Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
Just doing first “ getting to know my Shelby drives” , I put my foot to the right side of the break and went to roll over for heel and toe and the pedal seem to wide apart for heel and toe and also the brake pedal seem to be higher so it wasn’t even ; what are you doing out there to correct that so the pedals are closer and maybe the gas pedals a little further out? Thanks Jim 2016 ( PP011) GT350R
Sponsored

OP
OP
Johnnydarkgt350

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I meant gas pedal higher or more even with brake pedal when brakes applied

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017

proeagles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2019 BMW X3, 2019 Honda Civic
I think the pedal placement is perfect. Just place the ball of your foot on the brake pedal at a slight angle and roll your foot a little to press the gas as you apply brakes. You are making a stabbing motion to blip the throttle.

Sponsored

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Just doing first “ getting to know my Shelby drives” , I put my foot to the right side of the break and went to roll over for heel and toe and the pedal seem to wide apart for heel and toe and also the brake pedal seem to be higher so it wasn’t even ; what are you doing out there to correct that so the pedals are closer and maybe the gas pedals a little further out? Thanks Jim 2016 ( PP011) GT350R

Practice. At first the gap also was a problem for me. I got the SRP pedal, but that was more like training wheels. After about a month, I was able to remove that pedal and heel toe without it. But practice, practice, practice.

Have a simulator? practice on it. It’s a weird movement, heel toe, but once you do it enough, it will be second nature.

OP
OP
Johnnydarkgt350

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks everyone! On my 2000 cobra R” , I tweaked the gas pedal arm closer and stuck a rubber piece on top of the gas pedal and it and I worked great as I’m a ball of the foot and roll over to blip and match rev driver ; these pedals seem to far apart. Now it’s true I haven’t tracked it to feel if the brake pedal will go much lower after heating up to find them level ? The pedals I’m seeing here would close that gap it seems ( SRP) the jury out on these ??

Lurker_350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Tech
........ Now it’s true I haven’t tracked it to feel if the brake pedal will go much lower after heating up to find them level ?
Although I haven't found the pedal to move much in the stroke while on track due to temps (granted, i'm no track pro), I did find that because you are threshold braking, the pedals are about even and the heel/toe blip is much easier. Not so easy on the street since a "reasonable" braking level on the street doesn't get the brake pedal deep enough to be even with the throttle.

I was interested in spacers of some sort - the cheapest of which was a plastic washer inserted behind the throttle to bring it closer to even with the brake pedal. I think some folks sourced them from Home Depot/Lowes. Search for threads on the topic around mid 2016 or so.

Eventually, I just got used to having to roll my foot/ankle more to account for the depth offset between the brake/throttle when not threshold braking. A lot of people really like the wider gas pedals/brake pedals - but to me the issue was more about depth than spacing between them.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I think the pedal placement is perfect. Just place the ball of your foot on the brake pedal at a slight angle and roll your foot a little to press the gas as you apply brakes. You are making a stabbing motion to blip the throttle.
Heal and toe is really not heal and toe. Follow proeagles response

Sponsored

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
The pedal placement is calibrated for the track, so the pedals are perfectly spaced for "heel and toe" (agree it's more ball/outside of foot than heel and toe) when you're on track and braking near threshold. that makes it harder on the street, but it's still doable. I wouldn't change the height of the gas pedal because then when you are really using the brakes, the gas will be above the brake and a controlled heel/toe is impossible in that situation.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
The pedal placement is calibrated for the track, so the pedals are perfectly spaced for "heel and toe" (agree it's more ball/outside of foot than heel and toe) when you're on track and braking near threshold. that makes it harder on the street, but it's still doable. I wouldn't change the height of the gas pedal because then when you are really using the brakes, the gas will be above the brake and a controlled heel/toe is impossible in that situation.

The pedal placement or gap is government regulated. Found that out when talking to Saleen when I was new to heel and toe. They can’t touch that distance or shrink it because it’s spaced so that people cannot accidentally hit the gas instead of the brake.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Yeah, I would not lift the gas pedal at all. It really is aligned properly when you are hard on the brakes. My issue with the stock pedal arrangement was the spacing. The wide extension on the gas makes it easier to roll over onto it. I also had issues with the stock brake pedal gripping my shoe. If I had any moisture on my shoes from getting in the car ( grass paddock area morning dew), it was problematic. Even wiping my shoes they still slipped around. The SRP pedals grip like a mofo.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
for me the heel and toe is just a nice thing to do when dropping down the gears on the road towards a junction. I dont track the car and can't ever see me doing so so having the pedals so height different is an annoyance. Suppose I can always fit the wider gas pedal :)