cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
This ^^^

I'd much rather have my car be more on the stealthy side - more performance potential of one sort or another than its exhaust might be advertising. That said, I could stand for my '08 to have just a little more 'voice' above 4000 rpm for when I'm driving it on the track with a helmet on and trying to capture it on GoPro. But I'm not going to mess with that car's exhaust until it needs replacement. Not worth it for the sound alone (yet). Though I think I still have a pair of Hooker straight-thru's tucked away somewhere that might just do the trick . . . if I'm really lucky they might even emphasize the characteristic sound of the X-pipe I've already put in.

I hear you on "hearing issues" - I need to wear haring aids for some situations, such as watching TV or for extended conversations.

Norm
I blame it on being married for 40 + years .......... :wink: :bow:
Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
@Norm Peterson, I can respect your opinion sir, however, I feel as if a Iā€™ve accomplished exactly what I had hoped to accomplish with my carā€™s intake and exhaust system. I made it sound good to my ears, while more importantly, making it possible for the engine to inhale/exhale better than it did from the factory. This was especially important to me because of my power adder. I personally donā€™t think any factory Mustang exhaust sounds good (to my ears), either with or without active exhaust, but thatā€™s just my opinion. I do understand that every car enthusiastā€™s taste or sound preference may vary from one to the next and thatā€™s ok with me. With that being said, I say, to all Mustang owners: ā€œset your car up the way you want and as long as you like it, thatā€™s all that really matters.ā€

Lastly, I am curious to know though, whether a person who was looking to buy a new Mustang would purchase one with LTHs or the factory exhaust if there was no difference in price?
Heh ...... I'd love LTH's on my 5.0 if they were factory installed/tuned for the car. Had them on the C6 and they made a major difference. To bad the engine in the Z06 was such a piece of garbage.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Heh ...... I'd love LTH's on my 5.0 if they were factory installed/tuned for the car. Had them on the C6 and they made a major difference. To bad the engine in the Z06 was such a piece of garbage.
LOL! My guess is, a lot more people would too, if they were factory installed and tuned.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Along with a factory CAI equal to JLT's. :clap: Along with ................. the intake and throttle body from the Mach1. :rockon:

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Belly up to the bar Bob. Track mode or go home. Fair warning though, it is intoxicating.
Ok ok you called me out šŸ˜ƒ
Ran it in sport and track mode today šŸ˜Š
Sounds great. Nice growl! I was only around town so didnā€™t really open it up but there is a big difference šŸ˜ƒ
Now back to stealth normal mode šŸ˜ƒ

Sponsored

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
I searched the threads on AE and found nothing about comparative sounds, just wiring and aftermarket version discussion.

I'm ordering a a '22 Monday (barring him telling me there is a year's wait for production) and am thinking about this option. I have a base '19 GT, how much louder is the rumble?

Also, I'm going to end up with the 9 speaker package I'm sure, but just so I know what to expect, is it decent?

My '19 was a spur of the moment purchase and it's very basic, need a few more options while keeping it stock.

Thanks for the input!
AE and the digital dash were the 2 main options I was looking for when I bought my car. To me, it's the best of both worlds with a resonator delete x pipe. Loud and quiet.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The catch is that different people have different reference points for what constitutes "loud".
Agreed. But in Quiet mode I don't perceive it to be any louder than many of the run-of-the-mill cars that we have around here. It isn't noticeably louder than my neighbour's Range Rover or my buddy's VW Golf diesel, for instance.
Normal mode is definitely loud by our standards. Quiet mode isn't.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Normal mode is definitely loud by our standards. Quiet mode isn't.
I would agree, by U.K. standards these are quite loud.

My sister cringed when I (warm) started my car outside her house at night.

My car was on the drive whilst I cleaned it today and one of the neighbours stopped for a chat whilst walking his dog. Commented that he was surprised to see it on the front as he hadnā€™t heard it start ā€¦ (he probably lives 100 to 150 ish meters away and we are separated by gardens, wooden fencing etc).

WD :like:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
@Norm Peterson, I can respect your opinion sir, however, I feel as if a Iā€™ve accomplished exactly what I had hoped to accomplish with my carā€™s intake and exhaust system. I made it sound good to my ears, while more importantly, making it possible for the engine to inhale/exhale better than it did from the factory. This was especially important to me because of my power adder. I personally donā€™t think any factory Mustang exhaust sounds good (to my ears), either with or without active exhaust, but thatā€™s just my opinion.
We probably agree on everything to this point.

I do understand that every car enthusiastā€™s taste or sound preference may vary from one to the next and thatā€™s ok with me.
I have a feeling that younger enthusiasts ended up with a somewhat distorted opinion of what sounds good. I'm looking at you, Flowmaster.

Lastly, I am curious to know though, whether a person who was looking to buy a new Mustang would purchase one with LTHs or the factory exhaust if there was no difference in price?
Time was when I might have, but any more I don't think I would. The gains aren't as big as they used to be, gaskets leak, and tubes sometimes crack at the welds. I'm getting too old to even want to think about dealing with the latter two.

Norm

Sponsored

BabyPanza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cheryl
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi SQ5
All the stereo options in the Mustang suck. If you are serious about sound quality you'll be upgrading everything beyond the head unit. Did you get the 301A package? Do they still call it that? The one with the 8" touch screen.
Granted like exhaust loudness, stereo sound/quality is subjective, but we think our B&O kicks ass! The 9 speaker is horrible!!

The AE is quite loud, loud enough for sure, donā€™t need resonator delete unless your goal is to be annoying to everyone around you. Track is super loud, quiet start is great so youā€™re not a complete douche to your neighbors although still pretty loud. Normal is good for cruising around and one thing the AE does better than any aftermarket whether resonator delete or not, it doesnā€™t drone at all. Highly recommend it and the B&O.

Prymetime1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS,
Ok ok you called me out šŸ˜ƒ
Ran it in sport and track mode today šŸ˜Š
Sounds great. Nice growl! I was only around town so didnā€™t really open it up but there is a big difference šŸ˜ƒ
Now back to stealth normal mode šŸ˜ƒ
I didnt want to be the one to call ya out but....its good stuff! :thumbsup: Adding an C&L H pipe in this week.

Thesauerchise

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Kia Optima, 2021 Mach 1
I searched the threads on AE and found nothing about comparative sounds, just wiring and aftermarket version discussion.

I'm ordering a a '22 Monday (barring him telling me there is a year's wait for production) and am thinking about this option. I have a base '19 GT, how much louder is the rumble?

Also, I'm going to end up with the 9 speaker package I'm sure, but just so I know what to expect, is it decent?

My '19 was a spur of the moment purchase and it's very basic, need a few more options while keeping it stock.

Thanks for the input!
I will add my vote for AE. Itā€™s standard on the Mach and I now couldnā€™t live without it. Quiet is legit tame, normal is a good sound but nothing crazy. Sport and track give you an adrenaline rush just from the sound. The differences are noticeable and appropriate IMO. Big big fan

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
[QUOTE="compprep, post: 3382928, member: 41560"
IIRC it's so loud that you can't get it in Europe as it doesn't meet their noise standards.
Your idea of loud vs mine or anyone else's is different also.
There must be someone near you with the AE that could give you a ride.
[/QUOTE]
It's loud enough to make the condo owners in my bldg complain. :like: I think it's just right.

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
AE or bust. I personally didn't think it was loud enough, so went Borla ATAK with a double H pipe.
Sponsored