Toning down 18GT LTH Exhaust

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Let me preface this by saying I realize the original design led to this but I guess I just did not anticipate how brutal cold starts would be, though cruising and regular acceleration sound great. ARH 1 7/8 catted with direct connect for Corsa (Extreme). Even with the current tune to decrease cold starts it's intense.

Some options I am considering (if I don't just stick with it):
MF #10792 True X (3")
Pair of Vibrant bottle resonators
MF #12599 (3") somewhere in mid pipe
MF #12469 (3") somewhere in mid pipe

Anyone have any experience splicing anything like these with 3" piping or specifically the Corsa double x? Any other alternatives? Or is it more feasible to try swapping the axle back for something compatible?
Sponsored

Gojr47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I had the Extreme and switched to the Sport before I put on catless longtubes but the cold start is still very loud and I'm trying to quite it down as well. Post #6 in the thread below shows what another member did to the x pipe in order to put on bottle resonators. From what I've read on the forum, bottle/bullet resonators won't cut down on the volume much at all though. I want to get the magnaflow resonated true x but don't know how much my current set up needs to be modified to make it fit.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/cat-deletes-with-corsa-extreme-yey-or-nay.65515/

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Manga flow X will quiet it down a lot (and perhaps too much). LTH makes it hard to find a good setup I’m still looking for a good combo a half year later.....

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I had the Extreme and switched to the Sport before I put on catless longtubes but the cold start is still very loud and I'm trying to quite it down as well. Post #6 in the thread below shows what another member did to the x pipe in order to put on bottle resonators. From what I've read on the forum, bottle/bullet resonators won't cut down on the volume much at all though. I want to get the magnaflow resonated true x but don't know how much my current set up needs to be modified to make it fit.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/cat-deletes-with-corsa-extreme-yey-or-nay.65515/
Thanks for the feedback I would be interested as well.

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Manga flow X will quiet it down a lot (and perhaps too much). LTH makes it hard to find a good setup I’m still looking for a good combo a half year later.....
Wow too much?? How So?

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Wow too much?? How So?
Just made it super quiet compared to my setup before I installed LTH. Hard to believe it as I didn’t think it would be but it will most likely make the exhaust quieter than before you installed LTH. If you like the sound now the manga flow might not be a good option.

I was looking for a little more sound so I installed headers not knowing that there would be that big of a sound increase. But now with the magnaflow it is too quiet and I can’t really do much else myself unless I went with a quiet axle back and put my h pipe back on.

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Just made it super quiet compared to my setup before I installed LTH. Hard to believe it as I didn’t think it would be but it will most likely make the exhaust quieter than before you installed LTH. If you like the sound now the manga flow might not be a good option.

I was looking for a little more sound so I installed headers not knowing that there would be that big of a sound increase. But now with the magnaflow it is too quiet and I can’t really do much else myself unless I went with a quiet axle back and put my h pipe back on.
Ok thanks for that feedback. Would you compare the MF tru x with LTH almost the same volume as stock then?

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Ok thanks for that feedback. Would you compare the MF tru x with LTH almost the same volume as stock then?
Louder than stock but not the loud I’m used to. It’s still somewhat loud on cold starts and when you get on it.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Switch to the Sport catback. The resonated X-pipe neuters the sound too much (I had with the Xtreme mufflers after the Xtreme catback).

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Switch to the Sport catback. The resonated X-pipe neuters the sound too much (I had with the Xtreme mufflers after the Xtreme catback).
I was considering this as well. I even saw you advise this before adding LTH, but in my mind I just couldn't imagine the cold starts being any louder than the Extremes already were which I had become accustomed to lol. Silly me. I originally went Extreme as I thought I would not be going LTH. Well we see how that worked out. Goj above mentioned even the sports being pretty loud at cold start, would you call it a significant decrease or just slightly ?

Maybe I'll see if anyone local has a touring axle back they want to swap for the sports before outright buying another.

In the interim living in a condo it's completely open I'm trying to mitigate it by pulling into reverse as soon as firing it up which seems to calm it down quickly then coast out of the immediate area. Moving in a few months to a house with garage so hoping cold starts with door shut will also help.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I was considering this as well. I even saw you advise this before adding LTH, but in my mind I just couldn't imagine the cold starts being any louder than the Extremes already were which I had become accustomed to lol. Silly me. I originally went Extreme as I thought I would not be going LTH. Well we see how that worked out. Goj above mentioned even the sports being pretty loud at cold start, would you call it a significant decrease or just slightly ?

Maybe I'll see if anyone local has a touring axle back they want to swap for the sports before outright buying another.

In the interim living in a condo it's completely open I'm trying to mitigate it by pulling into reverse as soon as firing it up which seems to calm it down quickly then coast out of the immediate area. Moving in a few months to a house with garage so hoping cold starts with door shut will also help.
They are still loud but significantly quieter than the Xtreme. The first freezing day cold start last year with the Xtreme stunned me and I made the call to try and trade for the touring axleback. I'm very glad I did. I've heard the Sport catback with LTHs and it's a very nice sound. About the same volume as Xtreme with stock headers, I'd say.

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
They are still loud but significantly quieter than the Xtreme. The first freezing day cold start last year with the Xtreme stunned me and I made the call to try and trade for the touring axleback. I'm very glad I did. I've heard the Sport catback with LTHs and it's a very nice sound. About the same volume as Xtreme with stock headers, I'd say.
Comparable to Xtreme on stock headers? Ok thank you for that as I was fine with the cold starts before LTH. My concern was going through the trouble of making the switch then to find it was only a negligible difference on cold start.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Magnaflow Tru X worked great for my car. Its nice and deep now!

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I've been going through the same thing....a few lessons I've learned:

No perfect solution for 3" systems yet.

-Magnaflow 12469 is not a TruX, its a double Y with a single 3" center pipe in it
-Magnaflow 12599 is a TruX, but it's pipe spacing of 5.75" on center is too wide for our cars.
-Bottle type resonators won't do much to reduce volume, as they only have 1/2" of packing on a 3" system. They will reduce rasp and drone a bit.

The guys that really seem to be having luck are using the 12468(2.5) and reducing their pipes to fit.

As for me I have am catless with 2 magnaflow 18" resonators and MBRP street mufflers. The system is still too loud for me and raspy at WOT. I am admittedly very sensitive, most seem to love the sound of my car now.

Searching for a quieter muffler......

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
My 15' with LTH and Corsa Sport Catback with a Lund Tune has very reasonable cold starts.
Sponsored