Sponsored

Intake resonator

Tmpst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1, 21 Exploder ST, 00 Excursion v10
Been looking and can’t seem to find anywhere this is talked about for the Mach 1. Hoping someone smarter than I can explain if this would cause any problems or not. On our intake we have a resonator, I think the standard s550s have the version where it pipes to the cabin and there’s a delete kit, however, not us. Anyone know if I remove it if I’m going to cause issues other than a louder intake noise?

IMG_0527.jpeg
Sponsored

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Not sure if this answers your question, but Mach 1s don't have sound tubes running to the cabin.

OP
OP
Tmpst

Tmpst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure if this answers your question, but Mach 1s don't have sound tubes running to the cabin.
No they don’t but the resonator is there

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Supposedly it is designed to take the reflected pulses from the closing valves, capture them, then send them back to the intake manifold causing a ram tuning effect.

OP
OP
Tmpst

Tmpst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supposedly it is designed to take the reflected pulses from the closing valves, capture them, then send them back to the intake manifold causing a ram tuning effect.
I guess then that bears the question of if it’s beneficial for the stock setup, why is it not also used for the aftermarket intakes? Kinda odd to me if that’s the case. I’ve always taken these off my cars, but the Mach’s isn’t removable without permanently modifying the tube.

Sponsored

elmach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach 1
Been looking and can’t seem to find anywhere this is talked about for the Mach 1. Hoping someone smarter than I can explain if this would cause any problems or not. On our intake we have a resonator, I think the standard s550s have the version where it pipes to the cabin and there’s a delete kit, however, not us. Anyone know if I remove it if I’m going to cause issues other than a louder intake noise?

IMG_0527.jpeg
Would also love to know the purpose of this! I’ve got contemplated purchasing the jlt intake, but don’t think it’s worth $400 to rid this piece, but would love to have more inside on it

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
You can swap it out for the factory gt350 tube, I ran it for 2 years with no issues. Unfortunately, I broke one of the hose connections on the tube and had to return the stock one.

The only difference is the added intake noise that was mentioned, in the original post. When I find another 350 tube, I will reinstall it. It also gives the MAF connection a cleaner look on the 22-23, as they were moved up on top of the tube.

Reference pictures below:

2.jpg
1.jpg
5.jpg

OP
OP
Tmpst

Tmpst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can swap it out for the factory gt350 tube, I ran it for 2 years with no issues. Unfortunately, I broke one of the hose connections on the tube and had to return the stock one.

The only difference is the added intake noise that was mentioned, in the original post. When I find another 350 tube, I will reinstall it. It also gives the MAF connection a cleaner look on the 22-23, as they were moved up on top of the tube.

2.jpg
1.jpg
5.jpg
That does make a much cleaner look. Because it’s on the bottom, I had considered just cutting it off and capping the hole.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I guess then that bears the question of if it’s beneficial for the stock setup, why is it not also used for the aftermarket intakes?
Mostly engineering and dollars. Not many companies want to spend x dollars on a product they might not get their R&D money back on.

OP
OP
Tmpst

Tmpst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mostly engineering and dollars. Not many companies want to spend x dollars on a product they might not get their R&D money back on.
You’d think they wouldn’t need to sink extra money into that as each auto maker already sunk $$ into the design. I would think that’s part of the design buy when they get the rights to make an official replacement part and if it didn’t have a measurable function then the manufacturer wouldn’t have already put the resources into it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1

2.jpg
1.jpg
5.jpg
I did the same, I found a complete GT350 CAI on fleabay with airbox and the little snorkle that goes behind the grille.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
You’d think they wouldn’t need to sink extra money into that as each auto maker already sunk $$ into the design. I would think that’s part of the design buy when they get the rights to make an official replacement part and if it didn’t have a measurable function then the manufacturer wouldn’t have already put the resources into it 🤷🏻‍♂️
I don't think these aftermarket CAI's are licensed replacement parts. If you have done any fluid dynamic modeling each tube design will need a different style resonator. So for an item that is in a very competitive market it makes no sense to spend a bunch of money when the ROI is very small, and most people buy on price and appearance.

OP
OP
Tmpst

Tmpst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s an investing article… so essentially if it’s designed correctly, there’s a way to improve the intake response using Helmholtz resonators, but only Chevy did the R&D into the Vet. So what I get out of this is there’s no real R&D for ours aside from quieting down the intake sounds….. cutting my off 🤘🏼

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
It's a sound suppressor.
Sponsored