Hellloooooo A10. Why didn't I upgrade sooner

Syphon5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50th Anniversary
Listen...no one cares how fast your car is. Literally no one. There is always a faster car. Might as well drive what you enjoy the most.
Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Masturbation certainly lets you control the "experience" :cwl:
Yes, this is what all the manual guys are rooting for. They just love manipulating their "manly" sticks themselves. Truth be told, I still have a 73 Cutlass Supreme 455 4 speed that I've owned since 1984. I went with a 4 speed because it was the better and faster option on that car. I went with the A10 on my Mustang because it's better and faster.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
When I bought my 301A GT, it was the second quickest Mustang ever produced by Ford, right behind the 2013 GT500, and only cost $37K. A bargain for a well optioned car to run 11's out of the showroom.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Winning is more fun than losing.
That depends. There's no fun in winning by using a perfect machine, which does everything itself and is designed not to lose. I'd rather try to win through my own skill. And if I lose, so be it, at least I've enjoyed trying.
A friend of mine has a BMW M4. In a drag race I would stand no chance against him. So what? I know I enjoy my Mustang more than I would enjoy his soulless dual-shift winning machine. We're friends, we're both enjoying our cars, and that fact that he could be faster than me in a straight line doesn't mean absolutely anything to me. Or to him, for that matter.
That's why I still have, and use, a photo darkroom. A modern digital camera will always 'win', but nothing in the world compares to that magic moment when you see the image appearing gradually in the developer tray - an image that's 100% the result of your skill, not the product of a Japanese computer. Not to me, anyway. Life isn't always about winning. :)

Last edited:

Syphon5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50th Anniversary
So much fail in this thread.

Sponsored

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I think this thread went to heck when I mentioned A.1. Steak Sauce, lol.

TC :turkey:

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
That depends. There's no fun in winning by using a perfect machine, which does everything itself and is designed not to lose. I'd rather try to win through my own skill. And if I lose, so be it, at least I've enjoyed trying.
A friend of mine has a BMW M4. In a drag race I would stand no chance against him. So what? I know I enjoy my Mustang more than I would enjoy his soulless dual-shift winning machine. We're friends, we're both enjoying our cars, and that fact that he could be faster than me in a straight line doesn't mean absolutely anything to me. Or to him, for that matter.
That's why I still have, and use, a photo darkroom. A modern digital camera will always 'win', but nothing in the world compares to that magic moment when you see the image appearing gradually in the developer tray - an image that's 100% the result of your skill, not the product of a Japanese computer. Not to me, anyway. Life isn't always about winning. :)
I'm adding a Procharger Stage 2 P1X soon, a 6 speed would really slow that combo down, even with Ronnie Sox shifting it.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
I can think of a lot of disadvantages of having a manual instead of an automatic, but there is one advantage that makes it worth it; my wife can't drive it.

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
The Ford Performance people are already saying that with the way they are trying to design now, that it isn't really that hard to make a car really fast off the line, and very much so with the electric cars around the corner, but the harder challenge is making it engaging. I have been surprised to see a few cases already of those who bought the GT500 (auto) cars for sheer speed now going back to their GT350/R (manual) cars despite the 500's being 'better' at everything

What if when fishing we could drop in a sonor, find the fish, and drop something to get it for us. Is that still a sport?

I went manual since I firmly think it will go the way of the dodo bird. Last chance to row gears before the electrics, which shortly will be better in every way, is the norm. If it's about sheer speed, see you all soon in the Mach E's once a few years into the model they should have a hell of a performance variant

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Not true, but did get under your skin, like shooting fish in a barrel, it is LMAO.
I just find it hilarious that a very few doopy people still making comments like you made. Comedy Central should be getting in touch with you very soon.:facepalm:Manly stick......Who says sh!t like that?:giggle:

Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
I went manual since I firmly think it will go the way of the dodo bird. Last chance to row gears before the electrics, which shortly will be better in every way, is the norm. If it's about sheer speed, see you all soon in the Mach E's once a few years into the model they should have a hell of a performance variant
We are many decades away from mass adoption of electrics. Unless you're a teenager I wouldn't worry about ICE going away in your lifetime.

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
We are many decades away from mass adoption of electrics. Unless you're a teenager I wouldn't worry about ICE going away in your lifetime.
I don't think they are going away totally anytime soon but in California by 2035 only electric can be sold, Colorado is starting to follow suit. But the point was the folks saying A10 is faster, therefore it needs to be all about that. There will be plenty more coming for them soon enough and maybe they can have a 1 speed or 2 speed electric that even does the driving for them get them into the 9's. NOW THAT'S bragging rights!!!(LOL)

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I'm just busting balls man. Manual diehards are always going on about how they need to "feel the connection" or something.
There is a sense of being, if not anything else, more “engaged with the whole car” with a manual transmission.
I like autos. But, manuals are an experience and a marriage of car and driver while today’s automatics are a technological convenience with phenomenal performance advantages. For me, it’s two different experiences.
Sponsored