Sponsored

Has anyone seen Borla's "new" resonator delete?

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Sweet. That is exactly the same as my setup would be with Vibrants added. Well, I don't have headers, but that may come in the future.
oops my bad that was why i had posted it cause i thought you would have been the exact same but you dont have headers. with that said the vibrants may calm yours down a bit more. i noticed a little reduction in volume but it was most effective on the rasp. they definitely clean up the sound.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Besides headers and cat deletes, exhaust mods don't really change power in these cars. Especially not a resonator delete setup no matter the style. I think the real difference will be the sound. Like the Corsa dual x setup is for sound reasons, same with x vs h pipe in that location. This will probably offer some sort of different sound over a standard x or h crossover but that's it.
There are some mild gains from doing a true crossover (like an X) over the factory resonator, but it's not butt-dyno felt. The factory resonator is a rather poor cross-bank scavenging device in comparison, and also makes for an odd sound when compared with even a resonated X or H at the same volume.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
interesting.

OP
OP
nastang87xx

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
There are some mild gains from doing a true crossover (like an X) over the factory resonator, but it's not butt-dyno felt. The factory resonator is a rather poor cross-bank scavenging device in comparison, and also makes for an odd sound when compared with even a resonated X or H at the same volume.
I think the consensus is like 3 or so RWHP. As you said, not Earth shattering. Weight savings and sound is where your money is definitely going for most of those resonator deletes.

BBR-NICK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2000 mustang gt,2000 f350
very interesting looking curious on the sound .

Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
seems overly complicated.

Why not cross the left to the right on the lower plane and the right to the left on the upper plane?
Actually just looked at it again and it does in fact cross over on the same plane (ie. X is on the top).

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
turn the collectors 90 degrees and put them on different planes.
Then one pipe from each vertical splitter goes straight while the other crosses over (opposites of course) and you eliminate the need for the funky bends in the "independent" X crossover.

Still seems like a lot of work to make an H pipe.

Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Besides headers and cat deletes, exhaust mods don't really change power in these cars. Especially not a resonator delete setup no matter the style. I think the real difference will be the sound. Like the Corsa dual x setup is for sound reasons, same with x vs h pipe in that location. This will probably offer some sort of different sound over a standard x or h crossover but that's it.
I've always heard res delete x-pipe is good for a few hp up top, and res delete h-pipe is good for a little down low torque increase. I plan to get a base dyno and then another pull after installing an h-pipe just to see if there's any noticeable move in the torque curve. I just like the sound of the h over the x. As mentioned, weight reduction is probably the only real benefit other than a few more decibels.

OP
OP
nastang87xx

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I've always heard res delete x-pipe is good for a few hp up top, and res delete h-pipe is good for a little down low torque increase. I plan to get a base dyno and then another pull after installing an h-pipe just to see if there's any noticeable move in the torque curve. I just like the sound of the h over the x. As mentioned, weight reduction is probably the only real benefit other than a few more decibels.

Wouldn't even bother. Save the money on the dyno runs and get something that actually net real world differences like a tune. You'll see probably see a 2 or 3 numbers swing on both curves and are well within margins of error.

Noggles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The crossovers at that point are only for sound. They are too far back to offer any sort of scavenging effect like they are designed to do. As for power, a full 3” catback has shown not to pick up power even with no mufflers. There’s no way simply deleting the resonator will do anything but change sound and weight.

OP
OP
nastang87xx

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The crossovers at that point are only for sound. They are too far back to offer any sort of scavenging effect like they are designed to do. As for power, a full 3” catback has shown not to pick up power even with no mufflers. There’s no way simply deleting the resonator will do anything but change sound and weight.
Proven again and again. However on the GT350, Jamaal Hameedi himself at the time said that there's actually a power difference between the GT350 and the GT350R because of the resonator delete. I think he said it's 5 repeatable horsepower. Always that one thorn on the stem. They opted not to re-certify the GT350R because of cost.
Sponsored