Sponsored

Headers worth it?

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
JDM just installed my headers for me yesterday. It was worth every penny too. Only thing I have to do now is find a quieter cat back so my neighbors don't get upset with me LOL.
Sponsored

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
How do headers change the sound of the exhaust? I currently have AWE Touring and I like how deep they sound. Worried LTHs would take away from that. I dont mind the extra volume but would the tone of the exhaust change completely?

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Im about to pull the trigger on some Texas Speed long tube headers. Cant decide if i wanna do catted or non catted. Is the sound difference big between the two (volume and rasp)? I dont care about smells much just sound.
There's quite a few folks (myself included) talking about TSP headers - maybe there's an option for a GP with commitment on 5-10 sets[?]

Looks like the "regular" pricing direct from TSP is $699 without cats, $839 with highflow cats. To me here in Florida it's about $50 shipping.

Brianh922

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1
I'd be interested in group buy on TSP headers. Looks like they're a good buy for the price.

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
^^ im in for the group buy too! lets get one going

Sponsored

AJ ROJO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
How do headers change the sound of the exhaust? I currently have AWE Touring and I like how deep they sound. Worried LTHs would take away from that. I dont mind the extra volume but would the tone of the exhaust change completely?
Here is a vid of a car with catted longtubes and pretty sure its procharged with the awe touring cat back

Last edited:

JDVisualz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Mustang GT Premium/PP
If you're in Cali and thinking about picking up TSP headers..I'd have a backup plan if I were you, since they won't ship to Cali due to emissions lol.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
[MENTION=18012]jke0114[/MENTION] Just alerting you to this discussion, I recall you mentioned you're thinking about TSP headers.

If you're in Cali and thinking about picking up TSP headers..I'd have a backup plan if I were you, since they won't ship to Cali due to emissions lol.
Find a buddy in AZ :D

Sheenapple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
it's going to add some rasp to the mix. it will def change the tone

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
They are absolutely worth it. I'd do mine again for sound alone. That said power gains are noticeable.

Sponsored

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
I found them on Ebay and there is no mention of NOT shipping to CA? I hope you are wrong lol

JDVisualz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Mustang GT Premium/PP
I found them on Ebay and there is no mention of NOT shipping to CA? I hope you are wrong lol
Nope, actually tried to order them last week. Gave them a call to correct info on billing and shipping since I had the wrong phone number listed. Found it was going to Cali..they told me they can't and promptly canceled my order. Ended up going with Stainless Powers from Beefcake.

Edit: Yes you're right theres no mention of not shipping to cali which is why I went to order them in the first place because for the price you cant really beat that but oh well lol. Swear living in Cali is like living in a whole other country with these Cali laws :(

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
I guess no group buy for me then. Ill order from ebay
:(

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
Long tubes and an E85 race tune, those would be my first mods as a new S550 owner. I'll reserve my comments about header brand

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Oh man, the vendor from ebay is actually Texas Speed! I got a refund right after ordering. FML
What is my next cheapest option? I want something thats proven to fit good. Dont wanna pay for installation twice
Sponsored