I hate bad old drivers.

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
It was a sarcastic remark that everyone took seriously and freaked out about. That's why I removed it.

Unfortunatly we're now on page 7, and overly sensitive people like you can't stop beating a dead horse. Grow thicker skin and move on.
Hum you are offended because the offensive op upset some people. That is strange. This is my last post here.
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Are you just making shit up on the fly now? I was going to say, where has it been mentioned about cursing out an old lady? Lol you're so angry at the OP that you're yelling at me now... Wow lol
What? The original post has been edited a few times now, it appeared in the very original post that he cursed out the old lady. I admitted my mistake since the post has since been edited and no I don’t just make shit up.

If you’re referring to your post about nobody in here being real men because they’re upset about the perceived treatment of an elderly woman, I stand by what I said in that regard. I don’t know why people have this preconceived notion of what a real man is or isn’t (other than the hardware we’re born with). Real men are compassionate and empathetic, not some hardass. We’re hard asses when needed but that should be a rare occurrence

Pistol_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
What? The original post has been edited a few times now, it appeared in the very original post that he cursed out the old lady. I admitted my mistake since the post has since been edited and no I don’t just make shit up.

If you’re referring to your post about nobody in here being real men because they’re upset about the perceived treatment of an elderly woman, I stand by what I said in that regard. I don’t know why people have this preconceived notion of what a real man is or isn’t (other than the hardware we’re born with). Real men are compassionate and empathetic, not some hardass. We’re hard asses when needed but that should be a rare occurrence
No, I am not talking about what I said. I seen after I replied to you that he edited. That's why I removed my reply to you. You're fast!
Me talking about "real men" had nothing to do with f bombing an old lady and had everything to do with how sensitive the people on this forum are. Like I said before. If your opinion differs, they come out in a crowd and whine about it on here. If I see something that I don't agree with or bothers me, I move along, not make it my duty to complain like a little bitch.
I'm not saying you're complaining. Just saying a lot of folks here do.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
The original post has been edited in such a way, that it now makes all other posts meaningless. Great job OP:like:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
No, I am not talking about what I said. I seen after I replied to you that he edited. That's why I removed my reply to you. You're fast!
Me talking about "real men" had nothing to do with f bombing an old lady and had everything to do with how sensitive the people on this forum are. Like I said before. If your opinion differs, they come out in a crowd and whine about it on here. If I see something that I don't agree with or bothers me, I move along, not make it my duty to complain like a little bitch.
I'm not saying you're complaining. Just saying a lot of folks here do.
Understood, I think we’re on the same wavelength

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I live in Florida. In the most densely populated county in the state. I am surrounded by old people. Trust me, 90% of them don't know the difference between the hole in their mouth or the one on their ass. I talk to quite a few of them daily at work. Lol... Not surprised she hit your car. I respect elderly people but they shouldn't be allowed to operate a motor vehicle. There are few that are still super solid, but as a majority, they cause most of the car accidents around here and/or traffic jams.
Oh and for the nimrods that say "you'll be 70 one day". I'll say as my father tells me all the time. He's 64. "If I ever start driving like these old people please remove me from behind the steering wheel". I can agree to that.
Your perception is not backed up by statistics.

The FLHSMV stated that drivers between the age of 25 to 29 caused the most accidents in the state of Florida at 79,457 crashes, with 206 of these being fatal.
https://www.flhsmv.gov/pdf/crashreports/crash_facts_2021.pdf

Is Pinellas county different from the entire state of Florida? Probably, I looked for that county specifically but couldn't find and didn't want to spend anymore time looking.

I'm in my 40s so not attacking you, just pointing out that we have plenty of bad drivers of all ages.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Years ago, my wife and I were sitting in a car in an aisle waiting for another car to move so we could park. An elder lady comes out of the store, gets in her car, starts it up and backs straight into our passenger door. Mind you we were sitting there in plain view the whole time. That kind of behavior is dangerous, she could have just as easily took out a pedestrian.

When my mother started having cognitive issues we took her keys away. It was not an easy conversation to have but it was the right thing to do, not only for her but for others.

I think a lot of younger drivers get into accidents by doing stupid things they know better not to do, but many elder drivers have slower reaction times and fogged thinking. They may be as careful as their brain allows, but it may not be good enough.

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
man AZ you cause a Viral thread over a broke Mirror :) Need a YouTube channel where you can get paid.

It happens and it sux but when you said you didn't drop a few F bombs on her people should calm down.

