High Mile GT350?

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R 'Hellbat'
Hey folks!

I've found a few high mile (mid 40k miles) GT350s for sale. All high 30s. Seems like this is a quality deal for the type of car this is. Should I fight for a better deal on them? One is 39k the other is 37k.

I haven't seen too many folks on here with high mileage 350s, so I'm curious what everyone thought.
Sponsored

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
well at 37k and 39k miles, you're just past the bumper to bumper warranty. coincidence to sell right after warranty expires? i'd personally be wondering myself. now, if they got an extended plan that would be really nice to have for you. otherwise, it's sort of a crap shoot. i'd at least do a compression test done prior to purchase and find out about any excessive oil consumption matters. a/c might be another concern too.

personally i'd pass on so many miles. get one still under the bumper to bumper and add an extended plan yourself. hey both could be amazing, flawless cars...or they might not be. just my 2c.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I don't think the engine will be worn out with 30k - 40k miles. The same goes for most other systems. Brakes might be close to needing maintenance - even new rotors depending on how the car has been used. But it's going to run and make power like a brand new Voodoo.

You have to decide your tolerance for risk. I've owned many older vehicles with no warranty in the past, but none where the engine could cost $20k to replace. I've recently owned a couple Fords with over 200k miles on them. Rock solid reliable, both of them. How reliable will the Voodoo be long term? Some people have had really poor luck with them, and others have had zero problems. I drove my 2016 like a normal car on the street and beat on it at the track and it worked great. I even drove my Voodoo in below zero temperatures a few times. Flawless. But I know a local guy who had two different engines fail. Why? I wish I knew.

I've also been thinking about this a lot. And I'd really rather not own a GT350 with no warranty at all. I'm not as worried about a bumper to bumper warranty - more the powertrain warranty. I think most of the BTB potential failures won't be super expensive to repair and I think the Mustang platform in general is pretty good.

As much as I have some concern about the Voodoo's long term reliability and would prefer not to own one with no power train warranty, I'm probably going to buy another GT350. I think it's really great and worth the risk of a possible expensive future repair.

proeagles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2019 BMW X3, 2019 Honda Civic
When I keep a car longer than a couple of years I usually get rid of it when the warranty expires. Modern cars are just too damn expensive to fix. I think the basic car is pretty reliable but a GT 350 should have been rode hard and put away wet as I like to say. No telling how well it was driven or taken care of.

Sponsored

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
If engine sound good and there is good compression, I would not hesitate to buy a high mileage GT350 if in good shape. Computers don't fail nowadays... and if they do not a big deal to replace.
And you do have 5 years 60k powertrain warranty.

jlauth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
i still say be very cautious. a/c goes out and you're forking over a few thousand. and that aint covered under powertrain.
This is a good point if you do pick it up make sure to test the hell out of the AC. Lots of guys have had issues and that wouldnt be covered under the 5/60k powertrain of course.

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
i just sold my 2016 with 31k miles. i daily drove it. the ac got repaired under waranty by the dealer. engine ran smooth and no oil leaks. used a quart over 7500miles. i wouldnt worry about it. if it wasnt for the math i would still have it.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
If the GT350’s you’re looking at are on Ford lots, ask the selling Dealer or Sales person to give you a copy of the Ford OASIS report. That report will have a lot of info about the car; the below is just a sampling of what is available from OASIS:

1) Complete vehicle info
2) Warranty repair history (if repaired at a Ford Service Center)
3) Regular Maintenance history (if repaired at a Ford Service Center)
4) Extended Coverages (ie: ESP or maintenance plans)
5) Buy Back or Lemon info
6) Recall info
7) As Built data
8) Warning messages
9) general warranty info
10) accurate repair notifications

DIB2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 H.E GT350; 1968 Ford Bronco Sport
Just make sure you get the longest extended warranty they offer, then you won't have to worry about the motor popping.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
High milage is fine. I rather take a high mileage over a car that is low mileage and has been tracked.

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes