Sponsored

Headers worth it?

Popo5ohh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Been going back and forth on this. I have a 16gt with 3k miles on it. Basic bolt on car. Pmas. Lund tune and corsa extremes. Are headers worth the cost on a bolt on car? How much power am i looking at and will it definetly toss my warranty out window? I used to work for my ford dealer so they are pretty reasonable about it i think if i ever needed it
Sponsored

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Long tubes and Corsa extremes will be really loud.

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
I was in the same boat as you are. 16GT 4k miles, Lund tune and Corsa extreme. For me, it was worth it. I was looking for just a bit more power and lots more Corsa Extreme!

OP
OP

Popo5ohh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Any vids? Im thinking texas speed or stainless power

Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
Your warranty is already out the window, lol!! I feel that LT headers are pretty much always worth it if you can get them at a good price and can do some/most of the install by yourself. Go for it!!

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
Been going back and forth on this. I have a 16gt with 3k miles on it. Basic bolt on car. Pmas. Lund tune and corsa extremes. Are headers worth the cost on a bolt on car? How much power am i looking at and will it definetly toss my warranty out window? I used to work for my ford dealer so they are pretty reasonable about it i think if i ever needed it
Tough to say on the warranty, but if you've done what you've done so far to your car I don't think the headers would be the mod that would break your warranty.

Tough to say on the horsepower gains too. I think catted are good for around 10-15rwhp and catless are good for 15-20rwhp. Which doesn't sound like a lot, but I can tell a difference. My Premium auto GT with CAI, Lund flexfuel tune with E85, and catless headers runs a 12 flat at 118mph. Which doesn't sound that great, but the track I usually run doesn't prep well much past 60-100ft. I get nasty tire spin at 35ish mph, have to let off a half second, then get back in it. I really think my car is good for 11.8 @ 120mph if I don't lose traction.

Also catless headers with corsa extreme is nasty loud. I like it, but I'm willing to bet for 90% of car fans its too loud for them personally. I do get a lot of compliments, though.

OP
OP

Popo5ohh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Im thinking catless and getting small resonators to rid any unwanted rasp

OP
OP

Popo5ohh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Guess i have no choice then. So catted or catless and texas speed or stainless power

Sponsored

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Stay catted.

I've had multiple cars catless and found there was minimal if any gains going catless.

Having less smell is fantastic

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
I prefer catless. My other Muscle Car is catless and the fumes are barely noticeable.

I chose SP over TSP because the SP set-up has everything you need including the extensions. And I got the XL connection so I can cut my catback and turn it into a full 3 inch system. But whichever route you go I'm sure you'll be more than pleased with the results!! Good luck with it!!

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
catlless ftw..esp on e85. car smells delicious. if you run any header but kooks on e85 you will have to relocated your o2s..just fyi

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Yes even if headers made no gains the sound is worth having!
Sponsored