Sponsored

How loud is Active Exhaust?

Cpcloud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - 6MT
I love my AE.

Quiet mode on long trips & Sport/Track for everything else.

Stangomydreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Cali Special Convertible
After having a mustang with AE it is the number one thing Iā€™d look for if buying again. Well second to the coyote of course.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
AE modes can be changed on the fly btw. I do it all the time. Great fun when I want to aggravate a Prius driver. :crackup:

Huh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 MUSTANG GT
I have a 19 with AE in track mode under decent throttle it was loud enough for me, but too quite when not under any. Slapped on a h-pipe. I think its perfect now, a lot louder, lots of cool noises.

#1ford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium convertble antimatter blue
Vehicle Showcase
I am personally very impressed with the B&O 12 speaker system! Even with the top down I give it a thumbs up

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I have premium with 400A but I also have the Cali special package so my seats are unique. I believe the leather seating options differ between 400A and 401A with premium package. The build configurator on fords website will help show what you can get. 400A is also with analog gauges. Not the digital display. As far as active valve exhaust, itā€™s great. I have mine programmed for quiet mode from late night to 9am. After that it defaults to normal. Normal has a nice growl, itā€™s not obnoxious and you can hear yourself in the cabin. I have not used sport or track yet but I know from other posts that they are louder. AVE is a good option.
Belly up to the bar Bob. Track mode or go home. Fair warning though, it is intoxicating.

Sponsored

Dark Stallion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Fastback
Itā€™s a fair bit louder than stock. Get an H pipe and it will be even louder/deeper in tone. Itā€™s makes way more of a difference between quiet and track mode! The cold starts can be nasty in winter tho even with quiet start enabled. The initial bark can be way to loud to call it a quiet start. The morning after I got the H pipe installed I turned the car on (5:45am) and the ā€œquiet startā€ ROARED for a second before the exhaust valves closed. I was thinking ā€œWHAT HAVE I DONE?!ā€ But after a couple weeks it gets a bit quieter (every once in a while itā€™s barks super loud before the valves close). For the price itā€™s the best modification you can make to your car IMO.

9 speaker is subjective. I think it sounds awesome but needed more bass. I put in a 10ā€ sub in the trunk and now Iā€™m set šŸ˜Ž

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
AE is a must. Love mine. Was great when new but better after I put an X pipe on. It was an option I really wanted along with the 401a pp1.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Add headers if itā€™s too quiet :) put it in quiet mode if the headers make it too loud. Buy the Borla kit if itā€™s too tinny afterwards.

I havenā€™t installed my borla yet but Iā€™m anticipating it being loud. I drive in track mode and itā€™s noisy. No drone though.

Needless to say. I love the AE.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Add headers if itā€™s too quiet :) put it in quiet mode if the headers make it too loud. Buy the Borla kit if itā€™s too tinny afterwards.

I havenā€™t installed my borla yet but Iā€™m anticipating it being loud. I drive in track mode and itā€™s noisy. No drone though.

Needless to say. I love the AE.
I agree. I think headers really fine-tuned the sound of my factory AE. I thought about swapping the AE for something else, but Iā€™m glad I tried it with the headers and x-pipe first. I now have exactly the sound that I was looking for.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
IIRC it's so loud that you can't get it in Europe as it doesn't meet their noise standards.
No, it's not. We do get it in Europe, and it's even standard at that.

I did not get a GT becaue too loud with or without AE and could not find a way to make it livable. Had I know about the euro config I would have assessed fitting that.
There's no particular Euro config for the exhaust, we simply get AE as standard in Europe.
AE in Quiet mode is really quiet, it doesn't seem any louder to me than the average diesel saloon. Frankly, I don't know why you found it impossible to live with. I even find it too quiet. I only use it for the first few hundred yards if I have to leave home during the night, otherwise it's Track mode all the time.
Sponsored

Last edited: