HELP! My kid F*@&ed up my paint...

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
There are some cleaner waxes that claim to be able to take out paint overspray. I say claim because I haven’t tried it (my kids know better than to do stuff like that around the cars 😉). Chemical Guys Butter Wax is one such product. That would be your least aggressive method. An automotive adhesive remover might also do it. If no, DA and a light polish. Clay bar might work but they’re not really made for that.
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
There are some cleaner waxes that claim to be able to take out paint overspray. I say claim because I haven’t tried it (my kids know better than to do stuff like that around the cars 😉). Chemical Guys Butter Wax is one such product. That would be your least aggressive method. An automotive adhesive remover might also do it. If no, DA and a light polish. Clay bar might work but they’re not really made for that.
It’s quite amazing the things you can teach with an electrified cattle prod isn’t it? :like: :cwl:

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
No need for worry. This can be removed with a good high quality detail using a clay bar and polishing processes of the clear.

Now if he wrapped it around a pole doing some dumb$hit that would be a different story.

Enjoy that freshly polished car OP!

NeverSatisfied

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT 6MT Base
wash the car and then clay bar it. I’ve delt with this before and clay bar takes it right off

Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
At least this one seems pretty easy. My 2018 was two weeks old when my kid decided he would etch a square into my rear bumper with the trash key as he was taking it out. Then he doored it with my wife’s Kia shortly after. I was pissed but got over it when I put some scratches on my brand new rims the day I got them.

my 2019 has done better. I’m the first and only to hurt it. Stood my 2 ball bowling bag up next to the car and it fell over. The handle left a dent in my door at the very bottom but you really can’t see it.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
Simple clay bar. Polish after if you like but starting with polish will clog the pads. And the dude all about making his kids pay sounds like a shit father.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Clay bar as many have said - it will remove paint overspray particles.

If you do the clay bar yourself, be certain to keep the body label surface thoroughly lubed with any product it comes with or with a soapy/water solution. Don’t let the surface or the bar itself get dry when using any clay bar process.

BabyDoc1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sierra, ‘21 Expedition, ‘22 Mach 1
A magic eraser world wonders. Had a gallon of paint spill in the bed of my Sierra and my dumbass decided to use my pressure washer to get it out of the bed. Sprayed paint all over the truck. Magic eraser did great and then waxed. Looks as good as new

Sponsored

Nitrousfedlx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt pp/ 2015 Ford Escape
Any thoughts before his sister becomes an only child?
:cwl::cwl::cwl: I have a 2 year old boy and 12 and 14 year old girls. I can relate to ur pain right now about the boy! :cwl::cwl::cwl: My boy is 100 mph from the time he wakes up until he goes to bed! My girls were so cuddly when they were 2! Talk about opposite ends of the spectrum! Wouldn't trade them for anything in the world! Me and my brother both think a clay bar and elbow grease will get it done. Then maybe a spray ceramic detailer.

Trap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302
While the clay bar may do the trick, would still follow up with a good polish using a DA polisher, to get rid of any fine scratches left from claying the vehicle.

Deleted member 35644

If you can find some, there is an old school car polish called TR3 that will take it right off. It took a yellow spray paint off the side of my friend's Cadillac CTS which was vandalized. It should have no problem taking off over-spray.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Simple clay bar. Polish after if you like but starting with polish will clog the pads. And the dude all about making his kids pay sounds like a shit father.
Yes, a clay bar is the best practice, and polish, overspray is too bad, it's just a dusting.

Shit father?

That's called teaching the young man to take responsibility, and be accountabe for his actions.

The shit father never teaches these things and the rest of the world lives with the ass hat he produced & raised.

What type of father are you?

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Long story short my kid is doing a "project" in the garage and he thought it would be a great idea to spray paint in a closed garage with 2 cars. Both now feel like they are covered in grit. I tried a touch free, but it seems to have only had an marginal effect. I tried the wash bay with pressurized soap and the "foaming" brush which helped quite a bit, but left a lot in any contour/curved area.

Any thoughts before his sister becomes an only child?
This should be easy enough to deal with, although no less frustrating or time consuming.

First of all, please don't use a magic eraser, these are incredibly abrasive and will do more harm than good.

As countless have mentioned, start by using a clay bar. When I say clay bar, I mean a traditional clay bar and not the newer style rubberized clay blocks, towels and pads. While those items are great, traditional clay bars are known to be more effective at removing stubborn contamination. Make sure you use a good quality lubricant, either heavily soaped water or a quick detailer, I prefer a quick detailer for the added slickness.

Depending on how the paint looks after the clay process, you are more than likely going to need to do some polishing to remove any marring inflicted by the clay bar. (I always say, don't clay bar unless you have to as they have the ability to mar the paint). In this case, use a light finishing polish on a light to medium pad. Think Carpro Reflect, Sonax Perfect Finish or Meguiars M205.

From there, you can then wipe the car down with an IPA product like Gyeon Prep or Carpro Eraser and reapply your chosen LSP.

Another option for you might be Koch Chemie Ulex, a product that may save you from having to clay and then polish the whole car. This is a strong residue, overspray, sap and tar remover. Use it with caution and be sure to rinse the car afterwards to remove any remaining residue.

Koch-Chemie - Eulex | The Rag Company

Good luck.
Sponsored