I hate bad old drivers.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I could see how it read that way. I was definitely upset, and still am. But straight up verbally abusing old people (or anyone for that matter) isn't my MO. She eventually owned up and we parted civilly.

I filled a claim with her insurance this afternoon. They said they needed to verify what happened with her before they can approve repairs. Hopefully she does the right thing and doesn't change her story. I've had a bad track record with people taking responsibility lately.
Hopefully it all works out how itā€™s supposed to and your car is good as new again in short order. Definitely sucks
Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
My kids call older drivers who are driving slow or weaving DWO (Driving while old) and the 90+ real old people who cannot even walk or see two feet in front of them, but drive, DWRO (driving while REAL old). Lol

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
You go, Radar!!!

Sponsored

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
Hey nowā€¦. I bought my convertible when I was 36 (currently 49)!!! šŸ¤£

Iā€™m more worried about Michiganā€™s out of control Whitetail Deer population:
IMG_5246.jpeg
I know it all too well, Iā€™ve totaled 2 trucks on Michigan whitetail lol

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I was at work this morning when one of my co-workers said I needed to go check my car.

An old lady driving a heap of s**t work truck, had parked so close that she broke my mirror and scrapped my door.

After these photos she came out and was getting ready to leave! I was waiting and stoped her. She started crying (no, I didn't yell at her) and said she has trouble seeing and was getting a "mental check" at the doctors office in my building. She said she heard it break but didn't know what happened. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø I got her insurance and her contact info after a few f-bombs (mostly to my self) she left.

And no, I couldn't have parked father away. It's a small parking lot.

And these photos are AFTER she straighted out and moved away from my car. šŸ¤¬
20240229_113038.png

20240229_113108.png

20240229_113139.png
Ryan, I guess Iā€™m a little surprised at your post. Youā€™re normally a thoughtful and reasoned guy. Well actually the post itself is justifiable; I guess itā€™s just the title. Maybe just understandable frustration.

Anyway, the obvious point is your implication that all drivers somehow turn into bad drivers at some particular age is way off base. Some do, some donā€™t. You just canā€™t paint us all with such a broad brush. Itā€™s not a universal truth.

I personally hate bad drivers of any age. Disclaimer: Iā€™m 74 and hold my own pretty well.

Blufc3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Premium GT PP1, 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
The 1st post stated that keys need taken away at age 70 ? You can't be serious. 70 ? Everyone needs to stop driving at 70 because of 1 person ?
Guess I would have missed out on the last 10 years (Iā€™m 80) of enjoying my Mustang, 350Z, Rx7 that I put an Lt1 in and an FJ1200.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
I was at work this morning when one of my co-workers said I needed to go check my car.

An old lady driving a heap of s**t work truck, had parked so close that she broke my mirror and scrapped my door.

After these photos she came out and was getting ready to leave! I was waiting and stoped her. She started crying (no, I didn't yell at her) and said she has trouble seeing and was getting a "mental check" at the doctors office in my building. She said she heard it break but didn't know what happened. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø I got her insurance and her contact info after a few f-bombs (mostly to my self) she left.

And no, I couldn't have parked father away. It's a small parking lot.

And these photos are AFTER she straighted out and moved away from my car. šŸ¤¬
20240229_113038.png

20240229_113108.png

20240229_113139.png
That sucks! At least you were able to track her down. Years ago I was at Home Depot with my 06GT and parked away from everyone. Came out after shopping to find a nice dent in driver fender from some AZZ that let their door fly open. I don't own it anymore but can still see that dent!

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
That sucks! At least you were able to track her down. Years ago I was at Home Depot with my 06GT and parked away from everyone. Came out after shopping to find a nice dent in driver fender from some AZZ that let their door fly open. I don't own it anymore but can still see that dent!
I get it, for sure.

Iā€™m a long time hater of folks who inflict door dings on nearby cars. Hopefully the statute has run, but when I was only 16 I used to carry a ball peen hammer with me in the glove box of my ā€˜63 Corvair Monza. No careless deed went unpunished.

Sponsored

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
How does and elderly driver side swiping another vehicle while trying to park, and admitting to having vision difficulty not about age?

And if I could have parked further away, I would have. But thanks for the sympathy. Hopefully that never happens to your new Mach 1.
It is the fact you group all older drivers as such. Grow up.

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
He said yearly evaluations, not remove privileges. Unless, of course they fail the eval...

I live less than an hour from Branson MO, I am 100% in support of yearly evaluations at a certain age. And yes, I would include myself in that once I reach that age.
Before he edited the original post it did.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
I have reached that age group....sigh.

Some of the more violent accidents seem to be cars drifting over the center line without cause. When you look at the age of the drivers, they range from 17-89. Seems distracted driving is a significant cause of major accidents.

However, I have seen a few scary situations with seniors in parking lots. As one, that is why I try to park as far away as possible.

CVCashmere

OP
OP
AZ_Ryan

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Before he edited the original post it did.
It was a sarcastic remark that everyone took seriously and freaked out about. That's why I removed it.

Unfortunatly we're now on page 7, and overly sensitive people like you can't stop beating a dead horse. Grow thicker skin and move on.