MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Yeah, I'm probably doing headers next - figure it's a small, but decent peak gain, notable increase in power under-the-curve, more sound / more fun.

Plus, it's a good basis for other options: Going full bol-on NA? Headers compliment a GT350 intake mani. Supercharging? Headers work great with a blower.

Having done with / without cats on other cars, I'm going with a HFC setup, and probably TSP if I buy new.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Popo5ohh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Headers it is then. Not sure what future plans are. Would love a whipple but budget says na gt350 mani. I have zero extra time to install the headers. Anyone have a good shop in the northeast pa/nj area? How much should i be looking at for labor?

AZGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F-150 Sport, 2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 2006 Toyota 4Runner, 2015 VW Golf TDI, 2002 Honda Civic LX
Is there really a difference in quality between SP, SW, Kooks, and ARH? I feel like you pay a premium for the name... Also, are there any headers that don't bolt up with the Ford Racing Sport exhaust and X pipe?

Friesian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Is there really a difference in quality between SP, SW, Kooks, and ARH? I feel like you pay a premium for the name... Also, are there any headers that don't bolt up with the Ford Racing Sport exhaust and X pipe?
I feel for the most part you do. everyone who has the arh love them. Personally I dont care if the welds look pretty, they are hidden anyways. all of the ones you listed are lifetime warranty and built in the usa except the stainless power and have 2 year warranty.

OP
OP

Popo5ohh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Any good shops in northeast pa? How much should i pay for la or?

Sponsored

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
Guess i have no choice then. So catted or catless and texas speed or stainless power
I'm in the same boat, I actually ordered a lund flex tune Friday and I have a steeda intake waiting for the tune to get here. I'm running corsa sport cat back and I'm concerned a little about it being too loud. Which would be less loud, catted, or catless with small resonators? I'm down to stainless power and texas speed. Both are within $75 of each other shipped. Does the stainless power have a better o2 placement for flexfuel? Are the both the same wall thickness?
local guy is charging me 200 for the install, another guy a friend referred wants 250. I could do it but I know it would end up being a weekend ordeal, for this mod a think i'm gonna let someone else do it.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
My buddy and I are gonna tackle the job on Saturday. We're installing SP headers on my GT. I have one other guy who wants us to do his but my buddy wants to wait and see how difficult it is to do them. If you want I can mention you and see what he says after we do mine. most shops around here charge about $900-$1100 for the install last I checked. My friend isn't charging me even half that. For the record, I could do it myself but I don't have a lift or the tools. So we're doing it at his shop. Message me and I'll talk to him and see what he says.

BTW I think Evolution over in PA charges like $900 and last I checked JDM in Freehold charges about the same amount. Both are good shops but it gets pricey. And I think they're both booked. But check with them for specifics. There is also Tune Time over in Lakewood but they seem to be more like GM guys if you ask me, lol!! There is another shop out in New Brunswick or East Brunswick...somewhere out there. They are a small shop and they usually have really good rates. I can't remember the name tho. And there are a couple local shops around the corner from me. They don't do performance stuff per se but they'll do headers and stuff. Their rates are a little less than most performance shops but it could still get pretty high.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
Ideal Garage...that is the name of the one I couldn't remember. They are in Woodbridge right off route 9. And the one around the corner from me is Ultimate Car Care...they might do the job and they might not, lol!! They were gonna do the headers on my 2010 Camaro SS but I chose to do the job myself. And one other shop over in Belmar at a Getty. They were gonna do heads on my 03 GT but I did the work myself. The one guy that works there is a Mustang guy...if he still works there that is. I know just about every shop in this area, lol!!

OP
OP

Popo5ohh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Yea ill message you. Im a detailer to.so can do a full detail plus cash for anyone who wants to

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I'm not sure I would run catless on a daily driver for the fact that the exhaust smell gets into your clothes, shoes, hats, everything. I have to air out all my stuff after I drive in or even stand around my buddies 5.0 with catless longtubes. I think the ghost cam tube makes it even worse. But if it's just your weekend car then I'd probably go catless. It is loud though, so if you have a loud exhaust already prepare for it to be significantly louder.

Sponsored

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
I have SP Catless headers. They looked fantastic, welds looked great and install was easy. They fit just as you would expect. As for the smell, if you run a normal tune (non cammed) its not bad but if you run a cam tune its quite a bit worse.

Be warned going catless it will be VERY loud.

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Definitely yes. Install cost me less than 500 at a very reputable shop. I had my mid-pipe welded to the x-pipe to avoid the pinch and I'm catted.

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
We did a step by step mod/hp gain and full ARH exhaust system took the car from 392whp to 430whp. This was without cats. Also we did not relocate the O2 sensors and have had no problems.

Phil@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Bullitt, 2004 Cobra, 1968 Fastback
Longtube headers we have clocked at a full days work, 8 hours, so its about $1000 for labor. We ar ebooked til about the 3rd week in May. Let us know if there is anything we can help you out with.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I think catted are good for around 10-15rwhp and catless are good for 15-20rwhp.
This to me makes me feel like unless you can install them (LTH) yourself, the cat deletes are a WAY better bang for your buck for whp VS $$. I'm still on the fence with what to do, but the simplicity of the cat deletes are great for installation and converting back to stock.

Can any compare the sound of just cat deletes VS full LTH. How much sound difference is there between the two?
Sponsored