Sponsored

I hate Trucks!

First Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
Talk about random bad luck. Another parking lot photo would have prevented this pebble disaster on the way home. No amount of distance is safe from a truck. In this case it was a half ton with no mud flaps. It puts into perspective the value of a second and how impactful it can be. Im hoping the crack turns outward to make it liveable before replacement. I think insurance covers this.

IMG_0512.jpeg

IMG_0530.jpeg

IMG_0527.jpeg

IMG_0529.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80 w/ FP Tune
100% agreed.

:(

MROCGUY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
i recently had my windshield replaced with an oem one @ $473

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
Very very sorry for this.
When my Mustang was 3 month new my windshield got a pebble on a deserted motorway in the middle of nowhere with no car anywhere in my sight.
It came across the other way.

Some times bad luck just decides that it's your turn now. In my case with some special glue they fixed it and I didn't have to replace the windshield, I just have a little shade in the glass reminding me of it.
If I were you I'll find a reputable shop and go there with wiper arms, cowl, inside mirror and everything already off the car. In my neck of the woods they tend to make a good work on the glass but a mess with all the rest of the car that comes attached to the glass.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Sorry to see that happen. I can appreciate the concern and anxiety. Here it used to be looking out for, gapping well behind dump and cement trucks was enough. Now, in addition to that, full-sized trucks with huge tires and no mud flaps are the majority of DDs. Some days IDK how I've come home without a crack.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
Hate when that happensā€¦I recently replaced my windshield with OEM and insurance covered it with zero deductibleā€¦.check your insurance policy or Iā€™d call them.

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
So sorry but Iā€™d much rather have it hit my windshield than my paint. Iā€™m way to ocd about paint šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Lol the highways here are miserably bad. Rocks everywhere. All the stupid quarries around and the dump drivers are doing 200mph with no cover.

FlatRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N0404
AZ is horrible as well when it comes to dirty roads, laden with rocks, glass, and debris. I am continually amazed at the morons in lifted trucks with no flaps spending half their time on the shoulder because they have a text that just cant wait given how important they are. And the uncovered rock trucks hauling yard gravel to the unlimited numbers of shitty cookie cutter housing developments springing up. You can tell Iā€™m not bitter at all about road rocks.

Sponsored

Park

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT, 20 Mustang EB and 21 Bronco Sport
I commute from Buda to San Antonio(IH-35)round trip of 120 miles. I have used a 2020 EB for 3.5 years and it is peppered with rock chip repairs.
I also have a 2021 premium GT that I refuse to drive on that route, ridiculous.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Glass much be cheap in AZ. I can't get an OEM windshield replaced here for less than $8-900 bucks.
The prices definitely vary quite a bit surprisingly! @MROCGUY its about the same here in Colorado for a new Mustang windshield; just shy of the $500 mark. I was truly amazed that I got a new Viper windshield only a few weeks later and cheaper than the Mustang at about $385. Crazy but it probably comes back to the supply and demand for the local area.

MROCGUY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
there was no charge for the mobile install

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Back in July, I parallel parked and was just about to get out of my Escape when a Cement truck rolled by and blew out my REAR glass.​

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
AZ is horrible as well when it comes to dirty roads, laden with rocks, glass, and debris. I am continually amazed at the morons in lifted trucks with no flaps spending half their time on the shoulder because they have a text that just cant wait given how important they are. And the uncovered rock trucks hauling yard gravel to the unlimited numbers of shitty cookie cutter housing developments springing up. You can tell Iā€™m not bitter at all about road rocks.
This is your state police fault.
1) Tires past fenders are illegal.
2) No idea the rules on flaps , but I'll assume there is regulations for this given the height of the lifted trucks are as high as trailers, if not. Squeaky wheel gets the oil.
Sponsored