FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
has to be because of navigation module. I have never been disabled out of anything, eq, music, pandora, playing on anything/everything while driving. its all allowable at any speed
Sponsored

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Is the 4 inch screen system that has all the locks. The wifes 8 inch screen doesn't lock you out.

lokerola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Is the 4 inch screen system that has all the locks. The wifes 8 inch screen doesn't lock you out.
I have the 8" screen. It's not that it totally locks you out. It just locks certain features. When I open Spotify and go to playlists, I can only scroll through about 25% of my playlists. It's like Ford only thinks you need access to a certain amount of your content in CarPlay. If the car is in park, then I can scroll through all my playlists and all content. In an effort to make CarPlay "safer" by preventing you from accessing it via CarPlay, it's actually less safe because now I'll grab my phone, unlock it, find the app, scroll through my playlists, then put the phone back. It's technology meets lawyers in all the dumbest ways.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Iā€˜m sorry guys but really? Have you not heard of distracted driving? How many posts have been posted on this forum about barely missing accidents with drivers texting, talking on their phone, shaving, doing makeup, etc., etc. Yet playing with Sync is OK. Well no itā€™s not. Those lockouts are for your safety and mine. Donā€™t want to take a couple of minutes of your valuable time to pull over. Fine use voice controls. That what they are there for.

We all bitch and complain about tons of stuff on this forum but this one is just ridiculous. Just MHO, of course.

lokerola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, but it's not ridiculous. I would argue that having CarPlay at all is a distraction. Making it half useful is just making it more frustrating and distracting. IMHO of course.

Sponsored

JJSSI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 EcoBoost HPP w/Handling Package, 2004 Boxster S, 2013 Jeep JK,
Vehicle Showcase
I used a Naviks device on my Honda Ridgeline for motion bypass and it works great. They have one for the Mustang but I have not tried it since the voice commands work ok so far. A little pricey though at $200.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I used a Naviks device on my Honda Ridgeline for motion bypass and it works great. They have one for the Mustang but I have not tried it since the voice commands work ok so far. A little pricey though at $200.
What is the purpose of the Naviks?

JJSSI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 EcoBoost HPP w/Handling Package, 2004 Boxster S, 2013 Jeep JK,
Vehicle Showcase
Some of the manual inputs for navigation and audio are disabled when the car is in motion (for example: scrolling thru music titles or inputting navigation searches).
The Naviks allows all inputs while moving. I find it useful so the passenger can use it while moving. I just use the voice controls when by myself.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I can't find any install info. Anyone using this?

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase

lokerola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
trimmed or untrimmed? With Trojan or without? Lube?

Ha! try a VW sometime if you want to experience the heavy hand of Mommy Gov't.
I had a 17 GTI for a hot second and don't remember it being this bad. But my memory ain't what it used to be!

lokerola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Naviks is proud to offer our video in motion devices that allow you to use functions that are locked out when the car is in motion.

https://naviks.com/c-1136679-video-in-motion.html
Some of the manual inputs for navigation and audio are disabled when the car is in motion (for example: scrolling thru music titles or inputting navigation searches).
The Naviks allows all inputs while moving. I find it useful so the passenger can use it while moving. I just use the voice controls when by myself.
The Naviks looks promising - thanks!

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
I get the distracted driving comment but it's annoying when your co-pilot can't enter a destination either. Even a pop-up asking you to confirm you are not the driver of the car with an OK button would be better than this. And with a strong accent my attempts to use voice recognition are laughable at best and may result in me setting fire to my own car!

Hell I struggle to order coffee at McDonalds, you know they didn't get it when you're asked do you want fries with that after asking for a coffee.

Now try voice commanding an address in to Sync and it's trying to send you to Mexico.
Sponsored