^ what he said, did anything else change apart from 911 stuff
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
What made it annoying?
I don't remember exactly why (5 freaking chemos in 6 years are not good for the memory... or anything else. Ha ha), but I didn't like it. Tried it on my ex-2018 F150 Platinum though, not the Mustang. But should be about the same. The main reason to switch back was the 911 issue, but also something changed in the nav, besides the different symbols I didn't like.

But don't listen to me. If you don't mind losing the 911 feature, just change it and give it a try. If you don't like it, just change it back, like I did. Easy peasy :).

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I'm really looking forward to hooking up my car and playing around with ForScan.

Sorry to hear about your chemo, man. Hope you're OK.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Thanks brother. Need treatment again, so we'll see if I make it out of this one. Ha ha. Nobody knows what I have, so I'm getting at the end of the rope. Just need to get the 2nd COVID vaccine (March 29), and wait 2 weeks, before I can start yet again. Oh well. Hope I can last at least one year more, so I get to hit 60. We'll see :). Thank you for asking.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
What made it annoying?
I guess it's the small UI differences here and there - speed limit symbols, colour and shape of road signs in the junction view, etc. Plus, I suspect the navi and voice control language might change from American to British English - it happened to me in my Mondeo when I accidentally used an American package for a software update.
While there's no reason why one style should be "better" than the other, it's still annoying when it's different from what you're used to.

Last edited:

Sponsored

lokerola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
OK, so your point is you would rather not have nothing at all instead of something useful that you could only access 80% of while your moving. Read that a few times over and see if there is any logic in it at all.

Iā€™m sorry but your argument that full access would actually be safer than partial access is as I said earlier ridiculous. Safety is what is most important. If that inconveniences you, well tough.
OK, so your point is you would rather not have nothing at all instead of something useful that you could only access 80% of while your moving. Read that a few times over and see if there is any logic in it at all.

Iā€™m sorry but your argument that full access would actually be safer than partial access is as I said earlier ridiculous. Safety is what is most important. If that inconveniences you, well tough.
Thanks brother. Need treatment again, so we'll see if I make it out of this one. Ha ha. Nobody knows what I have, so I'm getting at the end of the rope. Just need to get the 2nd COVID vaccine (March 29), and wait 2 weeks, before I can start yet again. Oh well. Hope I can last at least one year more, so I get to hit 60. We'll see :). Thank you for asking.
Hoping that chemo goes well man, hang in there!

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
That's exactly what it is. The 5753 code is for the EU (European Union). But it has drawbacks, like no automatic 911 calling (with airbag deployment), nav changes, etc. I tried it, but was annoying, so switched back to stock.
This is good to know. thanks!

Helltime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
85 Mustang GT, 2019 Audi A4, 2023 MCS, 2004 BMW Z4
trimmed or untrimmed? With Trojan or without? Lube?

Ha! try a VW sometime if you want to experience the heavy hand of Mommy Gov't.
Yeah, my 2019 GLI was locked down, thankfully with OBDeleven I was able to unlock everything.
Sucks to here my mustang will be the same way but lack of options to disable it.

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
on my 19 Tacoma, I was able to pull the stereo and snip one wire which allows my passenger to use the nav unit while I'm driving. Took me about 15 minutes, tops. Wish it was this easy on this car. I agree, the driver should not be distracted, but it sucks when the passenger cant enter in addresses. I'll be watching to see if anyone tries this before I get to it with Forscan.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Doug V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Iā€˜m sorry guys but really? Have you not heard of distracted driving? How many posts have been posted on this forum about barely missing accidents with drivers texting, talking on their phone, shaving, doing makeup, etc., etc. Yet playing with Sync is OK. Well no itā€™s not. Those lockouts are for your safety and mine. Donā€™t want to take a couple of minutes of your valuable time to pull over. Fine use voice controls. That what they are there for.

We all bitch and complain about tons of stuff on this forum but this one is just ridiculous. Just MHO, of course.
Its not texting, just changing a song. being able to change a radio station but not a song, is moronic.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Its not texting, just changing a song. being able to change a radio station but not a song, is moronic.
back in my day we listened to the whole damn record (or 7" reel to reel) from start to end including the shitty songs in the middle! get off my LAWN you whipper-snappers.

"skipping a song", well I never!
Sponsored