But I still don't think it's age related, may not have been vision related but her just trying to say she is sorry. Also she may not have been trying to leave but knowing she hit your car and trying to stop the damage and park.

My dad drove until he was 85 and never had a wreck..Mom couldn't see and he drove her to doctors visits...His issue was his memory so we told him no more driving :)

Sponsored

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Years ago, my wife and I were sitting in a car in an aisle waiting for another car to move so we could park. An elder lady comes out of the store, gets in her car, starts it up and backs straight into our passenger door. Mind you we were sitting there in plain view the whole time. That kind of behavior is dangerous, she could have just as easily took out a pedestrian.

When my mother started having cognitive issues we took her keys away. It was not an easy conversation to have but it was the right thing to do, not only for her but for others.

I think a lot of younger drivers get into accidents by doing stupid things they know better not to do, but many elder drivers have slower reaction times and fogged thinking. They may be as careful as their brain allows, but it may not be good enough.
LOL I was at a store and a Girl who looked maybe 18 backed into me and got out holding her cell phone and said " I told my friend I think I just backed into somebody "

Don't get me wrong there are bad drivers at all ages but accidents do happen :)

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec

Keep in mind that “having a hard conversation“ and/or “taking the keys away” may or not work in every case. We tried all that with my Dad to no avail whatsoever. He just gave us the finger. Finally, after his 95th birthday it got so bad that we had to place an anonymous call to his local county’s SO, who sat outside the gate to his subdivision and slow trailed him until he screwed up. Didn’t take long. They then pulled his plates and notified his insurance company. They later busted him riding his Rascal down the fast lane of S.C. 4-lane state highway 72 headed downtown in Greenwood. He was hard core all the way.

OP
OP
AZ_Ryan

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
man AZ you cause a Viral thread over a broke Mirror :) Need a YouTube channel where you can get paid.

It happens and it sux but when you said you didn't drop a few F bombs on her people should calm down.

But I still don't think it's age related, may not have been vision related but her just trying to say she is sorry. Also she may not have been trying to leave but knowing she hit your car and trying to stop the damage and park.

My dad drove until he was 85 and never had a wreck..Mom couldn't see and he drove her to doctors visits...His issue was his memory so we told him no more driving :)
So I caught her AFTER she had already parked, did the damage, and went to her doctors appointment. When she returned, she knew she hit my car because I saw her looking at it and talking to herself before she got in her truck and was about to leave. She had no intention of leaving a note and didn't know I was watching from the sidewalk when she came out.

Anyway, as of right now insurance hasn't been able to contact her. Stay tuned...

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
So I caught her AFTER she had already parked, did the damage, and went to her doctors appointment. When she returned, she knew she hit my car because I saw her looking at it and talking to herself before she got in her truck and was about to leave. She had no intention of leaving a note and didn't know I was watching from the sidewalk when she came out.

Anyway, as of right now insurance hasn't been able to contact her. Stay tuned...
Also since she hit you you have the right to insist on Ford parts and a rental car..Might not get everything but she is clearly at fault.

Good luck and glad its not worse.

OP
OP
AZ_Ryan

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Keep in mind that “having a hard conversation“ and/or “taking the keys away” may or not work in every case. We tried all that with my Dad to no avail whatsoever. He just gave us the finger. Finally, after his 95th birthday it got so bad that we had to place an anonymous call to his local county’s SO, who sat outside the gate to his subdivision and slow trailed him until he screwed up. Didn’t take long. They then pulled his plates and notified his insurance company. They later busted him riding his Rascal down the fast lane of S.C. 4-lane state highway 72 headed downtown in Greenwood. He was hard core all the way.
Some years ago, my family had to petition the state and forcibly remove my 98 year old grandfather from his house. It was absolutely heartbreaking. But he had dementia and was declining terribly. Just a few years before that we took his keys and sold his car after he had a couple fender benders. It was absolutely frightening he was driving into his mid 90s.

The bottom line is, most peoples driving skills rapidly decline later in life whether THEY think so or not. And yes, I do think after a certian age, you should be tested annually, and not have to just answer questions about traffic laws. There are several retirement communities in my area, and the crap my wife and I see on a daily basis is frightening. Just last year a woman in her 70s ran over and killed someone pulling out of a parking space in a local mall parking lot because she thought she was hitting the brake but was actually hitting the accelerator. That's a far cry from some teenager who rear-ends you because they were texting.
Sponsored

Last edited: