Sponsored

So is the Fighter Jet Gray color a love it or hate it kind of thing?

chorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
C
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
not sure if this has been noticed but i believe another FJG Appearance Package's unique features is in it's hood livery which exclusively contains metallic flake in the middle section and in the front edge "Mach1" text (which pops in the sun), all other M1s' middle hood livery and text is just plain Satin Black.

FJG 2021 M1.jpeg
VB 2021 M1.jpg
RR 2021 M1.jpg

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
not sure if this has been noticed but i believe another FJG Appearance Package's unique features is in it's hood livery which exclusively contains metallic flake in the middle section and in the front edge "Mach1" text (which pops in the sun), all other M1s' middle hood livery and text is just plain Satin Black.

FJG 2021 M1.jpeg
VB 2021 M1.jpg
RR 2021 M1.jpg
You are right, wish my hood decal was like that :-(

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, FJG has metallic flakes in it. Though the other are not that plain as it seems on closer look, the rough texture makes it much more matte and less reflective. Beats me why Ford chose two versions. And for us PPF'ers it was just an unnecessary obstacle...

Sponsored

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w 3rd pedal delete
FWIW I removed the hood decal from my FJG Mach 1 and it appeared to be a metal foil rather than the vinyl I was expecting. It might explain the metallic effect in the FJG stripe.

Last edited:
OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec

FJG 2021 M1.jpeg
VB 2021 M1.jpg
RR 2021 M1.jpg
Yes, FJG has metallic flakes in it. Though the other are not that plain as it seems on closer look, the rough texture makes it much more matte and less reflective. Beats me why Ford chose two versions. And for us PPF'ers it was just an unnecessary obstacle...
Chorse, I have to say that when I saw your post last night it was something I had never noticed on my FJG 2022. I just thought the center part was matte black. So I went out to the garage but didn’t have enough light to see what you were talking about. This morning I can indeed pick up the metallic you point out pretty easily. It’s very obvious in your well-lit pic.

Charlemagne, I know a lot of posters in this thread disagree with this but the only reason I can imagine Ford making two versions is to make one version special, if not iconic. Maybe throwing a bone to those who popped for the $1250 appearance package?

chorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
C
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Chorse, I have to say that when I saw your post last night it was something I had never noticed on my FJG 2022. I just thought the center part was matte black. So I went out to the garage but didn’t have enough light to see what you were talking about. This morning I can indeed pick up the metallic you point out pretty easily. It’s very obvious in your well-lit pic.

Charlemagne, I know a lot of posters in this thread disagree with this but the only reason I can imagine Ford making two versions is to make one version special, if not iconic. Maybe throwing a bone to those who popped for the $1250 appearance package?
it's my understanding originally; the M1 was going to be offered as a two year model only (2021 & 2022) but now i hear there will be a 2023 M1? if so, will it be on a S550 body or a S650 body?
...and as a last run, will the Appearance Package be offered to all the exterior colors available?

i think it would look nice on an Eruption Green M1 or one could find a salvageable FJG, take the orange calipers, orange accent seats and order OEM FJG livery...

EG 2022 m1_a.jpg
EG 2022 M1_b.JPG
EG 2022 M1_c.jpg

lastly, i gather you are also aware the orange/red/white stripe(s) in the livery is somewhat reflective, right? i found a couple night photos where that is noticeable, ck it...

20220910_203433.jpg
20211104_090328.jpg
1661928924707.jpeg

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1
My wife and I looked at FJG in person and we both came away saying we don't hate it. We also looked at grabber blue and it's not as milky as it used to be.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
it's my understanding originally; the M1 was going to be offered as a two year model only (2021 & 2022) but now i hear there will be a 2023 M1? if so, will it be on a S550 body or a S650 body?
...and as a last run, will the Appearance Package be offered to all the exterior colors available?

i think it would look nice on an Eruption Green M1 or one could find a salvageable FJG, take the orange calipers, orange accent seats and order OEM FJG livery...

EG 2022 m1_a.jpg
EG 2022 M1_b.JPG
EG 2022 M1_c.jpg

lastly, i gather you are also aware the orange/red/white stripe(s) in the livery is somewhat reflective, right? i found a couple night photos where that is noticeable, ck it...

20220910_203433.jpg
20211104_090328.jpg
1661928924707.jpeg
M1 is offered as a MY23 (s550). The same that’s been offered the last 2 years, no real changes as far as packages, color combos, etc. And the order banks close the 5th so there won’t be a ton made.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
My wife and I looked at FJG in person and we both came away saying we don't hate it. We also looked at grabber blue and it's not as milky as it used to be.
Ford added metal flake to GB, which I think helped from previous GB colors. I liked GB on the 2017 (wasn’t my favorite though, that was Triple Yellow) but I love it on my ‘22.

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1
Ford added metal flake to GB, which I think helped from previous GB colors. I liked GB on the 2017 (wasn’t my favorite though, that was Triple Yellow) but I love it on my ‘22.
The 2013 grabber blue was milky, I like it but the wife doesn't care for it. I do think the metal flake added to the 22 GB looks better. I wouldn't mind having a 13 grabber blue Boss though. :sunglasses:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The 2013 grabber blue was milky, I like it but the wife doesn't care for it. I do think the metal flake added to the 22 GB looks better. I wouldn't mind having a 13 grabber blue Boss though. :sunglasses:
Oh yeah, sign me up for a GB Boss too!

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, they are! Original Mach 1 had reflective stripes too :like: It looks great at night under lights.

glmarker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang premium Mach 1 FJG and 1964.5 Mustang
Back in February 22 our Mustang club held a car show. I took my FJG Mach 1 expecting to be the only one there. Believe it or not, there were four FJG Mach 1's and one white Mach 1. I felt like I was driving a new york city taxi cab!!! Regardless I still prefer the FJG, even if it's a common color. We actually have two FJG Mach 1's in our Mustang club now!!!
Sponsored