Heel toe - what pedals

Joe Mac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT 350
I have the stock pedals and wear converse wrestling shoes. They way cheaper than driving shoes
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I had the medium pedal.

Hobdul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2022 Volvo V60 Polestar
Regarding pedal height—you can use shims/spacers to raise the height of the accelerator, but you can only get about 1/2" out of that. That 1/2" does go a long way, however. These are the spacers I used for my car.
I had trouble with heel and toe on my first couple track days, then inserted nylon spacers on the three accelerator pedal bolts, as noted previously in this thread. This made a world of difference as it brought the plane of the accelerator pedal closer to that of the brake pedal--previously was farther forward and so I couldn't roll my ankle enough to get to the gas while still on the brake.

Just used some nylon spacers from Home Depot.

Sponsored

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
I had trouble with heel and toe on my first couple track days, then inserted nylon spacers on the three accelerator pedal bolts, as noted previously in this thread. This made a world of difference as it brought the plane of the accelerator pedal closer to that of the brake pedal--previously was farther forward and so I couldn't roll my ankle enough to get to the gas while still on the brake.

Yes, I did the same. I just used those stainless spacers. I didn't have any luck finding the specific nylon spacers others used at my local hardware store. 😢

Deadly0ne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
I used the Wide SRP pedals on my car, and love them. Still a bit difficult for me to roll over though due to the pedal height differences. May need to try out that spacer trick

SHOdaddy68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Premium w/Recaro
I just went with the Steeda gas pedal and left the stock brake/clutch pedals. The look isn't that different, and getting the gas pedal a little higher relative to the brake (even just the thickness of the metal) certainly doesn't hurt.
+1 for this set-up. Works great on the street or the track. One additional thing I did was add the Steeda clutch pedal extender that adds about an inch to the pedal pad so I'm not stretching my left leg to push it all the way down.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
I have a size 15E foot. No need to heel toe. My foot is so wide, I can catch both pedals in a normal position. Air cooled 911s were a bit difficult.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
Sandals with socks.
D5CF2B59-88AE-44EA-9AED-5E7A024587BA.jpeg

Sponsored

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Also added 3/8” plastic spacers under the gas pedal mount.
I removed the entire gas pedal assembly to ease the install of the new pedal. Its just 3 nuts and a wire connector. Added the spacers (I bought at Lowes) over the studs before reinstalling the pedal assembly.
1660616096916.jpeg

OP
OP
scd603

scd603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

This sounds like something to try before going the pedal route. Do you need to get longer screws to accommodate the Home Depot spacers?

OP
OP
scd603

scd603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Nope, they have enough length
Should have also asked this, how long were the spacers you used? I know what spacers you are talking about and they come in different lengths. Thanks

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Should have also asked this, how long were the spacers you used? I know what spacers you are talking about and they come in different lengths. Thanks
Since the cost is so low I suggest getting different lengths so you can see which you prefer. Chairman posted 3/8” and I’ve seen some go with 1/2”. in another thread, those that have tried multiple size have said the small increments makes a difference for their preference.
Sponsored