Joined a few weeks ago. Not new to forums but new to this one.

Stangs owned:
89 LX 5.0 (sadly long gone)
01 GT Premium (glad its gone... long story)
2005 GT Premium Rag Top (still have)
2016 Ecoboost Premium/ Pony Pack with lots of tasty mods (what an amazing fun car), traded for:
2019 GT Premium California Special.

I’m a USAF Vet, solutions engineer by trade and have a very, very small boutique detail biz (more off than on right now) which is a side thing because I love cars and transforming them into show cars. I’m IDA (International Detailing Association) Certified by Mike Phillips of Autogeek / Competition Ready.

Glad to be here. AZ peeps, let’s connect! :)

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just joined a week ago..

Former Audi A5 owner. Upgraded to a 2018 Kona Blue Roush Stage 2 10R80 PP1 3 weeks ago. Currently waiting on Suerpcharger I ordered when I bought the car. Hang out down on Woodward on the weekends occasionally if anyone wants to cruise.

onlyturbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6spd, 2016 Audi S4 (Sold)., 2009 Subaru STI (Sold), 2003 SAAB Aero (Sold)
Just joined!

Today I placed a deposit on a ruby red 2015 base manual 6spd GT with the sport package (3.73s and Brembos I guess?), recaro seats, 19" wheels and an upgraded stereo (whatever that means? did not sound that great to me).

I am just coming up on the end of the lease of my 2016 Audi S4 DSG (Automatic unfortunately). Almost bought the Audi off the lease, but always eyed the S550 second generation Coyote new Mustangs (loved the shape since first day I saw it, just fell in love with it), so I pulled the trigger)...:like:

Was originally going for a 2013 S197, but ended up buying this ruby red S550, which has all forged internals if I read correctly!

The car was bought late 2014, so one of the first production cars I assume. I usually stay away from first year production cars, but this time it happened…Is there anything I need to worry about, any known issues with the first 2015 production years I need to know about ASAP? The car has only 17.8k miles, really low. I can still back away from the deal if a real issue.

One thing I noticed, it has what it looks like an aftermarket exhaust, I believe it is a Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust with huge polished Tips. Crazy sound, like a race car, almost sounds like it has new headers as well, tried to check but could see the headers.

Anyway, I am very exited to pick up the car this Friday to say the least. What a beauty! Can’t wait to see what is waiting for me. Test drove it twice so far. Hope I am not going to kill myself…been a while since I had a rear wheel drive muscle car, last one was a brand new 1994 white GT I had with LSD.

I am looking forward to learning more about this car in this forum, seems like a great place to start for sure…

Thanks!
Rony

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome Rony. Sounds like a great car. Many of these cars are not daily drivers, hence the low mileage. I picked up my 2017 with less than 2000 miles on it. But it had Borla exhaust on it which sound great.
I think the 15-17 are basically the same. No known issues except the engine BBQ tick which is all over the internet like a fever - I don't have it. I googled known problems with your car here > https://www.carcomplaints.com/Ford/Mustang/2015/

onlyturbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6spd, 2016 Audi S4 (Sold)., 2009 Subaru STI (Sold), 2003 SAAB Aero (Sold)
Welcome Rony. Sounds like a great car. Many of these cars are not daily drivers, hence the low mileage. I picked up my 2017 with less than 2000 miles on it. But it had Borla exhaust on it which sound great.
I think the 15-17 are basically the same. No known issues except the engine BBQ tick which is all over the internet like a fever - I don't have it. I googled known problems with your car here > https://www.carcomplaints.com/Ford/Mustang/2015/
Great to know this thank you! Impressive...

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just joined!

