Threads
Reaction score
Website
travisrhoadsphoto.smugmug.com
First Name
Travis Rhoads
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT-Premium-PP-50th
Hello all. New to the site but not Mustangs. I just went through the Ford RAV program and turned over my 2017 Magnetic Metallic GT to Ford and picked up this Royal Crimson 2018 GT Premium with active exhaust.
IMG_6278.jpg
out of curiosity...what was it that made your 2017 qualify under the RAV program?

That new color is sharp...
Sponsored

Semnole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
out of curiosity...what was it that made your 2017 qualify under the RAV program?

That new color is sharp...
Had a BBQ tick sound and dealership alluded to a snapped rod. Short blocks were on back order and car was approaching 30 cumulative days in the shop so they gave me the option of waiting for the parts, buy back vehicle, or replace with another Ford.

Thank you.

TX Great White

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caleb
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium (White)
Hi, everyone!

Forum participation is relatively new to me, but here goes. I bought an '07 GT in July 2017, but it resulted in one disaster after another, so in January I bought this beautiful 2015 Mustang GT.; a car I'd dreamed about since I saw my ex girlfriend's a while back. I was crazy about all the really cool small details in addition to the overall badass nature of the the 6th gen Mustang. The ambient lighting, the push button and remote start, the blacked out, cool, sporty interior (in comparison to my previous 2 vehicles; a 2002 Silverado, and the aforementioned '07 Mustang). I know it's small and meaningless, but I also have a crush on the 5.0 badge compared to the previous GT badge on the sides. Judge me if you will. I'm excited to join and start to become active in the Mustang and car community as a whole. It has no performance mods. Next time I replace the tires, I'll add black rims, and eventually I'm gonna add the Borla stinger s-type catback exhaust. That's a little about me and Elise (I read another forum, making it seem like naming the car is perfectly acceptable, I guess y'all will let me know if it's not haha)

Thanks for allowing me to introduce myself, everyone!
Elise 2.jpg

Tim OT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang
2016 Mustang GT premium performance pack. Used but new to me. Finally let the 1999 Jeep Wrangler have a break after 19 years and 255,000 miles. Tim
C147AF3F-0A79-4259-8EF5-80867D6B7B18.jpeg

Sponsored

AmericanV8Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP, 2016 Corvette C7 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guy and gals! Well, finally decided to join mustang 6G after years of lurking in the shadows, using the site as an excellent resource when it came to mods/potential issues I was facing with my car. Don't really know why I never signed up, but finally decided to do so last night.
I've always loved muscle cars in general, ever since I was a kid. I bought my first mustang (and car) in 08, which was a Premium 08 V6. I absolutely loved that car, but always drooled over passing V8s (and countless videos on youtube). I finally purchased my first V8 in 2013 as a 2014 5.0. It was love at first sight. I had great ideas for that car, but all were cut short after a tragic car accident that left my car totaled, not to mention seriously injuring my back. So, it was bittersweet to pick up my new 2016 5.0, as I wasn't a huge fan of the s550 when they were first announced, but knew that the improvements over the S197 were substantial. A few (dozen) mods later, and I am absolutely in love with my car. I also have a '16 C7Z06, but I doubt this is the place to bring up my love for that car, haha.
I was also an active mustang member on instagram up until a few months ago when I decided to take a break. So, if the name AmericanV8Guy looks familiar to you, feel free to shoot me a message! I do miss talking with friends and followers on insta, so hopefully I'm able to find a few of you and catch up!
Also, I've converted a lot of pictures so that they are under 2.0 MB, but I'm still unable to upload them. But in any case, here are a few that work. Hope to see you all on the flip side.
IMG_5233.jpg
IMG_5801.jpg
IMG_5381.jpg
IMG_5716.jpg

Billd5string

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT w/. Performance package
Hi guys,

I just bought a new 18 GT 6sp with the performance package. So far, I am amazed at how good this car is. The last Mustang I had was an ‘02 GT premium with the usual bolt ons. I also currently have a ‘67 Cougar, and a ‘57 Del Rio big block 4 speed project. It occurs to me as I am typing this that I have the 52 year old implementation of sequential taillights as well as the modern version. For the record, the original style is much noisier. Anyway, I am hoping to see what can be done to these cars to take them to the next level.

