Sponsored

Introduce yourself!!

itguy08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, 2010 Taurus SHO, 2011 F150
Welcome, good luck with your new car hunt. What are your color choices?
Well, that's up for debate. The Taurus and F150 I currently drive are Candy Red so I don't want another Red car. Never wanted a red car but the wife said Red was it for the Taurus (in 2009 when we bought it, it was black or red) and for the F150 the only Max Tow one I found was red.

I really LOVE Grabber Blue and that was to be the one but damn you Ford....

I was thinking the Orange Fury until I saw it at the Carlisle All Ford Nationals and I hated it - looks like someone painted it with French's Mustard.

So I'm thinking Kona Blue or Lightning Blue with a white racing stripe. Or going all out for Triple Yellow with the black racing stripe. Could also do the classic white/black or black/white...

Short Answer is I have no idea yet cause Ford didn't do Grabber Blue for 2018...
Sponsored

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
New to the Mustang world, and new to Mustang 6 G Forums.

Mid June, I bought a 2017 Mustang GT (no premium package), and here I am, loving it. Over the years I've owned quite a few Ford cars, mainly Escapes. But, this Mustang is fun to drive. I bought a V6, and within 5 days, I traded for a V8.

You know what they say, "Go big, or..."
download.png

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

Mid June, I bought a 2017 Mustang GT (no premium package), and here I am, loving it. Over the years I've owned quite a few Ford cars, mainly Escapes. But, this Mustang is fun to drive. I bought a V6, and within 5 days, I traded for a V8.

Welcome! You won't regret getting the V8!!

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10

Gotta have a V8!

S550Vader

Vader5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyrrell (Ty)
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Black
Hello

Hello I am, Tyrrell (Ty). I am currently on my second Mustang. This week, I traded my 14' V6 Race Red Mustang in on a Black 5.0 S550. The Mustang has always been my favorite car. And I am sure that I will enjoy this forum.

Sponsored

gamecoc430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
'Nother Mustang!

Recently ordered a 2017 GT Premium with an expected delivery date of mid-August. Ruby Red, ceramic seats, blackout option, automatic, 3.55 axel ratio, 401A option package. Ordered an H pipe to have installed before I bring it home, but having second thoughts. Ordered it from CJ Pony Parts and I now see they have been having problems with this H pipe. I'll call tomorrow and see what they say. If anyone is running an automatic with 3.55 ratio let me know how you like it.

I'm very tempted to have stripes installed (matte black) but not sure yet.

I've had manyl Mustangs and Cougars starting with a 65 Mustang. Love Mustangs/Cougars and Fords in general.

Live in Lexington, SC, 68 years young, ready to get my new Mustang! I'm really enjoying Mustang 6 G and looking forward to seeing folks at meets.

Bob A.

gamecoc430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Thanks BJ Stang

Thanks so much for your reply. You have the sound I'm looking for. The posts directly above yours are what have me worrying about the CJPP H pipe. The holes just look so bad and small and I really don't want to have it cut open, cleaned up, and welded back. I have to cheaper aluminized steel one, not the stainless. I'll call Dave at CJPP tomorrow and see what he suggests. I haven't even opened the box yet. I hope the one I get will be fine and sound as good as yours.
I'm not interested in any type of muffler changes, just want the "older" sound like previous Mustangs. Thanks again for your response. After ordering the 3.55 rear end I was worrying maybe I had made a mistake. Glad you like yours.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
auto w/3.55:1

Recently ordered a 2017 GT Premium with an expected delivery date of mid-August. Ruby Red, ceramic seats, blackout option, automatic, 3.55 axel ratio, 401A option package. Ordered an H pipe to have installed before I bring it home, but having second thoughts. Ordered it from CJ Pony Parts and I now see they have been having problems with this H pipe. I'll call tomorrow and see what they say. If anyone is running an automatic with 3.55 ratio let me know how you like it.

I've had manyl Mustangs and Cougars starting with a 65 Mustang. Love Mustangs/Cougars and Fords in general.

Live in Lexington, SC, 68 years young, ready to get my new Mustang! I'm really enjoying Mustang 6 G and looking forward to seeing folks at meets.

Bob A.
I have a 2016 GT and with the resonator delete x-pipe and intake tube w/ drop-in it's a blast. I've added BMR suspension goodies for the twisty's!Welcome to the mustang corral.
tn_DSCN1314.JPG

Sponsored

White Stallion 11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB Prem Vert w/PP, '20 GT Prem Vert w/PP

Bob A.
Bob,

Glad to see another old guy on here--I'm 68 as well.

I'm on my fifth Mustang convertible, as my first was a '68. I sold it to buy a '73, and so on.

Decided on an EcoBoost this time around and it is the first time I've not had eight cylinders. I miss the rumble, but the EcoBoost is great for what it is designed to do.

Look forward to your being up here with us.

RJ

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Bob,

Glad to see another old guy on here--I'm 68 as well.

I'm on my fifth Mustang convertible, as my first was a '68. I sold it to buy a '73, and so on.

Decided on an EcoBoost this time around and it is the first time I've not had eight cylinders. I miss the rumble, but the EcoBoost is great for what it is designed to do.

Look forward to your being up here with us.

RJ
Interesting that you have chosen the convertible every time... any regrets about not buying a coupe style?

gamecoc430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
RJ, thanks! It seems, most Mustang owners around here are older. Maybe just more disposable income than the youngsters! I really had a hard time trying to decide on a convertible or coupe. My last three have been convertibles so I thought this time I'd do the coupe. I really enjoy riding at night with the top down especially after the sun goes down and it cools off a bit. But now I guess I'll just crank up the A/C and enjoy getting out maybe even more. I was born in WI (just outside Greenbay) but have been in the south all but a few months of my first year. The good news is we can drive down here year round with the top down. No snow, no salt, just hot weather most of the year.

Bob A.

StingyStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT base PP
New Race Red

'Sup Ese's. just picked up my Race Red base GT with PP Today. Man they screamed like i was removing thier kidneys w/o anesthetic! But i got a good deal, Paint look inceredible in the Sun!
Sponsored