I am just coming up on the end of the lease of my 2016 Audi S4 DSG (Automatic unfortunately). Almost bought the Audi off the lease, but always eyed the S550 second generation Coyote new Mustangs (loved the shape since first day I saw it, just fell in love with it), so I pulled the trigger)...:like:

Thanks!
Rony
I just moved moved from a A4 myself. I was originally planning to buy an S4, add a E85 tune, install full exhaust, and upgrade the pulley's. Then I drove a 15' Richard Petty mustang with a roush exhaust\Supercharger and that was the end of that. Sure the S4 E85 tune, AWD, and upgraded pulleys is a beast but no where near the upkeep. The oil consumption on the Audi's once they get up in miles along with carbon build up was a problem for me. I lost out on the 15' but ended getting an 18' and I only drive it once a week but I like it so much better than the Audi and you can mod it so easily. That's why I bought the Audi and planned on buying another but the Mustang fits that bill also. It isn't a practical as a daily if you live in the north as an AWD Audi but I'd rather just buy a beater and drive that every day and play with my mustang on the weekends.

Sponsored

onlyturbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rony
Vehicle(s)
I just moved moved from a A4 myself. I was originally planning to buy an S4, add a E85 tune, install full exhaust, and upgrade the pulley's. Then I drove a 15' Richard Petty mustang with a roush exhaust\Supercharger and that was the end of that. Sure the S4 E85 tune, AWD, and upgraded pulleys is a beast but no where near the upkeep. The oil consumption on the Audi's once they get up in miles along with carbon build up was a problem for me. I lost out on the 15' but ended getting an 18' and I only drive it once a week but I like it so much better than the Audi and you can mod it so easily. That's why I bought the Audi and planned on buying another but the Mustang fits that bill also. It isn't a practical as a daily if you live in the north as an AWD Audi but I'd rather just buy a beater and drive that every day and play with my mustang on the weekends.
Yes I hear you. I.have a stage 2 on the S4, it is a beast, 3.5 seconds to 60...it is currently faster than the GT for sure. I like it a lot, but I like the mustang better, but time will tell for sure.
I feel as the GT stock is lucking power, you don't feel the "kick" as much. Maybe a simple tune and intake could change that.

I keep on thinking maybe I need to put the car in sports mode or something, but it is not the premium, so does not have the drive sellect mode switch.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yes I hear you. I.have a stage 2 on the S4, it is a beast, 3.5 seconds to 60...it is currently faster than the GT for sure. I like it a lot, but I like the mustang better, but time will tell for sure.
I feel as the GT stock is lucking power, you don't feel the "kick" as much. Maybe a simple tune and intake could change that.

I keep on thinking maybe I need to put the car in sports mode or something, but it is not the premium, so does not have the drive sellect mode switch.

The Mustang has a much higher ceiling for mods than the S4. Mustangs are built for power adders if you're into that. If you modded your S4 you might want to go ahead and kiss your money good buy because it's endless with a Mustang. Knowing how I was with my A4 and what I wanted with an S4 i went ahead and just ordered a Supercharger for Mustang when I bought it.

You won't regret your purchase at all. your first mod needs to be an aftermarket exhaust like a roush axle back or something comparable if you don't have one already. That is by far the favorite part of mine.

onlyturbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rony
Vehicle(s)
The Mustang has a much higher ceiling for mods than the S4. Mustangs are built for power adders if you're into that. If you modded your S4 you might want to go ahead and kiss your money good buy because it's endless with a Mustang. Knowing how I was with my A4 and what I wanted with an S4 i went ahead and just ordered a Supercharger for Mustang when I bought it.

You won't regret your purchase at all. your first mod needs to be an aftermarket exhaust like a roush axle back or something comparable if you don't have one already. That is by far the favorite part of mine.
It has a Corsa screaming exhaust...sounds like a Ferrari! May be too loud for me, need to drive it for a while to see for sure.

No more mods for me...:surprised:

Fasteddiec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium convertible
Newbie here in southwest Florida. Picked up my velocity blue 2019 GT Premium convertible last Monday. What a ride!!! Lots of great info on this site, many thanks for letting me join. Cheers!!

Kobra337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6/A6 Mustang Race Red
Brand new to the Ford family in Southwest Louisiana. The LLT High Feature engine (which is apparently known to consume oil, as per the Camaro5 forums) on my 2010 V6/M6 Camaro bit the dust with 110k miles on it. Buick/GMC Dealer happened to have a 2015 V6/A6 Race Red Mustang with 65k miles for only $14,550; they even took my busted Camaro as trade in. Paid $500, drove her home.
Sponsored