AmericanV8Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP, 2016 Corvette C7 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
Hi guys,

I just bought a new 18 GT 6sp with the performance package. So far, I am amazed at how good this car is. The last Mustang I had was an ‘02 GT premium with the usual bolt ons. I also currently have a ‘67 Cougar, and a ‘57 Del Rio big block 4 speed project. It occurs to me as I am typing this that I have the 52 year old implementation of sequential taillights as well as the modern version. For the record, the original style is much noisier. Anyway, I am hoping to see what can be done to these cars to take them to the next level.
Welcome to the world of Coyotes! It's a pretty fun wold to be apart of.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
My name is Jay. I just bought a silver 2015 V6 coupe 3 days ago. I waited until age 58 to buy my first Mustang. ☺ (Although my father owned a 1966 convertible from the late 70s to the late 90s.) I've always been interested in cars but I'm not a big DIY person. I'd like to explore some mods at some point, though.

The car is an automatic with the 051A package.

2015-V6-ingot-silver-side.jpg

Sponsored

1TUFF_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JESSE
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP. 2001 Mustang GT Cam’d & Vortech’d
Hello all! New to the forum but have had many mustangs over the years. Currently on my 9th stang! Have had a hand full of foxbodys and new edges and now in a 17 premium pp gt. Got the car new this past june with only 68 miles on the clock. It was one of the very last NEW 17s around so i got a very good deal on it!

It is a very fun car to drive but now it has developed the famous “bbq tick” with only 1900 on the odometer! Factory oil in it and only mods are x pipe, roush axlebacks and a K&N drop in filter.
Any suggestions as far a documenting this for when i take it into the dealer?? The tick is only there when the engine is cold and after getting to normal operating temp the tick is gone. Mostly noticable from about 1500-2200rpms.
Had a BBQ tick sound and dealership alluded to a snapped rod. Short blocks were on back order and car was approaching 30 cumulative days in the shop so they gave me the option of waiting for the parts, buy back vehicle, or replace with another Ford.

Thank you.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
New guy here.. I just bought an Ingot Silver 2016 GT, Performance Pack with a whopping 5,700 miles. This was my upgrade for working hard and wanting to get back into my passion. I traded my 2013 Focus ST in on it, which will be dearly missed. Awesome freaking car. I am a former Mustang owner. I had a 2000 GT (technically still have, at home far away) full bolt on, 4.10 gear and nitrous car. Unfortunately its in need of a new home and big overhaul.

Anyway - no major plans for the car. It's CPO so I'll keep it close to stock for a while, probably just exhaust and maybe an intake that doesn't require a tune and some cosmetic stuff. It's a bad ass ride as it sits!!!
IMG_5372.JPG

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
New guy here.. I just bought an Ingot Silver 2016 GT, Performance Pack with a whopping 5,700 miles. This was my upgrade for working hard and wanting to get back into my passion. I traded my 2013 Focus ST in on it, which will be dearly missed. Awesome freaking car. I am a former Mustang owner. I had a 2000 GT (technically still have, at home far away) full bolt on, 4.10 gear and nitrous car. Unfortunately its in need of a new home and big overhaul.

Anyway - no major plans for the car. It's CPO so I'll keep it close to stock for a while, probably just exhaust and maybe an intake that doesn't require a tune and some cosmetic stuff. It's a bad ass ride as it sits!!!
IMG_5372.JPG
Agree it's a badass ride as is. Congrats! Do you like the black wheels?

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Agree it's a badass ride as is. Congrats! Do you like the black wheels?
Thanks!

So far, definitely. They are flawless and that scares me.. my opinion will probably change the first time I clean them. That's going to take some effort. But they look awesome.

Travis Rhoads

Threads
Reaction score
Website
travisrhoadsphoto.smugmug.com
First Name
Travis Rhoads
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT-Premium-PP-50th
Thanks!

So far, definitely. They are flawless and that scares me.. my opinion will probably change the first time I clean them. That's going to take some effort. But they look awesome.
They are a bit of a pain to clean, and they need it a lot! But its ok by me...I like the stopping power of the Brembos...I use a wheel detailing brush similar to this one: https://www.autogeek.net/sonax-wheel-rim-brush.html, and it makes it a lot easier...along with Sonax its not that bad at all.
Sponsored