Worth it??

JC'sGT5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT, PP
I have a new, as of Nov. 14th, a 2016 GT, PP. I love the car, and the mod bug has bitten. I'm loving the Corsa Extreme catback that Alex at American Muscle helped me get. I would really like to get a set of Kooks catted headers and a Steeda no-tune intake. Technically, would I just be putting just 'parts' on my car without tuning? I do not want to void the warranty
Sponsored

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I have a new, as of Nov. 14th, a 2016 GT, PP. I love the car, and the mod bug has bitten. I'm loving the Corsa Extreme catback that Alex at American Muscle helped me get. I would really like to get a set of Kooks catted headers and a Steeda no-tune intake. Technically, would I just be putting just 'parts' on my car without tuning? I do not want to void the warranty
As far as I know, here in Cali, even the Kooks catted headers are illegal, as is the CAI even without a tune, if you are concerned about the warranty, you should probably be concerned about being illegal, having said that, I will be installing my Steeda CAI/tune this weekend hopefully, and will deal with it if it becomes a problem

OP
OP

JC'sGT5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
Being in California does have its' good side but the restrictions can be a bit annoying. I agree with you Gdy. With my catback I figure that I wouldn't have to smog the car for 5 years or so.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
The catted headers won't pass CA smog, and neither will the CAI unless it's enclosed, has a sound baffle and a CARB EO number. But the catback will be fine. Don't you love living in the land of Brown Rot?

OP
OP

JC'sGT5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
I also was thinking of horsepower gains with adding various items like the headers, and CAI without tuning. Would I be trading out parts, at a cost for stock parts that already work.

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
jesus why do yall live in that mess! haha

come to SC where we don't give a crap if you even have an exhaust or care if the mufflers are dragging on the ground. no inspections ftw

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
I think the Kooks green catted headers don't require a tune if I'm not mistaken, but yeah if you are concerned about warranty, I would not even consider headers.

But you don't need smog until 6 years after, so don't be too concerned about it. Get the headers, get the tune, and forget about that damn warranty haha

No matter how shitty are car laws are here, I am never leaving Cali..

All the good definitely out weight all the bad!

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
jesus why do yall live in that mess! haha

come to SC where we don't give a crap if you even have an exhaust or care if the mufflers are dragging on the ground. no inspections ftw
Trust me, I ask myself that more and more frequently, this place used to be the place to live, now it's just a liberal shit hole....unfortunately it isn't that easy to just pick up and move
Sponsored